21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hey there Studio One Gurus...I am trying to use a RODE USB Mic with my Studio One. My Computer recognized it, but I can't seem to get it to show up in the DAW. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? :rtfm:

Thanks!

Rod

Lightspeed
https://www.facebook.com/LightspeedCanada/
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:21 am
Did you install the drivers? A pc will recognize a USB device when its plugged in, but the drivers are needed to tell it what to do.

One the drivers are installed, you should see it as an audio device in Studio One.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by cristofe on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 am
The Rode USB, like many such mics, is SUPPOSED to be plug and play class compliant on both pc's and iOS devices although, I beleive the "USB Camera Kit" adapter is needed on that end. There are no drivers available.

http://www.rode.com/microphones/nt-usb

It doesn't seem to be as much of a problem in iOS but I haven't any real answers on the pc end except ASIO4ALL which, to me, is a deal breaker. These USB mics are not really aimed at DAW users they are made primarily for podcasters and simple stereo voice recording apps. The best solution would, IMHO, ditch the USB mic and get a real audio interface and mic.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Roddi on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:45 pm
Thanks guys...I guess I should have done my homework before I bought the Mic. I have a Vocal Mic, but I thought it would be better to go direct into the computer (USB). More fool me...
by Tacman7 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 am
Don't be too hard on yourself, part of the process.

It's hard to figure out what you need and what you want.

I bought a lot of microphones looking for one that I could stand the sound of my own voice.

Only way to find out is to own it and use it for weeks or months.

I would then sell it on ebay after buying another one. Did the same process with mic preamps.

It's all good, part of your pro audio education.

Education is expensive, and you don't learn anything from success.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Roddi on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:15 am
I know of others using USB Mics (Blue Yeti for example) who are able to use them with their DAW. Why is this one different?
by SwitchBack on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:28 am
They may be using Mac computers. On a Mac you can combine several input and output devices into one ‘aggregate device’. Then Studio One gets to work with this single interface containing all inputs and outputs, and other apps on the computer can continue using the inputs and outputs they were using before.

Not sure if PCs can do this too, when fitted with the appropriate app. Asio4all may be able to do it to some degree. Time for the PC users to chime in... :)
by Tacman7 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:33 am
I think you can use your interface to monitor with ASIO4all.

Haven't tried it though.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by Roddi on Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:05 am
Never heard of ASIO4all before. How safe is it to use?
by Tacman7 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm
Never heard of an ASIO driver hurting anything.

Just a matter of if it works for you, lot of people swear by it.

So using a third party driver instead of the driver that came with your interface doesn't seem to be a problem for a lot of people.

Depends on your hardware.

Is your audio interface your computer sound card?

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... r-windows/

Forum Moderator.

by Roddi on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:48 pm
I use an M-Audio Fast Track
by cristofe on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:17 am
Not sure if PCs can do this too, when fitted with the appropriate app. Asio4all may be able to do it to some degree. Time for the PC users to chime in... :)

Nope. You can NOT use a USB interface and a USB mic at the same time.

On a Mac you can combine several input and output devices into one ‘aggregate device’

There is no way to setup an ‘aggregate device’ on a pc.

The M-Audio fast track is a decent interface with good drivers. Now you just need a
good regular mic. If you like the sound of your Rode on your voice you might start
with a Rode NT-1:

http://www.rode.com/microphones/nt1

There are less expensive options out there but if your serious about recording....a good mic
is essential and not the place to skimp. The NT-1 is rugged, and very versatile. It sounds good
on vocals and many instruments as well.

As to ASIO4ALL......first off it's not a true ASIO driver. Yes, it's been known to cause problems and.....Secondly, it is not supported nor recommended for use by Presonus. That is the official company stance. If you choose to use it, it's at your own risk.

And yes, if you've heard of someone making a USB mic work with their DAW
they are probably on a MAC and not a pc.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Roddi on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:12 pm
I do indeed have a couple of good non-usb mics and will be using them instead. I used the RODE during a Skype Session last night and it worked great. So, I think I'll keep it for that. Thanks for all who offered assistance here!
by tombuur on Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:33 pm
I just bought a Røde NT-USB Mini to use for recording ideas on my laptop when away from my home studio. However, it doesn't work with Studio One whether on my laptop or my studio computer. In both instances the Røde Mini works fine with Reaper selecting Windows Audio.

I have now solved the problem: It works fine if I install asio4all and use that instead of Windows Audio.

Before arriving at this solution, I contacted Presonus support, and they actually recommend using asio4all and have no other suggestions than that. So it seems Presonus are backing asio4all anyway.
by PreAl on Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:21 am
ASIO4ALL is well known to cause conflicts with other ASIO drivers (important to note it's a WDM wrapper and not a real ASIO driver) and is best avoided unless you need it for a specific use case that cannot be resolved by any other method.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Jemusic on Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:43 am
Studio One works perfectly with a class compliant USB Mic. I just connected a Blue Yeti to Studio One on a Mac and Windows. No extra drivers are required.

Mac
Open the Apple sound preferences and it shows up there. Simply select the USB Mic as the input source.

Go to Studio One Preferences and go to the Audio tab. Check what is set for the Input device there. The list will be the internal mic, your interface and the USB Mic.

Select the USB Mic there. On a Mac you can have something different for the Input and Output device.

Create an Audio track, as the USB Mic has been selected as the input source, the USB MIc signal seems to come through your normal track input 1/2 so recording and playback is fine. No input monitoring is needed during recording if headphones are connected to the Mic. The Mic provides direct monitoring to the headphones. Playback is via what you select as the playback device.

Windows

On Windows after connecting the Mic go to your Windows sound settings and select the USB Mic as the input source. The output or playback source may also change over to the USB Mic.

Connect your headphones to the USB mic for monitoring and playback.

In Studio One go to the Audio Tab, Under Audio device select Windows Audio as the rec/play options.

Create a mono audio track. The USB Mic will show as one of the input options.

Under Win 7 I could not adjust the gain but the Yeti has a gain control on the rear of the mic so it can be set there. I assume under Win 10 the gain of the USB mic can be set in the sound settings. Studio One cannot control gain directly.

The Yeti also provides direct monitoring from Mic to headphones so no monitoring through Studio One is needed while recording. The Windows audio will have poor latency so you will hear a doubling effect.

After you have finished recording with the USB mic you could reset your input/output devices back to your interface.

The USB mic records all fine onto an audio rack and plays back through the headphones connected to the the USB Mic.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by tombuur on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:10 am
Jemusic wrote
On Windows after connecting the Mic go to your Windows sound settings and select the USB Mic as the input source. The output or playback source may also change over to the USB Mic.

Connect your headphones to the USB mic for monitoring and playback.

In Studio One go to the Audio Tab, Under Audio device select Windows Audio as the rec/play options.

Create a mono audio track. The USB Mic will show as one of the input options.

Did all that, and i didn't work in Studio One. S1 said it could not open the Røde mic. As I said no problems in Reaper and no problems with asio4all.
by Jemusic on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:42 pm
Interesting. Are you connecting the Mic direct to a USB port and not a hub. Are you connecting to a USB 2 port?

Must be something with the Rode USB Mic that Studio One does not like. Try contacting Rode about it as well. They are super helpful.

I connected the Blue Yeti to my wife's Win 10 laptop and it all worked a treat as well.

What version of Windows are you on. Rode say it is Win 10 only.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by tombuur on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:05 pm
Jemusic wroteInteresting. Are you connecting the Mic direct to a USB port and not a hub. Are you connecting to a USB 2 port.

What version of Windows are you on. Rode say it is Win 10 only.

Yes to all questions on both computers I tried it on with fully updated Win10.

When I look in the Studio One connections for audio in and out the Røde is there in italics.

I spent a couple of hours trying all sort of things, including cleaning the registry, a large number of restarts, changing settings in the Windows sound pages etc. I also turned off Windows Defender which has sometimes caused me problems with new installs.

... And as I said it, there were no problems in Reaper. In fact Reaper has three Windows audio options and all of them worked with the Røde.
by tylercannon3 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:55 pm
Not sure if this was ever resolved, but I had the same mic and problem and found the solution here: https://answers.presonus.com/11212/how- ... one-artist

21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2