7 posts
Page 1 of 1
It's been a habit that, with every new Studio One Pro release, I need to reinstall the drivers for my Nektar LX49 USB keyboard. Up to now, doing so has renewed all the functionality of the controller (piano keys work, transport controls work, pots and faders work).

Now, with 4.1.2 installed, only the piano keys and the Mod and pitch wheels work. It looks like the faders, transport controls (start, stop, record, etc.), and pots are not being recognized by Studio One any longer, despite my installing/reinstalling the Nektar drivers and rebooting my PC.

I assume this is a driver issue. Anyone else confirm that 4.1.2 has rendered this (or other?) keyboards less functional than before?

Possibly helpful technical information:

Under Users/(myname)/AppData/Roaming/PreSonus/Studio One 4 there is a SurfaceData[1] directory with three Nektar Impact LX49 .surfacedata files.

There is no SurfaceData directory (without the [1]), as my Studio One 3 directory has.

I have a Behringer X-Touch One controller, and its transport controls are working fine; it also has a .surfacedata file in the same SurfaceData[1] directory.

In my PreSonus/Studio One 4/User Devices directory, there sits a Impact LX49.device file.
Last edited by Mucusman on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 10 Home (64 bit), 24 GB RAM, Dell XPS 8920 (i7), Studio One 3 Professional, PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL, Nektar Impact LX 49, Behringer X-Touch One
by niles on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:51 am

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Mucusman on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 am
Nektar support solved the problem for me. Somewhere along the way they changed the way they installed drivers, and I was none the wiser.

For others having similar issues, click on the link below for the instructions from Nektar.

http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=26

Windows 10 Home (64 bit), 24 GB RAM, Dell XPS 8920 (i7), Studio One 3 Professional, PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL, Nektar Impact LX 49, Behringer X-Touch One
by niles on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:31 pm
Mucusman wroteNektar support solved the problem for me. Somewhere along the way they changed the way they installed drivers, and I was none the wiser.

For others having similar issues, click on the link below for the instructions from Nektar.

Nektar support is giving you wrong advice to install in the Studio One application directory.
You should install the content of the zip in your Studio One user folder, and never in the application folder, else you'll have to perform the installation of the device after each Studio One update.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Mucusman on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:02 am
niles wrote
Mucusman wroteNektar support solved the problem for me. Somewhere along the way they changed the way they installed drivers, and I was none the wiser.

Nektar support is giving you wrong advice to install in the Studio One application directory.
You should install the content of the zip in your Studio One user folder, and never in the application folder, else you'll have to perform the installation of the device after each Studio One update.

Thank you for this clarification. I'll make your recommended change.

by brettgoodkin on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:34 pm
niles wrote

This is what the instructions they provide say:

Copy the 'Nektar' folder from the .zip file above and paste it into the following directory:

So, unless they edited since you posted, you’ve read it wrong, my friend.

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by niles on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:24 am
brettgoodkin wrote
niles wrote

This is what the instructions they provide say:

Copy the 'Nektar' folder from the .zip file above and paste it into the following directory:

So, unless they edited since you posted, you’ve read it wrong, my friend.
No I did not read it wrong. Please look at the image again. The file path the people at Nektar suggest to use (crossed out in the image) is prohibited.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1