3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm unsure whether this is a Waves or Studio One issue; probably the former, but thought I'd ask here hoping someone has seen this while I wait for Waves tech support to respond:

I have a project originally created on Mac Studio One 3, now using Mac Studio One 4.1.4, which uses the Waves F6 dynamic EQ plugin. Waves Central informed me that an update was available for F6 so installed it (old version and new version were both v.10). Now when I open any songs that use the previous version of the plugin I get the message "This Device is not installed on your system." The browser still contains the old versions of the plugin but can't add them to the song. I can see and add the new versions from the browser however I can't select any of my existing custom presets; I can create new presets but can't find a way to import the old presets. Just copying the Studio One .preset files from the old plugin's presets folder to the new one doesn't do it. Any thoughts, short of using Time Machine to restore everything to yesterday?

Steve Wyrick - Walnut Creek CA
Apple MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.4
Studio One 4.1.4
by stevewyrick on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 pm
I figured it out! I think I got it, I realized the version of F6 I was using was a VST3, and the new one isn't. I then followed the suggestions on this page https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-fi ... studio-one and figured out that the vst3 folder wasn't included in locations:VST plugins. [Wonder why not...] When I added that back in and restarted it restored the missing ones, thankfully!

Steve Wyrick - Walnut Creek CA
Apple MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.4
Studio One 4.1.4
by sirmonkey on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:54 pm
Cool that you figured it out, and also very cool that you came back and posted the solution :thumbup:

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1