16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is anyone else having issues with the arp speed Omnisphere 2.6 inside studio one. As you can see from the video the arp is playing twice as fast. Eg: set to 1/4 plays 8ths - 8ths plays 16ths etc In order to play 1/4 I have to set it to 1/2.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by markrobotham on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by scottyo7 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm
Your title is confusing to me... and probably others.
I read it as there's an issue with the 'native' Arpeggiator in Studio One.

What your video shows is that you're having issues with the Arp built into Omnisphere... correct? :roll:

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by musicchamber on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 am
markrobotham wroteIs anyone else having issues with the arp speed in studio one. As you can see from the video the arp is playing twice as fast. Eg: set to 1/4 plays 8ths - 8ths plays 16ths etc In order to play 1/4 I have to set it to 1/2.

phpBB [video]

Omnisphere's arp in Studio One working perfectly for me here. I'm on mac.
No issues at all. Never used it, but just tested it for you.

Played a chord for 1 bar, set studio one's tempo to 120. Tested Omnisphere triggering 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 note pattern and all is working correctly.

Best
Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by markrobotham on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 am
Thanks for checking, I haven't found any particular steps to reproduce as yet, just seems to happen randomly, although consistently once saved in a studio one song project.

Still waiting for a fix for Omnisphere reverb issue in studio one, spectrasonics are aware of that one though. very annoying when using the pro verb inside of Omnisphere.

Corrected post title.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by joesal on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 pm
markrobotham wroteThanks for checking, I haven't found any particular steps to reproduce as yet, just seems to happen randomly, although consistently once saved in a studio one song project.

Still waiting for a fix for Omnisphere reverb issue in studio one, spectrasonics are aware of that one though. very annoying when using the pro verb inside of Omnisphere.

Corrected post title.

I just tested it on Windows and it works for me. So what's the issue with the pro verb effect?

Musician, songwriter, and I make a great linguine with clam sauce.
by markrobotham on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 am
Thanks, pro verb issue was first reported back in December 2018 was hoping to have to have sorted by the 2.6 update but it still exists.

I did email them again and they said "We are aware of this issue and know that this is important to get resolved.
Our FX units, including Pro-Verb were developed with 3rd party companies. Because of this, it’s doubly complicated to fix."

Video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCUHLOHgdRw steps to reproduce in the description

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by markrobotham on Wed May 08, 2019 10:50 am
The arp and pro-verb issues appear to fixed in the latest Omnisphere 2.6.1e update.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by markrobotham on Tue May 21, 2019 3:01 pm
Another issue, this time the Mod Envelope Timing. Omnisphere 2.6.1e & Studio One 4.5 Mod Envelope Timing Issues works fine in Cakewalk by Bandlab, but not in Studio One 4.5

EDIT 23rd May 2019: It only happens when dropout protection is set to "maximum" in Studio One.

phpBB [video]

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by dcumpian on Sun May 26, 2019 10:16 am
Just updated to Omni 2.6.1e and I'm getting similar issues when loading a project with Omnisphere instruments, but if I reload the patch from scratch, the issue seems to go away. The other issue I'm having is switch patches now seems to trigger a random note. If that's a new feature, I'd like to turn it off, lol.

Dan
by markrobotham on Sun May 26, 2019 12:29 pm
Just curios, are you also getting broken glide settings with custom patches prior to 2.6? I say broken in the sense they don`t load how they were originally programmed, the glide seems more prominent, to the point of making the patch unusable.

I have made spectrasonics aware of this and the other issue of the mod envelope timing issue in studio one when when dropout protection is set to "maximum" However the latter could be Studio One issue.

Either way if you have issues please also report them to spectrasonics so they can get fixed :-)

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by dcumpian on Mon May 27, 2019 5:12 am
markrobotham wroteJust curios, are you also getting broken glide settings with custom patches prior to 2.6? I say broken in the sense they don`t load how they were originally programmed, the glide seems more prominent, to the point of making the patch unusable.

I haven't run into this as of yet, but I'll keep an ear out for it.

Dan
by chrismarshall2 on Tue May 28, 2019 5:32 am
dcumpian wroteThe other issue I'm having is switch patches now seems to trigger a random note. If that's a new feature, I'd like to turn it off, lol.

I think it's a new 'Omnisphere' feature to rival Komplete. Haven't found a way to turn it off yet, and it also seems to trigger at max velocity as well...

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by chrismarshall2 on Tue May 28, 2019 5:35 am
chrismarshall2 wrote
dcumpian wroteThe other issue I'm having is switch patches now seems to trigger a random note. If that's a new feature, I'd like to turn it off, lol.

I think it's a new 'Omnisphere' feature to rival Komplete. Haven't found a way to turn it off yet, and it also seems to trigger at max velocity as well...

Here it is: https://support.spectrasonics.net/manua ... on-page05a

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by dcumpian on Tue May 28, 2019 6:13 am
dcumpian wrote
markrobotham wroteJust curios, are you also getting broken glide settings with custom patches prior to 2.6? I say broken in the sense they don`t load how they were originally programmed, the glide seems more prominent, to the point of making the patch unusable.

I haven't run into this as of yet, but I'll keep an ear out for it.

Dan

On a lark, I loaded a patch with Glide enabled and, you're right, the Glide time parameter has changed. It appears that the Glide parameter is now longer than it used to be. Pulling the slider down just a bit shortens the glide back to where my ears tell me it should be.

Dan
by dcumpian on Tue May 28, 2019 6:14 am
chrismarshall2 wrote
chrismarshall2 wrote

Here it is: https://support.spectrasonics.net/manua ... on-page05a

Thanks for this! It was driving me crazy...

Dan
by markrobotham on Tue May 28, 2019 6:26 am

On a lark, I loaded a patch with Glide enabled and, you're right, the Glide time parameter has changed. It appears that the Glide parameter is now longer than it used to be. Pulling the slider down just a bit shortens the glide back to where my ears tell me it should be.

Dan

Thanks for checking, I have reported it to spectrasonics, but if you could do the same when you get a chance, it would be very helpful :-) I have a library for sale (over a 1000 patches) I had to go through them all to check and fix affected patches, very time consuming.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ