9 posts
Page 1 of 1
So, recently Studio One stopped sending MIDI data to my external gear.

Setup

I have:
- the original Faderport
- a Behringer XTouch mini
- a Behringer Model D
- an Arturia Minibrute

All connected through USB, and none of them are receiving any data.

Studio One 4.1.3 running on Windows 10 (64 bits)

Symptoms

Studio One does receive data properly. I also have a USB keyboard controller (M-audio Keystation 61), and Studio One receives the data properly. It also receives data from the Faderport and the XTouch Mini (the other devices don't send Midi, they just receive it)

All the devices are configured properly and marked as active. When I look at the MIDI monitor in Studio One, it tells me that the data is sent. However none of the devices is actually treceiving it.

So, for example, if I move the fader on the Faderport, the fader for the selected track in Studio One moves. But if I move the fader in Studio One, it doesn't move on the Faderport.

Same for the XTouch Mini, it can send to Studio One, but is not receiving anything.

Or if I send MIDI notes to the Minibrute or the Model D, the MIDI monitor shows the note on/note off events, but nothing is received by either device.

Some debugging I've tried

In order to debug the issue I've done the following:

- I've unplugged each device and plugged in one by one - with no success

- I've tried to click the "reconnect" button in Studio One. When I do so I've noticed that each device receives a single event (the fader moves one time on the Faderport, for example).

- To make sure it is not an issue with my USB ports I've run Cubase 8, and everything works fine there - the devices do receive MIDI data.

So, I'm pretty stucked there. I know it's not a hardware issue, since everything works fine in Cubase, but everything else works like a charm in Studio One so I have no idea what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hubert.
by Jemusic on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 pm
Have you changed anything in Studio One. Try deleting one of the external instruments completely in the midi external instruments page and reinstalling that same external instrument again. e.g. a fresh one. See what happens. This needed to be done between one of the updates recently. Also for some reason my mod wheel stopped working even though it was being received etc. After doing the delete external instrument and re-install all was well again.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by h_razack on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:00 am
Thanks a lot for the reply, that's much appreciated.

Well, it sorts of solved itself, but I don't really know why...

I tried installing an old MIDI interface (Editorl UM2), just to see if anything would be received. After I successfully did so (there were a few files to change for these old drivers), and restarted Studio One, suddenly everything started working again.

So, I'm not sure what happened there. I installed a new driver, and it fixed everything - go figure! :)
by BobF on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 am
I added an X Touch Mini yesterday ... handy for amp sims.

What indication do you have that the mini is receiving MIDI from SO?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by h_razack on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:39 pm
I added an X Touch Mini yesterday ... handy for amp sims.
What indication do you have that the mini is receiving MIDI from SO?

Yes, I have found the X-Touch mini to be very useful to manually control a variety of plugins.
This plus the Faderport make a nice combo.

You can tell that it is receiving MIDI data when the lights on the knobs sync to whatever plugin you have opened (and configured beforehand).

So, I have assigned a bunch a CC data to each knob. Say I want to control the compressor plugin: I just use SO's MIDI learn (by turning a button on the compressor and then turning a knob on the X-Touch, and assigning one to the other).

From then on these two will always be in sync. If I turn the knob in SO, the lights on the X-Touch will reflect the change (hence showing it's receiving MIDI).
by CadErik on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:21 pm
h_razack wrote
From then on these two will always be in sync. If I turn the knob in SO, the lights on the X-Touch will reflect the change (hence showing it's receiving MIDI).

How did you get the lights on the X-Touch to align with studio one? I did set "transmit data" but on the X-touch mini, the data need to be between 1 and 13 in standard mode (13 being all LEDs on a knob)

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport 1, Console 1, MOTU UltraLitemk3 (firewire), Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Ryzen 7 2700, 32GB RAM, Asrock mb
by h_razack on Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 am
I didn't do anything special. If I remember correctly I just configured the XTouch mini to send and received specific MIDI CC for each button and knob.

Then when I turn a knob it sends that CC value to Studio One. When then I assign the controller to an automation with Studio One, they both exchange the CC value, and the XTouch mini lights up correctly.
by nothing.left on Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:25 am
h_razack wroteI didn't do anything special. If I remember correctly I just configured the XTouch mini to send and received specific MIDI CC for each button and knob.

Then when I turn a knob it sends that CC value to Studio One. When then I assign the controller to an automation with Studio One, they both exchange the CC value, and the XTouch mini lights up correctly.

Hi,

I've just bought X-Touch mini here. I have the same problem as you. I can receive MIDI from XTM but it's not sync with S1 when assigned knobs touched in S1. It does not send MIDI to XTM.

I've tried some of the above suggestion but nothing improved.

What can I do now?

Thanks so much!
by nothing.left on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Nevermind, Presonus support has helped me with it.

Using X-Touch Mini in Midi mode (not MC), added to S1 as Control Surface. Then...

"right click on any mapped control in Learn Mode to see the menu for Send and Receive and all that.", and "select Transmit Value from the contextual menu for each control. This option sends parameter updates for a given hardware control out of the Keyboard device's MIDI Out port when the software parameter to which the control is linked changes"

Hope this help!

9 posts
Page 1 of 1