15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here's a free full General MIDI drumkit for Impact XT. It includes 8 velocity layers for the main kit and one shots for the percussion parts. 25 total mixer outputs covering all the GM sounds (I think)..

Download

It's 158mb and contains an Instrument +FX preset for the kit. Of course with Impact XT having so many pads you can add whatever else you want to your own Instrument +FX preset like Timpani, Orchestral percussion, whatever else.

Sample - Dry, no EQ or Effects:
phpBB [audio]
by patricemazmanian on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:48 am
Thanks for sharing
:D

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by jggiano on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:25 am
Thanks Lawrence!

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by Lokeyfly on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:27 pm
Thanks Lawrence! I'll check it out later. I like that it contains 8 layers. Some GM drums I've come across are actually pretty nice suxh as some from NI, like in Battery 3, and I'm always adding to and modifying them anyway. Particularly with bongos & congas.
Thx again!

Oh yeah, how did you come by these. Did you create them from existing S1 samples, and layer, or some other means?

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by 60s Pop Man on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:04 pm
This sounds really good!

Thanks so much.

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by Lawrence on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 am
Lokeyfly wroteOh yeah, how did you come by these. Did you create them from existing S1 samples, and layer, or some other means?

Mixed from various free drum kits, soundsets, and some things I had in my one shot library..

For the main drums I just ran 8 midi notes and drew a velocity slant and split it at the grid. From there just bounce to new track, rename events with #, drag to export. It's pretty easy to sample things like that in S1. I just wanted one decent usable multi-out GM kit that had all of the GM sounds in it.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 pm
Ok. Wasn't sure. TY. I do the same. Creating sounds is easy with Presence. I usually do the same with Battery 3 and Battery 4. Also with BFD2, and Strike, but they have a very different layout. I play with sticks, using a Roland Octapad, so it's real nice to enjoy many layers, not for only realism, but for creativity. The beat is where the heart is. Call it a primal thing! :)

I'm slowly using Presence XT a little more and liking it. Just haven't found that magic moment with it yet. I think it's largely due to the lack of layers bundled, but I do see some packages out for it at the store. I'll have to dive into that some more.

Been busy, so ill load up your file tonight. The audio sample sounds very nice. Nice mid Toms!

Thanks L!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by themaartian on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:02 pm
¡Muchas gracias!

I renamed the file to Lawrence GM Drums, so I don't forget where it came from.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by Morticia on Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:01 am
Thanks Lawrence, this is a nice sound-set.

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by Lawrence on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:20 am
You're welcome as always Morticia.

Larger kits like this make me wish that Impact had 32 mono outs, to be able to stem everything to mono directly without routing the stereo outs to mono busses.
by Lokeyfly on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:27 am
Loaded the General MIDI kit and worked quite well off of a BFD combined drum kit I had imported from another track. I muted that track, and the MIDI note events to your GM Kit. It was pleasantly close enough triggering the same instruments, as GM goes. Note, it wasn't a full blown GM Kit like i would explore using Battery 3 or 4, but the expected drums played fine. Mostly to some similar level.

I liked the mixer setup you prepared with Pro EQ, and Compressor fx on all channels. Depending on how much I use or modify this kit, I'll keep to that, or run some of my favorite channels strips. Anyway, nice layout.

I think I may find more and more uses for Impact XT. Like any good software instrument, the available tweeks can be had, easily enough.

Good stuff.

What I have to do in the near future is have a sit down with how to set up layers with ImpactXT so that they sound (turn on or off) via velocity level where I want them to so that they switch or share levels with other layers on the same pad. This is so easy and visible with Battery, and leaves me head scratching with Impact. I must be missing something.

Creating layers is super easy with Impact XT. Drag & drop, really. Levels, and viewing those comparisons at a glance? Not happening.

Not looking a gift hoarse in the mouth, but trying to somehow run with the baton of how Impact was meant to work.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by marcindobrowolski on Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 pm
Hi, I would like to check this drumkit, but I can't see any link...
by denniswinge1 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 am
Thank you Lawrence!
by eaglepass on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:21 am
That’s great!! Thank you Lawrence.

Studio One 6 Pro | Notion 6 | latest versions
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 7700K | GeForce GT 1030
RME HDSP 9632 | FaderPort 16 | ATOM | Monitor Station V2 | Komplete Kontrol S61 MK II | etc.
by loumercuri on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:45 pm
Any chance you can upload again? The link appears to be dead now.

15 posts
Page 1 of 1