48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Please open a Support ticket.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by rodshort on Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 pm
I have been working with Support and, so far, we have still not resolved the issue. I will post here when we do. If others are having the issue as well, please open a support ticket, too. It may be something that needs to be changed in S1?

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by beatpete on Sat May 18, 2019 9:28 am
Any news on this? I still can't burn a cd OR create a DDP file.
by rodshort on Sat May 18, 2019 6:45 pm
According to Support, I need to reinstall my Windows OS. They suspect a registry file has become corrupted. We tried a lot of things and nothing worked. Needless to say, reinstalling Windows is not at the top of my list for fun stuff to do!!! I am working on an album mixing project for a client so, I won't be able to do the reinstall until that is finished and approved. (I did the album in Sonar (Cakewalk), I am trying to switch over to S1 full-time)

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by beatpete on Mon May 20, 2019 10:32 am
rodshort wroteAccording to Support, I need to reinstall my Windows OS. They suspect a registry file has become corrupted. We tried a lot of things and nothing worked. Needless to say, reinstalling Windows is not at the top of my list for fun stuff to do!!! I am working on an album mixing project for a client so, I won't be able to do the reinstall until that is finished and approved. (I did the album in Sonar (Cakewalk), I am trying to switch over to S1 full-time)

Not what I wanted to hear, no way I'm going to re-install Windows. With all of my stuff it's a 2 day affair...
by rodshort on Mon May 20, 2019 12:26 pm
I hear ya! I am going to do it, just to eliminate ALL variables but, believe me, I am not at all thrilled about it! Yeah, a 2 day affair, for sure!!

by lawrencefarr on Tue May 21, 2019 5:30 am
Hello Guys,

This issue appears to be some kind of unknown conflict with Windows and Studio One 3 and QA has been trying to nail it down for some time now for the minority of users experiencing it. Unfortunately, the only thing we've seen so far that has fixed it is re-installing Windows. It never happens with Studio One 4 as far as we know, only Studio One 3, and only on Windows.

In the interim it may be easier for common Audio CD's to render digital releases and burn Audio CD's with Windows Media Player or any other application.

We appreciate your patience and we will continue to seek a more palatable solution.

Studio One Technical Support | QA
------------------------------------------------
Issue Reporting Add-On - Version 4.3.0
------------------------------------------------
Kontakt 6 | MOTU Mach 5 | Spitfire BBCSO Core & Albion One | Cinematic Studio Solo Strings | Vienna Synchron Prime | Cinesamples Musio | NI Session Horns Pro | Toontrack EZ Drummer, EZ Bass,& EZ Keys | Relab LX480 Complete | Soundtoys Little Plate & Echoboy
by jmorrisondgd on Tue May 21, 2019 7:02 pm
It happens for me in version 4 and 3 on windows 8.1. The same machine though with no changes will work with a version of 2 can't remember for sure which one and not at my DAW right now but as I said version 2.5??? Or something does work but same machine version 3 and 4 does NOT work.
by beatpete on Thu May 23, 2019 1:50 pm
I tried installing version 2 but it's the same. Today I tried deleting anything in the registry with "Presonus" and re-installing Studio One, still the same.
by Lokeyfly on Thu May 23, 2019 2:41 pm
beatpete wroteI tried installing version 2 but it's the same. Today I tried deleting anything in the registry with "Presonus" and re-installing Studio One, still the same.

I'd be careful of deleting anything in your registry, and just removing anything labelled "Presonus" from there will likely agrivate issues rather than solve them. More to the point, avoid deleting anything from your registry unless you are very well versed in reading, and knowing all about what's there. The Registry has little to do with named devices as to what is there, and how it handles your systems devices.

So now you've installed S1 v2, deleted Presonus related stuff in your registry. That's a prescription for disaster, and it's going to get tougher to wring out problems going forward. Just because Studio One doesn't see your CD-R, or DVD-R, doesn't mean it's time to revert back, or hack at the registry.
I mean this in a sincere way, so I hope I don't sound too strong about it. Just thinking your digging a deeper hole is all. I know, your other programs may see the recording device but S1 doesn't. Doesn't always mean targeting S1 as the culprit. Even an outside device you could have installed between the time the burner used to work for you, could have bumped an address, or peripheral out of being seen. It does happen. Backtrack what those devices could be. Trackball, gaming or media device, etc.

Can you locate and install a USB DVD burner to try out? They cost about a mere $39 at Bestbuy. It's always worked for me. Also verify the media you are using.

Would be helpful also if you posted your specs in your signature. Thx.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by rodshort on Thu May 23, 2019 11:02 pm
FWIW - I went out and bought an external USB CD drive just for this issue.... it is not recognized by S1 either. Wasted $50.

by Lokeyfly on Fri May 24, 2019 12:33 am
Thanks for reporting that. Surely you can return the CD-R, right?

Yeah, it was one of the first things I mentioned to try in my first response on this thread. Sorry to hear that Rod.

Since support has tried to assist but is finding this trouble more inherent in version 3, you can either follow the advice of burning with some other media player.

You still can use the Projects Page to create the song list, and all of the finalizing up to the point of actually burning a CD. Then just go another program.

Lastly, you might want to try version 4 but that would be your choice. There are some advantages, and 4.5 seems pretty lean. The Studio One Pro in your signature doesn't state which version (though you probably menrioned it earlier somewhere).

Sorry, a few of you guys/girls have not been able to get this to work or it did work but doesn't now.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by rodshort on Fri May 24, 2019 4:20 am
Yes, at the moment I do have S1 ver 3.5. I do intend to update to 4.5 as soon as I can. (A lot of great changes in 4.5 that I really want.) I am also gonna reinstall Windows, which is the main suggestion by Support, as soon as I finish my current client project.

by Lokeyfly on Fri May 24, 2019 4:45 am
rodshort wroteYes, at the moment I do have S1 ver 3.5. I do intend to update to 4.5 as soon as I can. (A lot of great changes in 4.5 that I really want.) I am also gonna reinstall Windows, which is the main suggestion by Support, as soon as I finish my current client project.

Cool. I know how that goes. Particularly for a client. Don't update until you're finished with that.
Just an FYI, I updated from 4.1 to 4.5 last night, and it went very smooth.
Good luck, and I hope the update gets you burning through Projects.
Cheers!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jmorrisondgd on Fri May 24, 2019 5:05 am
As I posted earlier I have a version 2.0.2 installed that cd burn works, but on the same machine cd burn does NOT work on newer versions including 4.5. This is on windows 8.1. I have used S1 since version 1 even though I don't have a high post count, so I have access to earlier versions if anyone having this issue has earlier version maybe could try downloading from user account without overwriting whatever version your currently using just to see if cd burn works in that version. May help narrow down when the issue started and what changed from that release on.
by jmorrisondgd on Fri May 24, 2019 5:15 am
Just to clarify about version 2, it's 2.0.2 that DOES work but other versions in the 2 .xxx release cycle, cd burn does NOT work.
by beatpete on Fri May 24, 2019 4:59 pm
jmorrisondgd wroteJust to clarify about version 2, it's 2.0.2 that DOES work but other versions in the 2 .xxx release cycle, cd burn does NOT work.

Confirmed! I think I'll just use 2.02 to master until there's a fix.
Unfortunately, I can't load version 3.5 projects into 2.02...
by beatpete on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:26 pm
Any news on this? I just upgraded tp windows 1903 and now (again) "CD Burning Service Not Installed". VERY FRUSTRATING!
by Lokeyfly on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:04 am
beatpete wroteAny news on this? I just upgraded tp windows 1903 and now (again) "CD Burning Service Not Installed". VERY FRUSTRATING!

I haven't seen in the repair notes for 4.5 through 4.5 2 any fix towards CD Burning. Pretty sure you (and evidently a few others) have a localized peripheral sharing problem, or similar hardware issue.

Best to (if you haven't already), open a support ticket.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by scottyo7 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm
This has been an ongoing issue with Studio One... even for me, it has NOT worked more often than is has. :roll:

The work around is Export your song(s) to a mp3, wave, etc.. file, then burn to CD...
Or...
from the S1 manual:
"Make a Disc Image"

Publishing your Project might require a disc-image file. For instance, sending your Project to a professional CD duplicator might require digital transmission of the content of your CD, rather than sending a potentially imperfect physical copy. Also, you may wish to use a different application to burn your CDs, in which case you need an image file. There are many file formats for disc images, some better suited to audio CD creation than others. Studio One uses a continuous audio Wave file and a cue file to achieve the most universal support.

To create an image of your Project, click on the [Image] button at the top of the Project page. Options are available for file format, resolution, and sample rate, as well as the ability to toggle Realtime Processing and simultaneously upload the Project to a linked SoundCloud account. In making an image, Studio One creates a cue file and a single, continuous audio file of your entire Project and places them in your Project folder. The cue file contains all of the necessary information to create the separate audio tracks for your CD by referencing the continuous Wave file. Many third-party CD-burning applications can create a CD using the Wave and cue files
together."

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT

48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3