26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hi friends.

All of a sudden. My undo stopped working. it doesnt matter if it´s from the dropdown edit menu or key command (cmd+Z).

If I move a clip in the arrange, and instantly undo it, it works. When looking at the undo history it says "Undo moving event"
However, as soon as I move a clip and press play after moving the clip, the undo doesnt work anymore. It doesnt matter what parameter I change. As soon as I hit play, it forgets what has been done and no Undo/Redo works.
When checking undo history, instead of saying "Undo moving event" it says "Undo multiple parameters" and nothing happends when undoing. It does not undo any parameter what so ever...

Is there a secret button that I accidentalöy pushed or W T-F happened?

Pleeeasseee help me!

Thank you for your time.
//Ted
by Bbd on Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 am
Ted,
You need to give us your specs!
No idea what version or operating system you are on. We might be able to help if you provide this info.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by tedkrotkiewski on Thu May 23, 2019 7:39 am
Ok, Thanks.

I´m on an Imac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015).
4 GHz Intel Core i7
OSX: 10.11.6

Studio One 4:
V. 4.1.3
I am currently working with video, don´t know if that can havce anything to do with it?

Many thanks for your time.
//Ted
by vanhaze on Thu May 23, 2019 8:09 am
Update to S1 version 4.5 (it's a free update for you, it's in your Presonus account) and then check if the issue is gone in v 4.5

Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 gig RAM, 256 gig SSD | OSX Ventura -latest Beta | Presonus Studio 24C audio interface.
by roland1 on Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 am
I don't know how far along you are in your project or how many tracks you're using, but it might be a good idea to close your song file, start a new file, and then import all your valuable tracks into that new project. (Import Song Data - under song menu).

That way you are not being held back by what might be a corrupt file. I have encountered glitches as well that were often file-specific. It's better to start a new file than lose time swimming against the tide.

tedkrotkiewski wroteOk, Thanks.

I´m on an Imac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015).
4 GHz Intel Core i7
OSX: 10.11.6

Studio One 4:
V. 4.1.3
I am currently working with video, don´t know if that can havce anything to do with it?

Many thanks for your time.
//Ted

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by wonder6oy on Thu May 23, 2019 6:00 pm
tedkrotkiewski wroteHi friends.

All of a sudden. My undo stopped working. it doesnt matter if it´s from the dropdown edit menu or key command (cmd+Z).

If I move a clip in the arrange, and instantly undo it, it works. When looking at the undo history it says "Undo moving event"
However, as soon as I move a clip and press play after moving the clip, the undo doesnt work anymore. It doesnt matter what parameter I change. As soon as I hit play, it forgets what has been done and no Undo/Redo works.
When checking undo history, instead of saying "Undo moving event" it says "Undo multiple parameters" and nothing happends when undoing. It does not undo any parameter what so ever...

Is there a secret button that I accidentalöy pushed or W T-F happened?

Pleeeasseee help me!

Thank you for your time.
//Ted

Yeah. This has happened to me several times as well, always toward the end of a long session. I was too busy to report it. Glad you brought it up.
Haven't seen it yet in 4.5 (fingers crossed).

system specs: Studio One 5.1.0, Windows 10 64bit, Intel I7 8700K
by robertgray3 on Thu May 23, 2019 6:25 pm
Next time this comes up take a look at your undo history. I think there’s one or two features that sometimes put duplicate entries in your undo history so it will appear for one or two undos that it isn’t working

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Bbd on Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 pm
Win 10 S1 4.5

Did about 45 minutes of testing a new song and creating, editing, deleting with Undo. Had one system crash that I will report.

But could not get undo to mess up afterwards.
The problem could be caused by a number of moves that then turn off your Undo.
So far, I have not seen that.
Will keep an eye out for it.

Robert asked you to keep us updated.
Please do.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by wonder6oy on Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm
robertgray3 wroteNext time this comes up take a look at your undo history. I think there’s one or two features that sometimes put duplicate entries in your undo history so it will appear for one or two undos that it isn’t working

It's not like that. I could save, quit, reboot the entire system, reload the session, and undo would still be broken. But only in that particular session. Others would work fine.

by robertgray3 on Thu May 23, 2019 7:26 pm
The undo history stays the next time you open the session. So if there are, say, 20 dummy entries in the undo history you would have to press it 21 times. If this is still happening with a session, can you post it?

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by wonder6oy on Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 pm
robertgray3 wroteThe undo history stays the next time you open the session. So if there are, say, 20 dummy entries in the undo history you would have to press it 21 times. If this is still happening with a session, can you post it?

Sure.

by georgeheredia on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:22 am
wonder6oy wrote
robertgray3 wroteThe undo history stays the next time you open the session. So if there are, say, 20 dummy entries in the undo history you would have to press it 21 times. If this is still happening with a session, can you post it?

Sure.

Apparently this is still a bug in Version 5 (Mac OS), and something I had not previously had an issue with before.

A new song will have no issue. To me it appears that if you create a new song with stems from another DAW - in my case Logic Pro X - after a while UNDO stops working. I don't know why, but this has happened a couple of times to me now in the new version and always bringing in stems from another DAW.
by robertgray3 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:47 am
georgeheredia wroteApparently this is still a bug in Version 5

What does your undo history say? A recent time that I saw this "bug" the person had izotope RX in Adaptive mode and it was creating hundreds of undo history entries.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by aaroncampbell1 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:00 am
Same here. First time I encountered this is on a session in v5. Interesting.

EDIT: So here is what I found out was causing my issue. I had the Eventide H3000 on a send/return for a couple tracks. The preset I used in the plugin had constant pitch shifting parameters ever so slightly. This was registered as a plugin parameter change in S1. I noticed in the top left corner of the DAW. This would normally be an undo-able function so S1 is recording it as such. This makes undo impossible. My history was blank, though.

So I am wondering is there an undo-disable on a per-plugin basis or something? I can use the same preset in other DAW's and it doesn't do that. Must be because of S1 being advanced and really integrating with all plugs and parameters.
by kristoferkristensen on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:31 am
Can confirm this issue is present in v5. Was working on a new song file with just a few things in it. Undo's now have to be performed by opening the Undo history and selecting an entry. I undo all the time, and I think we all do. It's vital that it works when experimenting.

I have a dedicated music PC with i9 processor, 32gb of ram, nice fast system.

Presonus Studio One 5 Professional 5.2.0.63799 Win x64 (Built on Mar 5 2021)
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 19042.867)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD
Processor: i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz
32gb RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (6 gb)
by kristoferkristensen on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:51 am
I did a process by elimination, deleting insert after insert, and found that removing a particular plugin restored the Undo functionality.

In my case it was the Fat2 plugin by Soundspot. It's a modulation filter and I guess every time it adjust a parameter, it overwhelms Studio One's Undo functionality.

32gb RAM
by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:11 pm
The fact that FAT2 cutoff frequency is oscillating wildly is troubling. Either remove, dissable it, or filter it, and see if the problem goes away. Preferably for now, remove the fat channal on that channel altogether. It likely wasn't in your new song that had undo history working fine. That is probably over flowing your undo history with a bunch of data. Also check that you don't have a mod wheel or controller parameter slightly on that is causing that cutoff frequency to oscillate. Is your MIDI indicator constantly reading on even when notes aren't played? If so, when you remove the FAT2, does it go away?

It seems anyway, there may lie the culprit.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by robertgray3 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:48 pm
The problem there isn't that Undo needs to be disabled, the issue is that Control Link seems to be particularly sensitive to parameter automation coming out of plugins, whether or not the user is actively causing it.

A plugin that fills up the undo history is usually the most visible way this gets in the way, but it's not the only way. Many plugins can hijack Link mode on any of the Faderports if "Last Touched" is enabled.

I believe if you place any AU or VST2 instrument (maybe inserts too?) in a Multi Instrument then even things like pressing the Sustain Pedal will cause this issue.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by kristoferkristensen on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:12 am
Thanks for your replies!

I removed the Fat2 plugin and all is well in the kingdom.

So, it wasn't a Studio One issue after all. I have lots of plugins that are fairly animated and lively, but that don't wreak havoc on my Undo history, so this was a Soundspot issue.

32gb RAM
by Lokeyfly on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:40 am
Of course, no one was saying to dissable undo. The fact that undo might be inundated with some repeated or oscillation such as the cutoff frequency is worth disabling that parameter is and was worth looking at. No, disabling undo wasn't mentioned.

Way to go kristoferkristensen! Removing each insert helps reduce the possibilities of the snag Undo might have been encountering. Good it's solved!

Yes, some plugin features don't adhere to Undo, or vise versa which can stop or defeat the Undo history chain.

Most any plugin that isn't recognized by control link might be suspect. Though I've come across many that don't impact Undo.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2