12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone... excuse me if this is a known issue. And excuse me being on V3.5.2 still. Haven't had the window or need to upgrade yet.

There is a recurring sync issue I'm having that involves tracks where I have used a tool like Audio Bend or Melodyne Editor ARA to correct sync, typically vocals. Once done adjusting, I bounce them to remove the bend or melodyne edits and therefore, print the material. But every now and then, I'll open a song and find a portion of my printed material out of sync. It has been so subtle at times that I have questioned why I haven't heard it before... but the more it happens, the more I'm certain it is just losing it's printed sync somehow. It's like the bounced material reverts to it's original state some or all of the way.

I make tiny adjustments at times, so it's not like it's usually super obvious when it pops out of sync most of the time. I have also wondered if it's specific plugins that might be losing their minds, but then I find it only in certain sections of material, not across the entire track.

Anyone else have this experience?

12 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 12.7.1 | 64GB Ram | Studio One 6 Pro | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by niles on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:37 am
Do you often use the Bend Tool tool and specifically the Move bend marker (ALT+drag bend marker)?

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Sturphy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 am
Quite sure I've done that before, yes.

12 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 12.7.1 | 64GB Ram | Studio One 6 Pro | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by niles on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 pm
There's an ancient bug (at least from version 2) that causes the audio material around bend markers to shift when moving. Maybe that's your issue.

The image below is an extreme example, with smaller bends and movements it's less obvious when not keeping an eye on the material surrounding the moved bend markers. (more...)

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Sturphy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 pm
Thanks for the help Niles, I'm familiar with that one. I don't think that's the issue because it's areas that previously were fine, and are now suddenly out of sync. There are currently no active bend markers in any tracks.

I just went back and listened to my last output and proved to myself that I wasn't crazy. The vocal line is in sync in my output, but out in my song, and it's an internal sync issue to a large bounced vocal region. So within other material that is in sync with no issue.

I even went back to look at my other layers and the bounced waveform matches the raw takes. So it's as if the bounce happened, but the waveform reverted to it's old self anyway. Weird and frustrating.

I'm not ruling out operator error somehow here... but dang... would be hard for me to change the waveform in the bounced region without bend markers or something like that. No Melodyne on them either.

by PreAl on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:12 pm
Sturphy wroteHey everyone... excuse me if this is a known issue. And excuse me being on V3.5.2 still. Haven't had the window or need to upgrade yet.

The last 3.x version is 3.5.6 - I would strongly recommend.

Just back up your projects and your PC first.

And don't forget to update melodyne.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Sturphy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:16 pm
Ah, my bad... I am on 3.5.6. And just updated Melodyne with their latest release...

which...

makes me wonder...

:|

by Steve Carter on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:45 am
You're not alone...

I have experienced similar syncing issues when opening older songs for a revisit (I'm on 3.5.6 too, no incentive {or funds} to upgrade presently, awaiting 4.5 with interest).

I'll open a song (this has occurred on at least 5/6 occasions - different songs) where everything was hunky-dory (or should that be peachy-dory, the more orange tinted version!) when last saved, only to find that a track/s, or portions/events thereof, are playing out of sync - as the OP intimated; as though they have reverted to a previous state.

Sometimes a cut and drag/stretch operation will suffice to correct the offending part but in other instances I've had to revert to earlier versions of the song to copy and paste entire tracks then reprocess to correct the timing coruption - frustrating.

Unfortunately this happens too infrequently to establish any pattern/cause or proffer any solution but I thought I'd post to reinforce the validity of the anomaly.

Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by PreAl on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:01 am
There were some bugs with earlier versions of melodyne and studio one. Can't remember what they were you could consult Celemonys documentation.

Also check the changelog/readme documentation for 4.x studio one versions to see if there is anything there.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by j0001s on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 am
by Sturphy on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:44 pm
Thanks all for the input

by roland1 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:34 pm
Do the newer versions of Melodyne work in the older versions of S1 ie. v3.5.6?

Just wondering if they updated the old pre-ARA system for those staying behind. It might be an obvious statement, but it could be related to this transition in the internal engines/code management.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

12 posts
Page 1 of 1