92 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
What can the moderators do against a company's policy? It is obvious that access to the Forums and "Answers" is consciously made more difficult. Who wants to wait one minute for logg-in? If PreSonus would be interested in helping their clients, they would have presented a solution already...
by SwitchBack on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 am
There’s a difference between moderators and administrators. Moderators look at content where administrators look at the functional side of things. This ‘human’ issue very much falls within the second category, me thinks.
by jggiano on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:27 am
hmmm... I seem to stay Logged IN--even when I'm not trying to....

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by nikolaospitloglou on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:52 pm
054F6616-670E-46AD-9EA7-2736EC9B7D57.jpeg

Studio One 6 - AMD Ryzen 3950, 32gb ram, Windows 10, UAD 2 octo(x2) - RME HDSPe RayDat, Fireface 802
by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 am
Spock being half human would likely need another option to select for those half human types. This would include the Six Million Dollar Man (Lee Majors), Bionic woman (played by the beautiful Lindsey Wagner), Iron Man, and pretty much a slew of other fictitious characters playing the role of the partial human type.

Pretty impressive that a half human option was deemed not necessary in this forum.

We may sometimes complain (for good reason), but it's comforting knowing we don't have too many buttons to push in the struggle to weed out humans from other, well....... partial humans.

Want unbound fun and rewards in your life? Own a dog, and forget all the mundane worries life can sometimes bring. Oh yeah, stay away from the boob tube as well. It's gone from bad to worse.
Most dogs are easily more "human" than many so called humans I've met.
Cheers.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jBranam on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:36 am
+1 +1 on the boob tube and most certainly dogs... ain't met a dog i didn't like. can't say that for humans :(

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 am
Yeah brother, just a little levity.  :)

It's a good bunch here, and the idea of the human cookie button :) does help maintain what posts have been read, and I think it also helps keep the forum tidy from trolls, and marketing dreggs.

I think the majority are Ok with the human button. It's the four plus clicks to proceed to getting back that is for lack of a better word, an issue. Why? Because the human button used to only take one or two clicks to get back.

Maybe the new process in place of 4 clicks helps maintain the forum easier, I wouldn't know. But it is different, and it is fundamentally a bit more work.

The newly added clicks wouldn't deter me from signing in, but it might at times cause me to just say "screw it", and not bother signing in. By the looks of responses. Others feel the same. So by cause and effect, those posting a question might have to wait a little or a lot longer, and not get an answer as quick as they may have earlier on.

Let's see.

In any event, I enjoy reading some of the responses in "this forum" where I may contribute or learn something that makes  the experience of writing music and production all the better. We're not too overly experienced or too big for our britches to learn something new. Well, most of us. :XD:

Plus of course helping someone who genuinely is looking for an answer who can't find the best answer through their own research. That makes this forum worthwhile.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am
right.. not stopping me from coming to read and trying to help others... just a bloody nuisance and that is mainly 'cos it never happened before and now it seems to be getting worse. but it is what it is... cheers

p.s. "too big for our britches" ... lol seems a lot of the South stuck brother :thumbup:

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by IanM5 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:45 pm
It's not so much that I occasionally have to click a button. It's that it then takes me to a login page that seemingly cannot keep me logged in nor remember my password or email address so I have to manually enter them and then click another 3 or 4 times to get back to the post I wanted to reply to. In technical terms, it's crap. :thumbdown:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by nikolaospitloglou on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:35 pm
Sorry Lockeyfly but I have to disagree.
For me is unacceptable to have to login in this way 3-4 times per week.
No such a big problem though, I have much more serious things to do in my life than trying to connect with a community where each while I have to prove that Im not Mr Spock in order to have a support or a serious discussion with members who love music and Studio One.

Cheers

Studio One 6 - AMD Ryzen 3950, 32gb ram, Windows 10, UAD 2 octo(x2) - RME HDSPe RayDat, Fireface 802
by Lokeyfly on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:06 pm
Don't really care who agrees or disagrees. :)

FYI to all. The human button seems much better these past few weeks. Haven't had to re sign in at all.

At least for me it's been just fine. OMMV.
Thought it's worth noting.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by IanM5 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:18 pm
Lokeyfly wroteDon't really care who agrees or disagrees. :)

FYI to all. The human button seems much better these past few weeks. Haven't had to re sign in at all.

At least for me it's been just fine. OMMV.
Thought it's worth noting.

I didn't want to mention it but, yes, same for me.
Now that we've said it we can almost certainly look forward to it triggering again...

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by jBranam on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:29 pm
knock on wood... :roll:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by robertgilliland1 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:17 pm
does it to me all the time.

i wouldn't mind it,

if it put me right back to where i was before it dinged me (for example, if i'm posting a reply to a post)...

nope,
it puts me all the way back to home.
grrrr

Bats Brew music Streaming
https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/
Studio One 5.2, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core, MSI B250M, 16G, SSD & spinner
by codyhazelle on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:51 pm
Still does it to me. Still awful. Still keeps me from coming back to this place as frequently.

Literally no other forum I go on does this. Why this one?

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen R7 1700 3GHz, Radeon RX 480, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 2, Studio One 4 Pro
by The Wombat Project on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:53 pm
I no longer have to verify that I'm human.
But there's a new thing: when I'm on the forum, at the top right of the page, where my avatar usually is, it says "Log In to MyPresonus". If I do that, and switch back to the forum, then again, I have to log in to my.presonus, and if I do that, and switch back to the forum, again, I have to log in to my.presonus, and if I do that.... :D
The good news is, that I can post on the forum now, without having to be logged in (this message is proof for that)..

W10, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+, AKAI MPK mini, Studio One Sphere
by Lokeyfly on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:36 pm
Lol to all replies. We have a good bunch. Sorry, if I unturned some not so fond moments. All good points though. Seems some are getting less hits, and others having to constantly prove they have a birth certificate. Probably just how we utilize the service be it computer, cell phone, tablet, etc. I guess it's worth bumping this thread from time to time if you still are having an issue.

In the mean time, please sign in! (Again!). Hah!

Bullwinkle (or Presomus Admin): Hey Rocky, watch me pull a human out of my hat"

Rocky: ".......Again? That trick never works!"

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by dcumpian on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:25 am
What I notice is after I "Login", I can see my avatar on the top right of the forum. After a few days, and I do check the forums almost every day, my avatar says "Log In to My.PreSonus". In the next day or two, I'll be asked to verify I am human. So, it looks like there are two sets of credentials and My.Presonus times out, then the forum credentials eventually fail. I imagine if I logged in to My.PreSonus account everyday, then I would not see this behavior.

Dan
by Steve Carter on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:48 pm
Still an ongoing frustration for me, haven't noticed any improvements, just had to verify I'm human yet again, beginning to think that perhaps I'm not human - what else am I? Keep it clean please! !! :(

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by PreAl on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:21 pm
I've installed Universal Control. The "middle-ware for routing hardware outputs" has fixed this for me (using non existent drivers). Don't ask, this is a quantum thread leak.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

92 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5