92 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
right lol :thumbup:

seriously though... i ain't clearing my cache and i know they DO use cookies... if they didn't use cookies you would have to log in every time. it is the cookie that holds your personal login info. what i find really strange is... when all this started i could just click the 'human' button and would go right in. now when i click that bloody 'human' button i have to log into the forum every time but i STAY logged into my presonus account up top right... so it seems this is only the forum that is screwing the pooch. :( maybe it is dumping cookies for some reason?

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by SwitchBack on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:51 am
I noticed the same. I think it has to do with the time it now takes to load account details like purchases etc. which is crazy long. But it looks like it needs to do that first before completing the forum logon. And if it doesn’t get the details fast enough then the ‘human’ thing times out and defaults to the account logon page.

Little experiment: open the board index page but wait half a minute before hitting the ‘human’ button. Works for me so I guess the account details get loaded in the background to be ready by the time I hit the button.
by jBranam on Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:56 am
will wait a bit next time and see if it will go on through to the forum... you may be right. cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by leosutherland on Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:49 am
Lokeyfly wroteSame here Jay. 3 times exactly. We seem to be in the same herd of cattle..

I'm not in a herd of cattle, I'm in an "Embarrasment of Pandas", apparently :lol:

But yes, it does seem to be device-related - so each time you switch devices, your cookie values are different from those of the previous device you used. Can be made to happen 100% every time on a particular device if you clear browsing stuff in between sessions, which of course would render your cookies different by reason of absence. ;)

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by IanM5 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:11 am
Likewise, 3 times.

That's weird. It's like something at the server end is timing out or expiring.

It's definitely not the forum software itself. The same stuff is used in zillions of places so it has to be the configuration of it or the integration (or otherwise!) with the main Presonus site.

I'm not sure anyone cares enough to fix it though.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Steve Carter on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:39 pm
Yeah - just happened again...

Maybe it's deliberate, as was previously intimated, to make using this forum so frustrating that we switch to social media sites hosting alternative forums, which are potentially more lucrative for the company!

Well I'm not for switching to other forums but if this problem isn't corrected soon I'll possibly switch off completely.

Regards.....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Lokeyfly on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:47 pm
Steve Carter wroteYeah - just happened again...

Maybe it's deliberate, as was previously intimated, to make using this forum so frustrating that we switch to social media sites hosting alternative forums, which are potentially more lucrative for the company!

Well I'm not for switching to other forums but if this problem isn't corrected soon I'll possibly switch off completely.

Regards.....

Hell no, we won't go! Hell no we won't go. . Hell no we......
"Attica.......Attica.......Attica....."
(Now you got my Irish up) :)

-joking-

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:37 am
Happened again. That's 4, Jay. I'm in the lead.

Happened using the same browser, all on my cell phone, so it's not a matter of switching with the link on another computer, though that can happen as well. Just letting others know, it's not just that.

When I log back in (verifying my humanness), I go to some blank link that must be purgatory. Then another link sends me to the main forum menu, then I'll select the Studio One Community Support Forum. So that's 3 selections right there after the login. Then i select this post, so that's 4 selections after after the login to get back where I was!

I'm starting to think I'm not human after all. :|

Where's the humanity in this?

It's going to be one sorry world when humans who already often lack common sense, get to control others how and where they go.

Want proof? How many times have you gone into a nearly empty bank, movie theater, or place where at sometime during the day, people get corralled in through ropes. Fine. Ropes serve a purpose when it's busy, yet when not busy, the schmuck behind the counter will watch each customer go through the labyrinth when they could easily get off their keester to move one rope at the counters end to allow others easy entry? Nope! That would mean actually some tiny thought that makes sense.

Enter this conundrum. (Follow the ropes, please).

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Jemusic on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:25 am
There may be something wrong with the forum software. The forum is getting harder and harder and taking much longer to log into for some reason.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I used to be able to stay partly logged in (eg My Account) and be logged out of the forum and by just clicking on the Human tab get in instantly. That is not happening right now. I have to log in with my username and password now every time and then try many times on the Human tab to even get in.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by BobF on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:23 am
I wonder if this has something to do with ad blockers, tracking blockers and other privacy tools employed by forum users.

Seems random enough

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:19 am
Time it was updated before it gets hacked or something.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by RoMe on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:33 pm
Why is this whole procedure even in place?

I can understand when there is a check in the registration procedure to block spam bots but why in the regular forum software?

Usually you can't post in a forum without being logged in and you can only be logged in when you are a registered user. For this you've already made it past the "I clicked a button so I am" barrier at some point in the past.

If you only want to read forum posts without being registered or logged in then there is no reason at all to prove physical existence.
by bartbalint on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 pm
RoMe wrote
If you only want to read forum posts without being registered or logged in then there is no reason at all to prove physical existence.

I do usually only read, but I really only want to read the new posts. My experience is that you have to be logged in to see the threads with new highlighted in blue. So I occasionally have to log in as a human every so often.

I can flip back and forth from my phone to my laptop, and not have to re-log in each time. Now get on my iPad, then I do have to re-log in going back to my laptop. :roll:

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by hello people on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:04 pm
This forum really...really hates it if you happen to access it from a home computer and say...a work computer. You'll be up to your eyeballs in a 5 click step process verifying your humanity twice a day. It seems that as soon as it sees you're accessing from another computer all bets are off and its suspicion of you hits the red and stays there until you click the hell out of a series of buttons, sign here, initial here, here and here, acknowledge there and provide dna samples here.

If I had a dollar for every time I've been on this site and wanted to post something...and had my humanity rudely questioned, I'd have the paid Studio One Fat Channel plugs several times over.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by nikolaospitloglou on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:52 pm
Personally I’ve stopped visiting very often this forum, cause of this.
Extremely annoying!

Studio One 6 - AMD Ryzen 3950, 32gb ram, Windows 10, UAD 2 octo(x2) - RME HDSPe RayDat, Fireface 802
by hello people on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:58 pm
8 clicks + waiting for pages to load in between it just took me to add a simple reply to your message.

That'll teach me for having the bald face gall to think I can access a website from...............ANOTHER COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

The HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by IanM5 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:57 pm
So who is in charge of the forum?
How can we get this fixed?
Is that a ticket into Presonus?

phpBB, the forum software, does not suffer from this in other forums so I'm pretty sure the solution is to separate the forum from the rest of the Presonus login stuff. Separate database, separate logins and passwords.

I also get some weirdness on the rest of the Presonus site where I can be logged in to my account but not to the Q&A section. If I try to make an entry there it says I have to login but then takes me to a login page where I am already logged in then I can go back to Q&A as logged in. If this stuff was your first impression of Presonus you probably would not buy the software!

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by hello people on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:12 am
I must have typed a hundred replies in these forums over the years only to abandon them after being asked to prove I come in human form.

by jBranam on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:34 am
Lokeyfly wroteHappened again. That's 4, Jay. I'm in the lead.

:thumbup: tag you're it lol

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by SwitchBack on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:54 am
Would be good if one of the Admins would step in to say: “We’re on it” or something along those lines :|

Time for a few naughty words? ;)

92 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5