3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all. I am trying to buy a midi controller keyboard for use with Studio 1 (4) and finding info online to be a little out-of-date or sparse.

I have been suggested Arturia Keylab MK2, or Novation Comple Kontrol units. Do you have one? Any opinions? Also have seen a few suggestions of an Akai model along the way...

Has anyone found a controller keyboard that fully supports Studio 1, because all I read about are problems people have getting them to work. Or, they get "some" of the controllers powers to work but not all.

I can't see spending a ton of money on a fancy controller and then not be able to use half it's features /nobs/sliders because I can't get them to work in Studio 1.

I have to admit I find Studio 1's device interface settings to be a little confusing.

Advice? Tips?
by garryknight on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:49 pm
The Nektar Impact LX49 just works for me. No MPE or AT, and they’re not piano keys, but the controls auto-map both globally and locally.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Bitwig 8-Track. FL Studio Mobile 3, Stagelight
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by leosutherland on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 am
FWIW, I have two MIDI controllers:

M-Audio Keystation 49 - USB, with decent piano keys, but not much else - good for just playing
Korg Taktile 25 - plenty of other mappable faders and buttons and pads and a touchscreen sort of oogimiflop - there are 49 and 61 key versions

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.1.3
Serum, E-Hu Diva, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Soundiron Microchoir, Fathom, Xpand!2, Korg Legacy Collection, AIEP3
Windows 10 64-bit

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC (Main DAW)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR4-2666, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (Gen 2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018

MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro (Standby DAW)
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + Samsung 1TB 860 SATA III SSD

3 posts
Page 1 of 1