28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I just discovered something else that reduces the noise. In my system's power settings, I dropped down to Power Saver. That helps a lot, although the noise is intermittent now instead of constant. Not sure if that's better or not.

Studio One 6, Presonus Studio 1810 USB, Windows 11 64 bit.
by Jemusic on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:21 pm
From my experiences it is best to not have any form of power saving going on with DAW operations. They do things like drop off power to certain USB ports, put monitors and hard drives to sleep etc if you don't use them for a time, slow down CPU's to save power and heat etc.. All power saving options are off with my main studio computer. Not worth the trouble.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Neiby on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:26 pm
I also just discovered something huge. I use the Slate Digital plugins and noticed that the PACE License service was using around 10% or more of my CPU. It turns out that this is happening because there are modules that are installed by default that I didn't have a license for and was not using, but the plugin is constantly checking for a license. I deleted those from the Slate Digital modules folder and that made an enormous difference.

I found the instructions here:

https://slatedigital.zendesk.com/hc/en- ... MR-Modules

by Neiby on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:30 pm
For reference, the project I'm doing right now had my CPU idling at 40-50%. With that Slate Digital problem fixed, it's idling at 20%. That is an enormous change.

by stevenhartwell on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:12 am
Was curious if you ever found a solution or cause to this problem??

Chief Engineer for over 20 years @
http://www.featherlightstudio.com
Studiolive Series III 32SC / NSB 32.16
Studio One / Cubase / Pro Tools
M1 Max MacStudio / Intel i7Macbook Pro
by PreAl on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:21 pm
stevenhartwell wroteWas curious if you ever found a solution or cause to this problem??

Did you not read the thread?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by carelvdwesteringh on Sat May 14, 2022 9:03 am
hi guys,

I've read this thread because I am having te same issue.

Just switched to a new iMac.
(iMac Pro 2017, 3,2ghz 8core Intel W, 32GB RAM, w/ MacOS Monterey. fresh install) with StudioOne 5 Pro and to a StudioLive 32SX mixer.

Situation;

32SX is running.

The high pitched noise starts when I start StudioOne 5 Pro. Not even opened a file.

CPU load is minimal. Few %.

The high noise briefly stops when I switch between Device Block Size settings. Stops for 2 seconds and starts again.

The noise disappears when I switch off the 32SX.
(I have a direct audio out my iMac to the monitor station, so if only SO5Pro would be the problem, noise would/should continue in my opinion.)

So;
-When I only have SO5Pro active; no noise.
-When I only have 32SX active; no noise.
-When I only have SO5Pro active AND turn the 32SX on; high pitch noise starts.

Bit weird that they bite each other somewhere.
Anyone got a clue?
by Tacman7 on Mon May 16, 2022 6:55 am
I have problems with OS updates that are hard to troubleshoot but when I have a problem and it's right after an update I get suspicious.

Contact support I hear they are working on something similar.

Click support ticket below in my signature.

Good to put your specs in your signature below also...

Thanks

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2