3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all. I am trying to buy a midi controller keyboard for use with Studio 1 (4) and finding info online to be a little out-of-date or sparse.

I have been suggested Arturia Keylab MK2, or Novation Comple Kontrol units. Do you have one? Any opinions? Also have seen a few suggestions of an Akai model along the way...

Has anyone found a controller keyboard that fully supports Studio 1, because all I read about are problems people have getting them to work. Or, they get "some" of the controllers powers to work but not all.

I can't see spending a ton of money on a fancy controller and then not be able to use half it's features /nobs/sliders because I can't get them to work in Studio 1.

I have to admit I find Studio 1's device interface settings to be a little confusing.

Advice? Tips?
by garryknight on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:49 pm
The Nektar Impact LX49 just works for me. No MPE or AT, and they’re not piano keys, but the controls auto-map both globally and locally.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by leosutherland on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 am
FWIW, I have two MIDI controllers:

M-Audio Keystation 49 - USB, with decent piano keys, but not much else - good for just playing
Korg Taktile 25 - plenty of other mappable faders and buttons and pads and a touchscreen sort of oogimiflop - there are 49 and 61 key versions

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.6
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4 etc ad nauseam

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, Maschine 3

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers

3 posts
Page 1 of 1