190 postsPage 3 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10
I was just doing some edits on a bass track and reinstalled your track color script in 4.51.

I don't suppose you can tweak it to change event colors? Or would that be too tricky?

P.S. This script should be included w/S1 by default. :)

Right clicking is easy enough, but in-your-face palettes rock.

Such a practical invention. Thanks again.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by miked7 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:05 pm
+1 Thanks for making this available! Very cool.

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2
by Lawrence on Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:32 am
Thanks.

Observation: Lots of downloads of the toolbar but not a single *.colorset file posted in this thread by anyone. The thought was that there'd be lots of different ones posted that users could import to have different choices without doing a ton of work.

I guess "sharing" is not the default mindset around here. :P
by roland1 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:33 am
I've been using the default cause it serves my needs.

Lawrence wroteThanks.

Observation: Lots of downloads of the toolbar but not a single *.colorset file posted in this thread by anyone. The thought was that there'd be lots of different ones posted that users could import to have different choices without doing a ton of work.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by BobF on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:54 am
Just saw this. Many thanks to you, Lawrence!

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by BobF on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:59 am
Here are some colors from https://paletton.com/

Interesting (and handy) that the four sets in the attached file overwrite the first four of the default, leaving the last four untouched.

Attachments
scheme_one.txt
(359 Bytes) Downloaded 381 times

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by Dewdman42 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 pm
nice toolbar!

5,1 MacPro 3.46ghzx12 128gb ram, OSX 10.14, S1, LogicPro, Cubase10, DP9, Reaper, VEP7, VSL, too many plugins to list
by Dewdman42 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:46 pm
I don't have one now, but when I create my color set I will share here for sure.

5,1 MacPro 3.46ghzx12 128gb ram, OSX 10.14, S1, LogicPro, Cubase10, DP9, Reaper, VEP7, VSL, too many plugins to list
by Lawrence on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:31 am
roland1 wroteI don't suppose you can tweak it to change event colors? Or would that be too tricky?

I put an E toggle button (events) in the middle in the 1.0.0.7 version posted in the first post. Toggle that on to only color selected media events.

https://prnt.sc/o3y3m6
by roland1 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:46 am
Thanks, Lawrence. I knew you could pull this off and I appreciate that you did. Now your toolbar script has twice as much usefulness because you can go after individual events on a track for coloring.

Life is good. :)
(When people care.)

Lawrence wrote
roland1 wroteI don't suppose you can tweak it to change event colors? Or would that be too tricky?

I put an E toggle button (events) in the middle in the 1.0.0.7 version posted in the first post. Toggle that on to only color selected media events.

https://prnt.sc/o3y3m6

by roland1 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:54 am
I'm just checking it out now. Works as intended.

The only thing I've noticed is that the last (lightest) swatch for each color gradient is the darkest one. Probably a missing ; or something somewhere in the code.

Other than that, it works perfectly. Thanks again.

by Lawrence on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 am
Yikes. :) Thanks, it's fixed in 1.0.0.7a. Download it again.
by peterbirch on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:22 pm
See this is the difference between Lawrence and Presonus. A Mistake is made.
L. Yikes fixed!
P. What mistake prove it!
OK its a feature not a bug.
(time passes) (in very small Print) it's on our to-do list when we get round to it...
Meanwhile why not waste you time while you wait and fill in our useless poll.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by roland1 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:47 pm
Tested the fix. Works perfectly now.

This color toolbar is going to be even more useful now with event specific coloring.

Woohoo.

by sirmonkey on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:54 pm
Lawrence wroteThanks.

How do you make a .colorset file? Is that like a preset for the toolbar?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:56 pm
Lawrence, Can an older colorset work with your update? I made this one the other night. Works on the original color bar you made.
I'll load your update, and try it out.
The colorset is self explanetary, and is dark to medium color swatches. It's really what I use most of the time as darker shades are just a bit less fatiguing.
Anyway, feel free to try them out.
Typically, for example a blue will start out as navy blue, red will start is a sort of blackberry red, etc., and turn at lightest to a medium shade.
Cheers.

Attachments
Dark To Medium.zip
Dark to medium shades of a colorset for long hours, usage.
(347 Bytes) Downloaded 341 times

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lawrence on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:50 am
Thanks Lokefly. I like yours better than my default although I don't use grays and will probably change that group. The first 5 groups in yours are really good. I'm gonna keep those and change the last 3. Thanks man.

@Peter: Respectfully, I don't think that comment was fair, comparing my simple script fix to the much greater complexity of fixing some things in Studio One. Please don't drag me into the middle of a gripe fest with them. Thanks my friend.
by frank.crow on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:58 am
Lokeyfly wroteLawrence, Can an older colorset work with your update? I made this one the other night. Works on the original color bar you made.
The colorset is self explanetary, and is dark to medium color swatches. It's really what I use most of the time as darker shades are just a bit less fatiguing.
Typically, for example a blue will start out as navy blue, red will start is a sort of blackberry red, etc., and turn at lightest to a medium shade.
Cheers.

How do I install this 😁

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by roland1 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:09 am
It's in this thread somewhere...

In Mac, you open the app itself (view contents) and put the color toolbar into the script folder.

In PC, you go to the S1 4.51 app folder, look for "scripts" and dump it in there. (programs)

Start the app. Face Lawrence's home, kneel on a prayer mat, and say "thank you, Dude."

frank.crow wrote
Lokeyfly wroteLawrence, Can an older colorset work with your update? I made this one the other night. Works on the original color bar you made.
Cheers.

How do I install this 😁

by frank.crow on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:05 pm
Thanks for the instructions.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)