12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

wondering if there is a setting to make it so if you have a track selected on the timeline, the selected one in the mixer is WAY brighter. Right now it slightly brightens but if you have lots of tracks with different colours I never actually know which one it is unless I click the track above and then click it again while looking at the mix window. Hoping there is a way to brighten this or make it very clear which track is selected in the mix window.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 pm
Just play around with the contrast and color settings to kick that out a bit more. There's no defined setting for what you're looking for, but that contrast can be obtained. Even a little increase in saturation may help.

It's the same with PT. You have to play around with it. ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Nip on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:47 pm
I miss this too - clearly seing what is selected in arrange view.

What some daws do - having a kind of caption, thicker border, at top of track that is colored - all the way through the track - would be helpful.
It will stand out in a way - rather than just emphasizing a highlite as now in the color selected.
My eyes are wondering about what track is selected.

As of now - the more colors you use - the harder to see a highlite on one track.
Some kind of caption and emphasized border etc is needed. so the caption could just be a triple width line or similar on top of track all the way through.

Not sure what to search for in feature requests - but if there is one - please link to it.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Bbd on Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 am
Maybe a work around for you:
Open the Track List to see the currently selected track/channel.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Mirek Mach on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:52 am
It is, unfortunatelly, ehm... only workaround.

What is color coding of tracks and/or channels for? IMHO, it serves a single purpose: easier and faster orientation. Badly implemented color coding or any workaround kills that purpose.

[HP G4 Z2 workstation] - Win 10 Pro, i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, 2x 500GB SSD + 2TB "classic", NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5GB, 2x 1920*1200px Eizo monitors;
Studio One Pro from v.1.6 (now 4.6.2), Melodyne Editor 4.2.4;
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB, FaderPort 2018.
by robertgray3 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:24 pm
I felt the same way as you initially but I've found that really dialing in the "Luminance" settings overtime for your workspace and eyes can make this much easier and helps the flatter GUI of Studio One shine. I like it a lot more than Cubase or Pro Tools approaches. Ableton Dark and REAPER's defaults are sort of close seconds color-wise.

This is the most recent iteration of my v4 appearance setting. I found that less luminance in the arrangement and slightly more in the background, plus saturation control, helped everything pop better while keeping the selected track visible.

This is an earlier version of it. You can see how Studio One's GUI definitely has a tendency towards the muted. They've gradually added options to make it less so. Your mileage may vary.

As it is I quite like the current system. Maybe something like "Track Highlighting" would be a good slider to have in the Appearance window. Something that gradually adds some kind of border or adjusts the scale of "extra visibility" for the selected track.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by peterbirch on Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:24 pm
I agree with the OP there is a bit of a visual problem.
PT does the same does not make it right.
What if the selected track, where the track name is, is made white with black text. That would stand out.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by rodshort on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:01 pm
Coming from Sonar, and having "old man eyesight", I find Studio One's GUI, colors, and overall "soft" appearance rather difficult for me. I hope in some future update they will sharpen things up.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Jemusic on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:09 pm
I agree under certain conditions it may be hard to see a selected track but also under other conditions selected tracks can be very visible too.

The amount of ambient light in your control room for one and ensure no direct light onto any computer screens. Minimum light should be more indirect.

I use a dual vertical monitor arrangement and like it a lot. The lower screen is a lovely monitor and when you spend some time actually setting it up to look real nice e.g. higher contrast and brighter colours etc. It is amazing how much better a monitor can look with some TLC. So for me selected tracks look pretty obvious. e.g. in the shot below I have selected a group of tracks. The bright green ones on the right.

I also feel that the top screen i.e. the arrangement view for me is still more obvious again with regard to selected tracks. I work with both screens at once and find I know where I am all the time. Faderport helps big time with this too.

Attachments
Vertical Monitors Track Selection.jpg

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by dominicjalsevac on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:34 pm
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll play with all the suggestions and hopefully that helps a bit. I guess maybe this is also a feature request then because its defintely been one of the more frustrating parts for me. Always getting lost.
by rodshort on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:24 pm
Jemusic - You waveform displays appear to be black. Mine are grayish for some reason, which makes them more difficult to see clearly. Any idea how I can make mine black? I also really miss being able to fully adjust the background color of each track.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by marcinskoczylas on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:51 am
Is there a known fix for this bug in the year 2022? Currently selecting tracks is totally not readable in the mixer.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1