3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I ways record with 24-bit. When I create a new template and confirm that it is set to 24 bit then save it then open up a new song and select the template, the bit rate always defaults to 16-bit.

Is there a default setting elsewhare that overrides the setting as it was when saving the template? How can I force it to DEFAULT to 24-bit? This is happening with V4 but it also happened with previous versions.

2015 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB RAM
Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by BobF on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 am
I'm not familiar with Mac audio, but perhaps the interface is set to 16 bit at the OS level.

Have you opened a ticket with support on this?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by Jemusic on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:06 am
I just checked this and it all works for me. Here are the steps that I took though.

1 Bootup Studio One to the start page first. Do not open any songs.

2 Click on Create a New Song

3 Select User in the left section. Make sure no templates are selected on the left there. If one is selected then click on the blank area below the user templates.

4 Before you name the song, it should show the date and your name. Now give it a name e.g. Start Template

5 Make sure all the settings below are what you want. e.g. sample rate, bit depth, tempo could be 120 and the length. It defaults to 5 minutes. You may want Bars or Seconds here. Also you may want the Stretch Files to song tempo checked as well.

6 Click on OK. A blank song will come up. Now add tracks etc to get you started.

7 Save AS a Template and name the template here as well.

8 The templates folder will be created with your new template inside.

Close the session. Now try creating a new song again using your new template. You will have to name it at this point though because it will be your name and the date again. (you don't have to though because you can also name the song when you save it) It should all come up fine now with all your fave settings etc..

What Bob says could also be true as well. When setting the sample rate for the first time ensure your Fireface is at the correct sample rate. I am using a Focusrite Clarett over thunderbolt and it seems to obey whatever is set in Studio One.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

3 posts
Page 1 of 1