19 posts
Page 1 of 1
I’ve seen on YouTube that I can Bounce to New Track to render an insert/fx to the track so I can re use it on another track.

Would Bounce in Place (Cmd B) accomplish the same thing?

To be more specific I’m planning on using pipeline xt to use a dbx 160a hardware unit on kick and want to also use it on snare.

I would just like my session to look cleaner and would rather not have that extra track left over. When I hide tracks they still seem to come back up and that’s annoying.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Tacman7 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:02 pm
I didn't think bounce to new track did a render.

Have to check on that but if it does render then I would change how I do some things.

Regular bounce doesn't print fx to what you bounce.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by frank.crow on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Maybe I’m using the term wrong. I was watching a pipeline tutorial and the gentleman explained to bounce to new track at the end and then I could use another instance of pipeline with my hardware unit on another track.

He used ctrl alt B as his shortcut which I thought was odd. Isn’t ctrl cmd B the correct shortcut?

I compared his tutorial to another one and both used the right click method and both showed Bounce to new track but each tutorial showed a different shortcut.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by BobF on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:41 pm
The key bindings are configurable, so maybe one or both have changed theirs.

I'm pretty sure mine are default

In both cases, I'm getting FX printed - BUT - I'm not using external FX.

Have you tried to see what happens?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by Tacman7 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:31 pm
The way I do external fx would be a track with an audio file on it(send) and another track(return) to monitor the fx return. When you record that track you're recording wet so printing fx.

Bounce for me doesn't print inserts but bounce to new track does. I've used that before but didn't notice that it would print the inserts. Cool, I can use that, Thanks

When you bounce to new track does it do a real time record and print the fx? (cubase used to do that)

I have to print all the real time before doing a mixdown.

Some situations don't print right so I use a loopback input on my interface to capture the correct sound.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by Lawrence on Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:26 am
It's all in the manual: https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/A ... uncing.htm

Ctrl+B for audio is "consolidation" unless you have Event FX and then yes, it renders those.

P.S. If you're using Pipeline in any case it has to render realtime. You can't offline render outboard hardware.
by frank.crow on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:48 am
Lawrence wroteIt's all in the manual: https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/A ... uncing.htm

Ctrl+B for audio is "consolidation" unless you have Event FX and then yes, it renders those.

P.S. If you're using Pipeline in any case it has to render realtime. You can't offline render outboard hardware.

Thanks

I read that page in the manual but couldn’t get my head wrapped around it.

So am I correct to assume that I can use pipeline with my dbx on my Kick Track and then Ctrl+B and it will render the benefits of the dbx to that Kick Track thus freeing up the dbx for use on another track?

I read the part about real time rendering and thought that I might have to adjust a preference setting but the real time rendering seems to be automatic.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by frank.crow on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm
Tacman7 wroteThe way I do external fx would be a track with an audio file on it(send) and another track(return) to monitor the fx return. When you record that track you're recording wet so printing fx.

Bounce for me doesn't print inserts but bounce to new track does. I've used that before but didn't notice that it would print the inserts. Cool, I can use that, Thanks

When you bounce to new track does it do a real time record and print the fx? (cubase used to do that)

I have to print all the real time before doing a mixdown.

Some situations don't print right so I use a loopback input on my interface to capture the correct sound.

Oh wow I think I get it. It’s sounds similar to how I reamp with my Line 6. I never would’ve have thought of doing it that way.

Thanks

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Lawrence on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:22 pm
frank.crow wroteSo am I correct to assume that I can use pipeline with my dbx on my Kick Track and then Ctrl+B and it will render the benefits of the dbx to that Kick Track thus freeing up the dbx for use on another track?

Yes and no. No because Ctrl+B for audio only consolidates audio in place, it doesn't capture any track level insert plugins or anything else on the channel. Use Bounce to New Track and then yes, move the plugin to the Snare track and do it again there with the same hardware.
by frank.crow on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:29 pm
Lawrence wrote
frank.crow wroteSo am I correct to assume that I can use pipeline with my dbx on my Kick Track and then Ctrl+B and it will render the benefits of the dbx to that Kick Track thus freeing up the dbx for use on another track?

Yes and no. No because Ctrl+B for audio only consolidates audio in place, it doesn't capture any track level insert plugins or anything else on the channel. Use Bounce to New Track and then yes, move the plugin to the Snare track and do it again there with the same hardware.

Ok I get it, thanks so much.
“Bounce to New Track”
In my test run at this it made a new track but the original track remained (as expected) but that original track seemed to have all of the original inserts still active. What do I do with those? Do I disable or remove them? Are they still utilizing system resources?

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Tacman7 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:20 pm
Bounce to new track won't have any inserts on the new track but the old ones will still be there.

That's great for me because I have a chain of plugins for my guitar. So I do a rhythm part then bounce to new track and then record a lead part etc. on the original guitar track. The rhythm track has the inserts printed. There's still a dry version in the original track but it's muted. I add another layer to that track if I want to keep the dry version.

If you render the fx on a track it will delete all the plugins. That's a render command that's available when you hover your mouse over the insert section.

Forum Moderator.

by Lawrence on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:19 am
frank.crow wrote“Bounce to New Track”
In my test run at this it made a new track but the original track remained (as expected) but that original track seemed to have all of the original inserts still active. What do I do with those? Do I disable or remove them? Are they still utilizing system resources?

You may be overthinking it. Bounce to New Track and similar always mutes the original event, assumes that you only want to hear the new bounced event. You don't have to do anything else. It will stop playing after the bounce by default.

But if you want (for housekeeping, whatever), sure, disable the original track and hide it if you think you might need it again later.

Or keep it simple and keep it all in one place and Transform to Rendered Audio on the original track.,
by Tacman7 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am
So simple I decided to make a graphic

BounceMethods.jpg

Forum Moderator.

by BobF on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:27 am
jpettit did a full write-up

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by frank.crow on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:38 pm
Lawrence wrote
frank.crow wroteOr keep it simple and keep it all in one place and Transform to Rendered Audio on the original track.,

Yup, support answered my ticket and this was basically their response. I was familiar this process but I didn’t know if it applied to pipeline.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by frank.crow on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:39 pm
Tacman7 wroteSo simple I decided to make a graphic

BounceMethods.jpg

Right on

Thanks so much

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by frank.crow on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:41 pm
BobF wrotejpettit did a full write-up

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

This is fantastic

Thanks so much

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Lawrence on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:35 am
Jeff is truly a saint for taking his free time to document all of those things again. We should all be grateful to people like him. :thumbup:

Having said that, we are the engineers/operators and (with due respect to all involved) the easiest way to find out what something like 4-5 different bounce methods do or not if there is any confusion about any of that is to just fire them and look at the end result.
by frank.crow on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 am
Thanks everyone for all of your advice. I’m feeling good about this new chapter in my mixing.

At the end of the day Presonus Support explained that it’s as simple as “Transform to Rendered Audio” that would apparently capture the processing just like it does with regular plugins.

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me out.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)