31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
dragndropnotworking.png
1. Drag n drop from Studio One browser - drag wav file from S1 browser to Akai Mpc software pads.
Fails on Windows 10 - but works on Mac.

Works on Mac versions tested - 10.9 thru 10.14

2. Windows 10 does not recognize the drag n drop.

3. Spoke with Dan developer at Akai Pro, he said.

"unfortunately, it's not something we can fix. we have no control over what studio one is sending us during a drag and drop. have you reached out to them about the issue? "

Ticket has been submitted to fix this windows bug ..

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by donaldbaarns on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm
Could be a bug in S1, but could also be a permissions issue.

If S1 is started as an Admin, and Akai is not, (or the opposite) it would fail in Win.

You can see similar issues if S1 is started as an Admin, and File Manager is a normal user (common), you can't drag/drop a WAV file or MP3, from the File Manager into S1. That is not a bug, but appropriate if apps are at different security levels.

Just because it works on the Mac doesn't mean the security levels of both apps are the same on Win machine. It could be a bug, but it could be security settings specific to the setup on that machine.

PS: I just saw this for a Windows user who couldn't drag INTO S1 from the File Manager. It looked like an S1 issue, but it wasn't...

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by jonhamilton2 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:31 pm
Hi,
No this is for certain a presonus windows bug, issue. The permissions issue the user is speaking of is a windows explorer to studio one drag n drop issue, fixed only by admin compatibility settings. This is different!

This is completely a presonus studio one issue,as it's not allowing the drag n drop INSIDE their software to happen.

The ADMIN settings drag n drop issue is from within windows and can be corrected by the user changing compatibility settings , please let's not confuse the two.

Besides that fact, native instruments maschine once had the same problem on windows, but presonus eventually fixed it.

So please Presonus, take a look at this one, as it's again something on your side, just as Dan from Akai mentioned. Thanks a million!

Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
by jonhamilton2 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:04 pm
Years keep passing by without any regard for this bug on windows, please Presonus fix this.

by IanM5 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:52 pm
Did you get any reply to your ticket?

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by PreAl on Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:17 am
jonhamilton2 wroteHi,
No this is for certain a presonus windows bug, issue. The permissions issue the user is speaking of is a windows explorer to studio one drag n drop issue, fixed only by admin compatibility settings. This is different!

This is completely a presonus studio one issue,as it's not allowing the drag n drop INSIDE their software to happen.

The ADMIN settings drag n drop issue is from within windows and can be corrected by the user changing compatibility settings , please let's not confuse the two.

Besides that fact, native instruments maschine once had the same problem on windows, but presonus eventually fixed it.

So please Presonus, take a look at this one, as it's again something on your side, just as Dan from Akai mentioned. Thanks a million!

Understood, but can you simply clarify that you aren't running any apps as admin please.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jonhamilton2 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:31 am
Yes I confirm that I'm not running any apps as Admin.

by jonhamilton2 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 am
Please Presonus can you fix this 1. This bug has been around for years, and needs a quick fix.

by jonhamilton2 on Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:27 pm
Update: This information has been passed to the dev's, so hopefully they can fix this soon. fingers crossed

by jonhamilton2 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:41 am
This is the same mess that Steinberg had going on with mediabay years ago, back in 2005.Same developers code, same limitations! Presonus please fix this!!

by PreAl on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:10 am
1) Is this only AKAI issue with drag and drop? Please try another plugin with drag and drop functionality and tell us if this works.

2) Create a new normal user account on windows. Login and test this please.

Drag and drop issues are almost always a windows permissions issue.

I have no issue with drag and drop with any of my plugins so I'm pretty sure this isn't studio one...but I am happy to be proved otherwise.

Your cannot diagnose the issue until this has been ruled out

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jonhamilton2 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:39 pm
In the 7 years that this bug has been reported, do you think I've not done that?
Read the actual thread! Besides Akai developers have publicly stated in various forums,that they cannot change whats being sent via drag n drop / from the daw.. It's simple, it's on Presonus! Get it?

Again, the plugin works perfect in studio one on a mac. And no it's not a windows permission issue. It has nothing to do with that.It's a Presonus issue regarding xml transfer on windows cpu's and certain plugins, like the Akai mpc software. Starting to make sense yet?

The same developers who created cubase / nuendo, wrote Presonus Studio one! Apparently some code/script is left out for Microsoft Windows via .xml transfer script, and only Presonus developers can fix this.

The MPC software drag n drop functions work perfectly with other daws, like Ableton and Bitwig on Windows that obviously use another better simple method for drag n drop ,so this is a Presonus issue, and it has been in fact confirmed with them, but they haven't released the fix, so it's classified as an on going bug!!!!!

Fwiw this bug, is the same issue that Steinberg had and has from mediabay into certain plugins on windows. This issue goes away with mac with Studio One.On pc it's still not working, due to the same bug with the.xml transfer !

I actually own both pc and mac, but refuse to move my entire platform to a mac for an issue that can be solved in about 5 minutes, if Presonus would just fix it. The idea, that one of my programs ( Presonus Studio One ) will not work with the same behavior on different OS's is simply unprofessional.

by PreAl on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:32 pm
You ask me to "read the actual thread" as though somehow I haven't bothered to read it

1) Nowhere have you stated that you've tried this under a different user account.
2) Nowhere have you stated you've tried drag and drop with other plugins.

Instead I get a long monologue merely repeating what you've already said. You write that it "works perfectly in other DAWs" as though this somehow diagnoses the issue. It might seem strange to you but this does not. Also it running OK on a Mac doesn't not prove anything either.

"In the 7 years that this bug has been reported, do you think I've not done that?"

I am not a mind reader I just read what you write. You still haven't told me you have "done that".

I suspect you actually can't be bothered to test and rule this out as you are 100% convinced it is a bug and anybody who might suggest otherwise is an idiot in your mindset. That's just a hunch. Regardless I am no longer interested in trying to help you with your attitude, have a nice day.

by niles on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:51 am
@jonhamilton2 There are a couple of things I don't understand.

I know on Windows, Studio One drag and drop from the browser differs from drag and drop from the arrangement. The latter uses vst-xml while the first uses a direct link to the filename (same as dropping from the Windows explorer). Some plugins don't support vst-xml so the user needs to drop from the browser (or OS). For instance Battery does not support vst-xml, while Groove Agent does.

Do you have any other VST's that are able to receive audio from the browser (if not check Sitala)? Do they work?
Can you drop audio to the MPC software VST in Studio One from an explorer folder?

Also you say that drag and drop works as expected in Studio One on Mac, does that mean that the MPC software is able to handle the vst-xml format on Mac or are your talking about dropping from the browser on Mac.

Btw a simple way to test if vst-xml dropping is supported is dragging an audio event that is sliced in Studio One and converted to a Part to the MPC software. If every slice is loaded as an adjustable slice from the same sample it supports vst-xml.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by jonhamilton2 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:23 am
Yes for instance groove agent one works fine, geist 2 works fine within studio one and using it's browser to drag n drop, works perfectly, Kontakt works, maschine 2 works guru etc..

@ Niles yes dragging from the explorer works just fine, it's only within Studio One that the mpc software cannot receive the drag n drop from the S1 browser.

@PreAI, this should be common sense that if I've explained to you the symptom, that I've already tested this. It's been 7 years, I'm not sure if you we're around for the cubase debacle, with this, but it's the same scenario. Yes it's been tested!

by jonhamilton2 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:42 am
Free demo to check for yourself> https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-software-2

by PreAl on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:53 am
Like I say if you don't write it I don't know what you've done. I do not make assumptions, you may have no common sense or any technical knowledge. I have never met you and I cannot read your mind. I've done whole threads before and it turned out all the OP needed to do was reboot. I assumed the OP did this and it turned out I was wrong. Assumptions is where mistakes are made.

If you had "common sense" you would provide accurate and descriptive feedback in order for us to help you rather than be rude and expect us to read your mind.

You still haven't specifically confirmed you have tested from a new user account. You just say "it's been tested" whatever that means.

Anyway peace out.

by niles on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:22 am
jonhamilton2 wrote@ Niles yes dragging from the explorer works just fine, it's only within Studio One that the mpc software cannot receive the drag n drop from the S1 browser.
Okay, FWIW I installed the demo and can confirm that it is not possible to drag from the Studio One browser to the MPC VST2.4 software, nor the MPC standalone version. It indeed works in Bitwig, but not Cubase.

That being said, I'm afraid you'll have to be very persistent to convince the PreSonus developers to fix this. Since the MPC software is one of the few VST's exhibiting this behavior.
Have you shot a video to show the difference in behavior between Mac (working) and PC (not working) to support?

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by PreAl on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:10 am
If the majority of plugins are working for drag and drop and MPC isn't I can't really understand why this is proclaimed a studio one issue or why AKAI can't fix it. Doesn't make sense to me at all... It's probably more a case of "won't fix" or user permissions (well we've already been there).

by jonhamilton2 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:17 am
niles wrote
jonhamilton2 wrote@ Niles yes dragging from the explorer works just fine, it's only within Studio One that the mpc software cannot receive the drag n drop from the S1 browser.
Okay, FWIW I installed the demo and can confirm that it is not possible to drag from the Studio One browser to the MPC VST2.4 software, nor the MPC standalone version. It indeed works in Bitwig, but not Cubase.

That being said, I'm afraid you'll have to be very persistent to convince the PreSonus developers to fix this. Since the MPC software is one of the few VST's exhibiting this behavior.
Have you shot a video to show the difference in behavior between Mac (working) and PC (not working) to support?

Thanks for confirming. I've only posted screenshots, I'll try n figure out a way to do a video,

31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2