47 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
slylarock wroteGuys, pardon my ignorance, but I about this new update feature:

● FX Sends are now visible by default on the console

I'm really not sure I understand this. If this is referring to the Fx Sends portion of a channel, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I still have to resize the console to see the sends.

This was super annoying and one of the only things I didn't like about changing to it. You had to hover the mouse just right to get the sends to show and it was a real pet peeve. Still with older projects you have to do it the old way. :cry:

Bye......:roll:
by nesbetthaynie on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:03 pm
Very Good,but still no integration with NI hardware.And I know this is not a major update but come on presonus really.Then on top of that every since the atom came out
there has been an issue with midi functionality in Maschine vst . That really sucks.But I still love you presonus.Rock on!!!!! :punk: :punk: :evil: :evil:
by santeripilli on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 am
PreAl wrote
multifederal wroteDid this update fix the hornets nest that was the myriad of bugs with the last update, or is it more akin to a hot-fix for the most damning ones?

I really wish Presonus would stop all future work for now and just give us a 99% bug-free DAW :readit:

Have you tested it and read the release notes? (Of all applicable versions).
Specifics please. Vague statements are not helpful.

The plugin scanner still needs sorting. Getting fed up having to reset the delete paths and resetting the blacklist so plugins can show up.

Vague statements are tough to write when things are utterly out of whack.

Glad I'm bending my audio in a completely other software for now. Would I have stayed in the Presonus-train I'd be a trainwreck. Oh, and probably bankrupt as a professional mixing engineer.

Yours truly,

Your favorite, the omniscient.

Apple MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2011):
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR RAM, 500 GB HD (7200 RPM),
OSX version 10.12.4. (Sierra),

Interface: TC Electronic Konnekt 6 FireWire

Presonus Studio One 3, newest version, always (except when too buggy to work with daily).
by patricemazmanian on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:25 am
the dark side of the force
episode-vi

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by PreAl on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:46 am
santeripilli wroteVague statements are tough to write when things are utterly out of whack.

Good luck you clearly have the DAW and help you deserved. Good for you.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 pm
I think somebody made an account just to gripe.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by mikemanthei on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:43 pm
I keep having to adjust my sends and cue mix headers with this version. If I show inputs or outputs it keeps resetting these to the lowest possible position. Is that happening for anybody else?

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by jpettit on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:12 pm
mikemanthei wroteI keep having to adjust my sends and cue mix headers with this version. If I show inputs or outputs it keeps resetting these to the lowest possible position. Is that happening for anybody else?

It shows up if you create a new song after 4.1.3

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Exactly. If it's an older project than the previous state is saved. New projects get the nice update. Drove me nuts!

Bye......:roll:
by mikemanthei on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:04 am
jpettit wrote
mikemanthei wroteI keep having to adjust my sends and cue mix headers with this version. If I show inputs or outputs it keeps resetting these to the lowest possible position. Is that happening for anybody else?

It shows up if you create a new song after 4.1.3

jpetit, I understand what you're trying to tell me...but that's not what I'm talking about.

If I use the "outputs" button (to the left of the console), the "Sends" header drops to some lower height even though I want it MUCH further up the screen. It's quite repeatable for me.. I'm not saying that it drops to where it's invisible... it's just too low to be usable.

If I put the "sends" header where I want it, and then click "outputs" Studio one readjusts the "Sends" header to where *IT* wants it instead of where *I* want it. Every time. Is that more understandable?
Last edited by mikemanthei on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by mikemanthei on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:06 am
I'm also having trouble with changing the Dropout Protection settings. In version 3, I could change these on the fly and I would near no more than a very brief dropout in playback and it would just keep going.

I tested it again in version 3.6 and it still works great. But version 4.1.3 causes Studio One to become unresponsive. If I was in "play" mode at the point of changing the Dropout Protection setting, it continues to play, but I can't control it anymore.
Anybody else seeing this?

==========================================================================
===== Update ==================
==========================================================================
I figured out what was going on....
I'm using 2 monitors. Lanes on left, console on right. The menu was opening on the right screen, and when I would make a selection from the "Dropout Protection" dropdown list, the menu would appear to crash... but actually it was only moving behind the console. The menu is modal, so Studio One would be mostly unresponsive until that menu was closed.
I was unable to close/minimize/move the console window to see what was behind it.

So it's just a minor bug report.
If the "Options" window opens up over the "Lanes" display, everything is fine, but if the "Options" window opens up over the console, it will be hidden before you can click on either "Apply" or "OK".
(Bad Menu Code, no biscuit!)

Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by niles on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:48 am
mikemanthei wroteIf I use the "outputs" button (to the left of the console), the "Sends" header drops to some lower height even though I want it MUCH further up the screen. It's quite repeatable for me.. I'm not saying that it drops to where it's invisible... it's just too low to be usable.
There seems to be a bug causing the send height to be reset to their initial state (when the mixer was first openen) when opening the outputs pane. I've reported it to PreSonus.
Temporary workaround is to open and close the mixer after you adjusted the send heights.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by jorise on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Hi!

In 4.1.3 sometimes I can't remove an Event FX, not in the Inspector nor in the Performance Monitor.
Works after a restart of S1.

And if Mix FX is on but "Console Shaper" disabled, after transforming a viritual instrument to audiotrack, the Mix FX enable "Console Shaper" BUT not showing it as enabled. Have to enable it "visually" and disabled it again and that turns it off.

Bugs? Someone else?
I tried to report this to Presonus via support ticket.

/Jonas
by Neiby on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm
I've seen a few people who posted about the issue where an active input was routed to the main outs even if the input monitor was disabled. I had the same problem. As with them, restarting S1 seems to have fixed it at the time. I wonder if anyone has reported this to support.

Studio One 6, Presonus Studio 1810 USB, Windows 11 64 bit.
by jpettit on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 pm
Could you be more specific?

What are the symptoms?

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Neiby on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:47 pm
jpettit wroteCould you be more specific?

What are the symptoms?

It's this thread, but I saw a thread on a different board, as well:

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30187

For me, I just hooked a mic up to my interface and set it to record, but disabled input monitor because I didn't need to hear it. I kept hearing it, though. I did everything I could think of, including checking routing in my interface, etc. Nothing solved it, so I closed S1. When I started it again later, it was working normally. Since several people have noticed this since 4.1.3 came out, I have a feeling it may be a new bug.

by jpettit on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 pm
Neiby wrote
jpettit wroteCould you be more specific?

What are the symptoms?

It's this thread, but I saw a thread on a different board, as well:

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30187

For me, I just
1) hooked a mic up to my interface and
1a) set it to record, (Enable Record)?
2) disabled input monitor because I didn't need to hear it.
3) I kept hearing it, though.
4) I closed S1.
5) When I started it again later, it was working normally.
I have a feeling it may be a new bug.

This thread is a general Studio One 4.1.3 discussion thread.
1a)) is that assumption correct?
5) What do you think normal is?

Sorry ran out of time, but that is normal with Record engaged.
Ran a quick test on 3.5 and it is the same.

Here are a few quick references
download/file.php?id=4548&mode=view
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=25650

by Neiby on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:06 am
I know this is a general 4.1.3 thread, which I was I posted in here, because I thought this was a problem that appeared in 4.1.3. Several people experienced it after the upgrade, and in every case, it was fixed by restarted S1. It just seemed odd. In another person's case in the thread I linked you to, they were using a guitar sim plugin and could hear the plugin as well as the direct guitar because the direct was being routed to mains separately from the plugin output. That is not normal.

by jpettit on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:16 am
Neiby wrote2) in every case, it was fixed by restarted S1.
1) In another person's case in the thread I linked you to, they were using a guitar sim plugin and could hear the plugin as well as the direct guitar.

Neiby wroteThis was happening with a Studio 1810 that I got today.

Is this your problem statement?
"With my new 1810 interface, I hear my dry single and the wet signal at the same time. I can turn off S1 and it stops."
There are many variables there.
- The interface ( operations)
- The interaction with the interface and S1.
- LLM monitoring vs non-LLM monitoring
- The plugins latency
- Tape Style monitoring
- S1 Operation
- The potential new issue introduced with 4.1.3

The more exact you can list your steps the better we can help you.

by Neiby on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 am
jpettit wrote
Neiby wrote2) in every case, it was fixed by restarted S1.
1) In another person's case in the thread I linked you to, they were using a guitar sim plugin and could hear the plugin as well as the direct guitar.

Neiby wroteThis was happening with a Studio 1810 that I got today.

Is this your problem statement?
"With my new 1810 interface, I hear my dry single and the wet signal at the same time. I can turn off S1 and it stops."
There are many variables there.
- The interface ( operations)
- The interaction with the interface and S1.
- LLM monitoring vs non-LLM monitoring
- The plugins latency
- Tape Style monitoring
- S1 Operation
- The potential new issue introduced with 4.1.3

The more exact you can list your steps the better we can help you.

In my case, it was just a mic connected to mic input #1 on the 1810. Track armed in S1, but then input monitor disabled. I should not hear audio at that point, but I did. The input was being routed to the mains regardless of the status of the input monitor status. I had no plugins and was not using LLM. I read through the manual of the 1810 to look for a cause, and I double-checked that there was no weird routing issue. I could not find the cause of the problem. I closed S1 and restarted it, and the problem went away.

This is very similar to the other threads I read, where an input was being routed directly to mains as well as to the input track, and in those cases, restarting S1 seemed to "solve" it, as well. This may not be a problem with 4.1.3, but I didn't see any reports of it and I did not experience it myself until 4.1.3. It was an assumption on my part, but probably not a good one.

47 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3