9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just set up a Soundcloud account (free version). I have no trouble uploading a WAV file there. But, was hoping to get Studio One connected to the account so I can "publish" works-in-progress to share with bandmates. I believe the Soundcloud client is authenticated with Soundcloud (I see my soundcloud username there; I went through the whole authorization process, bouncing between S1 and browser). But, the "Upload" button seems to remain greyed out, regardless of how much information I provide for the track.
I'm using Studio One 4 Artist on OS X (Mojave). I have deleted all Soundcloud entries from my OS X keychain a couple of times, with no success. Any help much appreciated.

Macbook Pro, 2 GHz Core i7; 8GB; OS X 10.14.2 Mojave
S1 Artist v4.1.1; PreSonus AudioBox iTwo
Akai MPK249. Six guitars: classical x2, electric x2, steel-string acoustic, bass.
AKG P220; KRK Rokit 8's
by scottyo7 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:56 am
From a simple youtube search.
Yep it's 8 years old but afaik, the process hasn't changed.

More info in the manual starting on page 34.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Bbd on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:37 am

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by lanewimberley on Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 pm
I've done all the things. The client seems to be authenticated--my Soundcloud username is visible at the top of the client window, and the button next to it says, "De-authorize". I've tried de-authorizing and re-authorizing, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

The symptom is that, even after I've selected a track to upload and filled out the form fields, the "Upload" button is simply not clickable. I can click on it, but it does absolutely nothing.

Perhaps this integration only works with S1 Pro? Or, maybe only with a paid-up Soundcloud account? Really not sure.

Not a huge deal, since I can always upload to Soundcloud manually (select the file while visiting Soundcloud in a browser). But, just thought being able to utilize an integration would be more slick.

Akai MPK249. Six guitars: classical x2, electric x2, steel-string acoustic, bass.
AKG P220; KRK Rokit 8's
by scottyo7 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:52 pm
OK, I'm at work now but can compare my setup when I get in my studio at home in about 2 hours. ;)

It should work although, I haven't used it cuz I also also manually upload to my (free) SoundCloud page. I like more control over the process (or at least that's what I think :roll: ).

In the meantime...
1. Did you search the forums for this issue occurring in the past?
2. Please create a signature* with your PC, SW and HW specs and versions, so we might better help you... now and in the future.
See mine or another users at the bottom of their posts for an example.
You can create one in your User Profile.

Didn't get to it... I see no issues getting to it tonite (Tuesday) when I get home... late. :shock:

-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
by scottyo7 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:11 am
Yep, it's broken for me too. ;)
I select "SoundCloud Client" (SC) in S1, select a song, enter data in fields and click "Upload".
Nothing happens which makes sense because S1 is not "connected" to SC

So I click on the "Connect with SC" button and it takes me to Firefox then it takes 4 - 5 CAPTCHAs before "I'm Verified", then a popup states Firefox (and Google) can't understand that address.

Then I went into my SC acct and "Revoked" access as Bbd suggested per that link.

So I try again and get the exact same results. :roll:

BUT... get this I "revoked" access right? When I log back into my SC acct, it now shows that S1 indeed has access... even though I can't seem to login. :cry:

Something fishy is going on here. This 'problem' is probably so far down the list of S1 issues to fix that I doubt it ever will be.

So let's be content in at least being able to manually 'upload' songs to our SC acct. :lol:

Scott

-Just My Songs
by lanewimberley on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 am
Hey Scott, thanks for taking the time to look into this. I feel better that it's not just me being stupid.

Possibly related: a friend of mine reported yesterday that he was unable to register a new S1 license. He said that he thought their license server was down or on the fritz. Maybe there's some systemic problem, although I would expect PreSonus to be on top of that pretty quick.

AKG P220; KRK Rokit 8's
by Bbd on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:43 am
Hey guys.
Soundcloud is working for me.
I am using S1 Pro with Windows 10.
I de-authorized and then authorized by signing in using my Google account.
The Soundcloud icon turned orange from white.
Then I added a song and uploaded.
Just be sure that the Soundcloud account is the correct one so that you can log into it before you try to upload.

There could be issues with it but I'm good on my side.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by scottyo7 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:25 am
Thnx Bbd,
I just tried again and still can't login.

My steps are:
1. Go up to 'File Menu' and I select 'Studio One'/'SoundCloud Client'.
2. On the "SoundCloud Client" popup window, I click on the left top box "Connect with SoundCloud"
3. Then in the 'login window' I am also entering my gmail* acct and password.

This *gmail is the one used when I login to SoundCloud... outside of Studio One.

So...
Watching this recent tute from Johnny Geib, at 9:30 he does uploads directly from the Mixdown window.

Watching this old Obedia tute, Brian shows this "Authorization" window popping up at 2:05.
I do not get this "Authorization" window and also guess that the original poster (Lane) doesn't get it either?

As stated earlier, I've not uploaded to SoundCloud via S1 for a few years but it did work way back when.

Maybe something's changed or I've not updated some setting?
Are we supposed to be making a special kind of login/email just for use within Studio One somewhere else... am I missing it?

A Hotmail acct is linked to my PreSonus acct... not gmail... is that an issue?

Here S1's SC window just hangs up after NOT being able to connect...

This seems to show I'm already connected to SC via S1.

Then when I click on "Connect..." it all falls apart. :roll:

Scott

-Just My Songs

9 posts
Page 1 of 1