190 postsPage 1 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
UPDATE: "Track Colors" no longer works due to a change with the Javascript compiler in Studio One 5.4. "Track Colors" users can upgrade to Color Toolbar 3 that supports Studio One 6 and previous versions of Studio One 4 & 5. Further information can be found at the following link:
https://s1scripts.wixsite.com/colortoolbar

Track Colors v1
Here's a toolbar add-on that allows you to create, store, import and export custom color sets of 40 colors using any RGB colors to color tracks or events.

It's use is self explanatory but if you want to create a series of the same shade like in the sample image turn on 'Hold' and then use Next (or Prev) Color to hold the RGB values while moving to the next or previous item before making it lighter (or darker).

To install this, put it in the application \scripts folder and restart Studio One.

------------------------------
Update 1.0.0.7a: Fixed wrong colors on color selected events.
trackcolors.package
------------------------------

Attachments
hexcolors.txt
Sample file for the Import Hex Colors function
(491 Bytes) Downloaded 2412 times
trackcolors.png
by Jemusic on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 pm
Thanks Lawrence. I installed this into my iMac and Windows machine and it all works great. I see the track colours icon appears in the tool bar at the top.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by garyshepherd on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 pm
Very neat - thanks

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by jonhamilton2 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:11 pm
This is awesome! :punk:

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by sirmonkey on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:43 pm
I've been wishing for something like this for a long time! You are awesome, Lawrence!

So, I downloaded it, but how do you install it? I haven't been able to figure out
how to get Studio One to "see" it. I know that's it's probably easy, but a quick
pointer will be appreciated.

So even though I haven't figured out how to install this just yet, thank-you Lawrence! :punk:

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by jonhamilton2 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:43 am
Put the file in your studio one folder on your hard drive inside of scripts. For example on windows it's C drive - Program Files - Presonus Studio One 4 - Scripts

Haven't tried on my mac yet.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by Jemusic on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:42 am
On the Mac go to your main apps folder and right click on the Studio One 4 icon. Then click on Show Package contents. A contents folder will appear. Open this and you will see the Scripts folder there. Put this script inside there. This is the only place it works. Nowhere else.

Reboot Studio One and it will show up in the toolbar.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 am
Thanks Lawrence. I will load this layer. Way to go, script man. (Need a logo for you, me thinks).

What I find just a little bizzarro is all through Studio One version 3 with the many requests for more variety of color, version 4 gives absolutely no enhancement towards that, yet a faithful user writes a script giving hundreds of color choices (albeit towards track color only).

Not a complaint, but it could be deemed a head scratcher. I never asked for color enhancement, but certainly agreed it's benefit when those asked for it. We like the idea of having a few more shades of the same color to signify some same or related instrument or element, as apposed to being stuck with 3 or 4 of the same blaze' minimalist choices.

Does some wonder brain over at Presonus know an enhancement such as this should be "built into" Studio One?

If not, I'll be looking forward to your next version 5 color script my friend.

Nice job!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by garyshepherd on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:53 am
I love the way you can customise the colours and put them in a logical order. Great work thanks.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Lawrence on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 am
Thanks guys. I updated it to reduce the distance between the colors from 3px to 1px which looks a little better. Download it again if you want.

The current design is partially based on my limitations. If I knew how trap a right click there would be no need to have those little edit buttons over every color square, it would just be right clicking a color to open the editor on that color. Those little buttons may look cool but they shouldn't be there. If I figure it out at some point I'll remove those. :(

@Lokefly: Let's stay positive. The PSL developers are great people and have much more important things to do in the near term than worry about things like colors.
by muziksculp on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 am
Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the track color script. It is very useful to have this feature. Makes visualizing tracks much cleaner, nicer, and a song with lots of tracks, much cooler to look at.

I was hoping to see something like this to be added to S1 Pro 4 by Presonus via an update, but so far Presonus hasn't delivered this.

Hopefully they are looking at adding something of this nature in the near future.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:59 am
Lawrence wrote: @Lokefly: Let's stay positive. The PSL developers are great people and have much more important things to do in the near term than worry about things like colors.

I'm sure they are. :thumbup:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:31 pm
Lokeyfly wrote
Lawrence wrote: @Lokefly: Let's stay positive. The PSL developers are great people and have much more important things to do in the near term than worry about things like colors.

I'm sure they are. :thumbup:

Yeah. Squeezing it in somewhere between Mädchen and Bier. :)

Thanks Lawrence. You always seem to be picking up the slack with your creative coding.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by scottyo7 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:22 pm
Nice, I too am looking forward to getting more color options inside of Studio One. ;)
But I'm not sure if I'll see it's benefits as I do most of my audio work at night with f.lux enabled, making screen colors fairly bland. :roll:

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Quietly on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:32 pm
:+1 Lawrence many thanks for that, most appreciated. More options the merrier in my book.

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by Nip on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 pm
Nice contribution again, thanks Lawrence. :)

For a sec there I thought it was possible with gradient colors on a track, but later discovered that was on many tracks - one color each track.

It would be really neat giving a body to clips/events by doing gradients in future - it looks really smooth on daws that have that. Hope Presonus look into that.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:12 pm
Thanks Lawrence!

From the Studio One users and the Mädchen and Bier staff.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:02 pm
:) I'll take the ones in blue.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by sirmonkey on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm
jonhamilton2 wrotePut the file in your studio one folder on your hard drive inside of scripts. For example on windows it's C drive - Program Files - Presonus Studio One 4 - Scripts

Haven't tried on my mac yet.

Thanks! Sure enough, that was easy. :thumbup: Works perfectly over here on a Windows 8 computer.

Did I mention that Lawrence is da'....Image ?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by frank.crow on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:02 pm
This is great

Thanks

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)