8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hope that this is an appropriate place to ask this as I’m new to this forum. I’m using Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5 in S4 Pro and would like to make use of Modmate, a free midi controller plugin, in order to take full advantage of some of Plugin Guru’s Omnisphere patch libraries. Modmate intercepts incoming midi data and allows remapping of modwheel, breath and other selectable controllers to affect specific programming in some Plugin Guru patches. I can’t get this to work whatever I do. Either it’s me or S4 doesn’t support Modmate. Any help appreciated.
by snb1 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:15 am
paulroberts4 wroteHope that this is an appropriate place to ask this as I’m new to this forum. I’m using Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5 in S4 Pro and would like to make use of Modmate, a free midi controller plugin, in order to take full advantage of some of Plugin Guru’s Omnisphere patch libraries. Modmate intercepts incoming midi data and allows remapping of modwheel, breath and other selectable controllers to affect specific programming in some Plugin Guru patches. I can’t get this to work whatever I do. Either it’s me or S4 doesn’t support Modmate. Any help appreciated.

Check out the gif. Once you add Modmate to a track, it should be available in the drop down menu as shown in the gif. Never used that plugin before but that should help.

Attachments
Jan-18-2019 07-10-04.gif

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by paulroberts4 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 am
I’ll give it another try. I can get Modmate to respond to PitchBend but as soon as an VSTi is inserted on the track there’s no output. Modmate is a midi effect and needs to intercept the controller keyboard input before passing on the midi info. Maybe if it could appear as a Note Effect like Chorder it might work but these are part of S4 Pro .dll I think and can’t be added to?
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 am
paulroberts4 wrote Modmate, a free midi controller plugin.

Sounds interesting.

I haven't found much about this, is it just for developers?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by paulroberts4 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:52 am
It’s a free plugin that is linked from Plugin Guru’s website and his Airwave videos for Omnisphere. You can get it from http://getdunne.net/download/modmate.
I can’t get it to work in S4 Pro. Think it needs a DAW that supports user midi effect plugins. If you can get it to work I’d be glad to hear how.
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Complicated instructions.

I'll try it later today,

Thanks

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by paulroberts4 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:12 pm
Go to Plugin Guru’s web site. Watch one of the “Airwaves” videos. I think both mention it but one in particular has a better explanation. It really is best used with controller touch strips as he shows. He talks & demos it in them. It was developed with the Omnisphere patch libraries that he sells in mind.
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:13 pm
OK, I thought it was some type of midi controller for general usage.

Any of the things it controls could be done with any midi slider or knob hardware unit, looks like to me, with control link.

Or just automation.

Forum Moderator.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1