8 posts
Page 1 of 1
A rather large project in SOP (4.5) is not loading any more plugins.

Thinking it was the plugins themselves, I opened a new project, and they opened right up.

So either the project is corrupt, or I've hit some form of limit on the amount of
plugins that SOP can handle...

Anyone know of a plugin limit in SOP??

I can get a count of current loaded plugins, but I'm certain if a limit exists, it's based on the latency/cpu requirements over an actual number of plugins...

Higher buffer settings do not help.

Thanks for any insight,
MG

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by Lawrence on Fri May 24, 2019 7:34 am
It may be the Windows FLS thing https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... ild-18312/ where some plugins have a limit. If so, Microsoft has fixed that in an update but you may not see it available yet as they roll those things out slowly.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/21/1863 ... ll-release
by DrummaMan on Fri May 24, 2019 7:48 am
OH!!!
I do recall hearing about that.

Thank you Lawrence.

It does'n t help me with this project, but that will help down the road.

Good to know it's not SOP, as I am quickly becoming a fan of this software.
(As a long-time user of Cakewalk/Sonar, I'm finally getting used to the changed workflow and “missing” feature set.)

All the best,
MG

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by bartbalint on Fri May 24, 2019 8:48 am
Apparently the latest update to Win10, Windows 10 public release version 1903/18362.116, removes the FLS slot limit. I can’t personally confirm that right now, but reading in the Steinberg forums several have confirmed this.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by Nip on Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 am
bartbalint wroteApparently the latest update to Win10, Windows 10 public release version 1903/18362.116, removes the FLS slot limit. I can’t personally confirm that right now, but reading in the Steinberg forums several have confirmed this.

I've seen this too - if fully update W10 it should be fixed for good.
Microsoft has increased this far beyond what is needed for all future.

I saw this late winter or early spring.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by DrummaMan on Fri May 24, 2019 9:24 am
Thanks for the update.
I'll watch for 1903, as mine is at 1809 right now.
I saw that May 29th may be the next big release...
MG

by darrenporter1 on Fri May 24, 2019 10:31 pm
There is a fascinating thread on Gearslutz about this... https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... limit.html

In that thread, the whole issue is explained by an actual Microsoft engineer (a very regular poster on GS) who has been advocating with MS for a fix to this for some time because they were actually planning on REDUCING the limit thinking nobody ever really ran into an issue with this so why not. This guy lobbied hard to get the limit actually removed altogether explaining us audio-folks' point of view.

Turns out they actually listened to him and lifted the limit for good. Nice to hear somebody out there actually listens and responds once in a while.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Nip on Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 am
darrenporter1 wroteThere is a fascinating thread on Gearslutz about this... https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... limit.html

In that thread, the whole issue is explained by an actual Microsoft engineer (a very regular poster on GS) who has been advocating with MS for a fix to this for some time because they were actually planning on REDUCING the limit thinking nobody ever really ran into an issue with this so why not. This guy lobbied hard to get the limit actually removed altogether explaining us audio-folks' point of view.

Turns out they actually listened to him and lifted the limit for good. Nice to hear somebody out there actually listens and responds once in a while.

I think it was the same thread I got a link to on KVR Audio forum where I saw this.

Microsoft did not have a listening ear to the ground for a good while, and lost initiative. Today most people get by just fine by not having a PC - their pads/tablets and phones and just fine for most purposes. Same things goes for pre-school daycare children that use pads all the time.

As a developer I found that MS switched from being greatful to developers in the 90's doing stuff for Windows 3.x - and moved to also make money on developer tools. BackOffice extensions became so expensive that I could not afford them - something like $3000 annually. In todays currency is 2-3 times more.

The position of the PC just became stronger and they dismantled support almost - compared to how easy I got confirmed bugs in the 90's directly by MS officials. They even gave me free upgrades of C/C++ at the time - because they knew there were a snakepit.of bugs in MFC classes.

They started to charge for everything - rather than "thanks for using Microsoft products".

Now we are back to the 90's - and Visual Studio 2017 is free in what most people need.

Much too late they bought Nokia. They also started to realise that video games market is huge - so PC gaming and Xbox more become play anywhere and so on. So they invested buying developer studios for video games to release exclusive games for PC and Xbox.

They really misjudged market on Xbox and direction it took for a media center and no exclusive games- while PS4 took over completely. Again not listening by MS - more like trying to control what people want. Phil Spencer did a good job now correcting some of that - MS realise this is important market too.

And in the end they realised that daw market is really important as well - not to loose that to other platforms. Seeing the need to load so much plugins into the same process and what limitations arose.

And when are they to realise that not everybody are online using pc - and force these updates on PC. Even Xbox One was early planned to be online only, no disk drive even - if it was 2014 that was released. Sony laughed at them at said PS4 don't need to be - and MS had to back off.

And Xbox One was released 1 year later in sweden than in big markets - loosing all the market to PS4. Probably struggled to do voice commands in swedish or something that took a long time.

In recent 6 months or so - I suddenly was getting loads of marketing from Adobe offering me this and that. I used Premiere Elements which was not online and no subscription - and news were activate but did not have anything for three years - and now suddenly I am flooded with news and offers.

I guess they realised Creative Cloud maybe wasn't what eveyrbody wanted - constantly being online and to subscription only.. Premiere full version was on CC version and subscription as they did it - so did not go that route. I dropped out of everything Adobe - even AcrobatReader has better options in 3rd party today.

Probably lost a lot of revenue on everybody doing what I did.

So they start much more marketing now. Adobe also suffer from not listening and try to control how people should work - subscriptions and online. Perpetual licenses not available anymore than for entry level products like Elements series.

So i feel MS is on the right route - and nobody has to go Mac because of plugin limitations anymore. But still scared shitless over how updates on windows 10 might create issues as I read about - if getting a new pc. Windows 7 is just perfect and hope to keep it - if supported.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***

8 posts
Page 1 of 1