10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Lounge Lizard Session 4 which came bundled in with Sonar X3 where it works fine.
When I open it up in Studio One, I can get no sound out of it - it's completely silent.
AFAIK this is the only VSTi I have any problem with like this.
Any ideas what is causing this?

Studio One Pro 5.5.2.86528, Mac Mini M1, 16Gb RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
by darrenporter1 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:26 pm
One of the VSTi's that came bundled with Sonar only works in Sonar, but when Gibson dropped it they offered a free license so you could use it in another DAW... it may have been the AAS stuff?

I took advantage of the offer whomever it was, and all my AAS stuff works now in S1 so it may have been them?

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by bartbalint on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:11 pm
The ‘free’ license was with Overloud’s Breverb. The license did make it possible to use Breverb in other DAW’s. Unfortunately when BandLab took over Cakewalk, one of the recent updates to Cakewalk also updated the Breverb that came with Cakewalk Sonar, making that ‘free’ license once again unusable in other DAW’s.

So Overloud gave a nice gift, but ended up taking the gift back. If you never updated Cakewalk by BandLab, but had got the free license, then Breverb may still work in SO4. But if you updated CbB, then Breverb goes to demo mode in SO4. Overloud told me they have no intention of unlocking Breverb now unless you upgraded to the full version.

All my AAS products made the transition to SO4 without issue. Occ I have seen where the audio output stops, but the meters look good. Changing the preset brought the audio back. It is very irregular, so I don’t have a direct cause or fix. I will keep watching.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by JohnBW on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:22 pm
You had to sign up at AAS in 2017 to receive the complimentary upgrade to the AAS Session bundle for Sonar users in order to use it outside of Sonar. I received my free registration from AAS in Dec 2017.

The original AAS Sonar bundle plugins will remain silent when they are inserted in any other host.

AAS made a limited time offer to existing Sonar users shortly after "The Great Gibson Shutdown" was announced.

If you have a paid version of the AAS Session bundle it should be working.

Overloud was the other company that offered free unlock codes for their bundled Sonar plugins Breverb, TH-3, and REmatrix.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by darrenporter1 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:21 pm
yeah i thought AAS was one of those that you had to ask then for a generic license. I didn't bother with Overloud. TH3 is pretty awful IMO and Breverb doesn't bring anyrhing to the table that other convolution reverbs don't already offer.

In my experience so far AAS are pretty good folks. I bet if you ask they would still honor their offer for the Session licenses.

by PreAl on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:55 pm
darrenporter1 wroteyeah i thought AAS was one of those that you had to ask then for a generic license. I didn't bother with Overloud. TH3 is pretty awful IMO and Breverb doesn't bring anyrhing to the table that other convolution reverbs don't already offer.

In my experience so far AAS are pretty good folks. I bet if you ask they would still honor their offer for the Session licenses.

Breverb not a convolution reverb. Use it a lot, but it's nothing special.
I really like TH3, so I bought it (also own guitar rig) but each to their own.

Oh and consider purchasing Addictive Keys instead of LL.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by darrenporter1 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:07 pm
lol ok shows you how much I liked it... my bad.

I like the AAS stuff. But then again, I'm not a keyboard player by trade. I find it to be highly serviceable especially since it was free.

by Mac Money on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Hey guys just saw this post
I'm using LL v4.2.4 in the latest version of StudioOne.
Now the LL i'm using is not the Cakewalk version, i bought it 3-4 years ago from AAS.

George Ware
StudioOne v6.6.2 Pro 64bit
Waves SoundGrid Studio 2
Waves DigiGrid IOS
Waves DigiGrid IOX
Waves SoundGrid Server One
PreSonus CS18ai & BCR2000 Control Surface
Intel 6 Core i7 3.2Ghz.
Windows 10 Professional 64bit. v20H2
Arturia KeyLab-88 Essential
URS, Waves v14 (Everything), EMI, Sonnox Oxford (Everything), Antares Unlimited, Plugin Alliance (Everything), Nomad Factory, TL Labs, Massey, Komplete Ultimate 13 CE, Arturia VC9 (Everything), Korg Collection, UVI Falcon v3.1, Melodyne Studio 5.2, VocAlign, Eventide (Everything), Softube and IKM Total Studio Max.
As of 20 Jun 23
by JohnBW on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 pm
Mac Money wroteHey guys just saw this post
Now the LL i'm using is not the Cakewalk version, i bought it 3-4 years ago from AAS.

The paid versions should work in Studio One, or anywhere. It was the Cakewalk AAS Session bundle that was locked to Sonar.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by Mac Money on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:03 pm
JohnBW wrote
Mac Money wroteHey guys just saw this post

The paid versions should work in Studio One, or anywhere. It was the Cakewalk AAS Session bundle that was locked to Sonar.

Got-cha!

George Ware
StudioOne v6.6.2 Pro 64bit
Waves SoundGrid Studio 2
Waves DigiGrid IOS
Waves DigiGrid IOX
Waves SoundGrid Server One
PreSonus CS18ai & BCR2000 Control Surface
Intel 6 Core i7 3.2Ghz.
Windows 10 Professional 64bit. v20H2
Arturia KeyLab-88 Essential
URS, Waves v14 (Everything), EMI, Sonnox Oxford (Everything), Antares Unlimited, Plugin Alliance (Everything), Nomad Factory, TL Labs, Massey, Komplete Ultimate 13 CE, Arturia VC9 (Everything), Korg Collection, UVI Falcon v3.1, Melodyne Studio 5.2, VocAlign, Eventide (Everything), Softube and IKM Total Studio Max.
As of 20 Jun 23

10 posts
Page 1 of 1