5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Sorry for the basic question, but in Marcus' (excellent) video on manual tempo mapping...
https://marcus-huyskens-music.com/mh-mu ... 411-part-1
...whenever he moves a bar to a particular transient, the affected part of the tempo track shrinks/expands to line up with the transients in the events (much like when tempo mapping in Melodyne).

However, whenever I try the same thing on my machine (also using 4.1.1), the tempo track lines stay evenly spaced after releasing the mouse, and the audio event shrinks/expands to line up instead. For the purposes of recording further tracks, keeping the event at its original dimensions would definitely make life easier.

Any idea why I'm seeing a different behaviour? I'm assuming it's just a view option somewhere (because I see advantages to both), but I just can't find it. The track's set to 'Don't Follow' tempo, and there's no tempo set for the event, so I don't think those are the cause.

Thanks in advance!

Studio One Pro v6
2021 MacBook Pro: 10-Core M1 Max Chip, 64GB Unified Memory, SSD Storage
macOS 14
Motu M4 USB-C Interface, 48K Sample Rate
by garyanderson5 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:18 pm
What your looking for is Relative Grid. were Snap is click on Adaptive drop down box, its in there. :thumbup:

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by neiljordan1 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:49 am
garyanderson5 wroteWhat your looking for is Relative Grid. were Snap is click on Adaptive drop down box, its in there. :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestion, but, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be it. With Relative Grid ticked (it wasn't before), the behaviour is still the same - the event resizes, and the tempo gridlines remain evenly-spaced.

Studio One Pro v6
macOS 14
by SwitchBack on Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:43 pm
Make sure in the track inspector that your event/track is set to “not follow” (or erase the track’s native tempo in the inspector).

Hope that helps :)
by neiljordan1 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:54 pm
SwitchBack wroteMake sure in the track inspector that your event/track is set to “not follow” (or erase the track’s native tempo in the inspector).

Thanks again, but I already had Tempo set to 'Don't follow' in the track's inspector. Regarding the native tempo, I couldn't find a menu option for it in the inspector itself, but if you're referring to the 'File Tempo' in the context menu for the event, it's set to 'Not Set' - there's not any tempo specified.

Unless you were referring to something else, it doesn't look like either of those are the cause.

Studio One Pro v6
macOS 14

5 posts
Page 1 of 1