6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello!

I have Studio One 4.1.1, Kontakt 6 and the Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass instrument loaded into Kontakt 6.

For whatever reason, the sustain function of this intrument is not triggered with the usual sustain controller (CC#64). It is done with a keyswitch on the keyboard.

The problem now is that I have only a small keyboard with 25 keys. So this keyswitch is way out of range and not usable for me.

What I need now, is a way to re-assign the MIDI, so that everytime I press the sustain knob on my keyboard (CC#64), the keyswitch (key A1) is pressed for Kontakt.
Hope you know what I mean...

Can this be done in Studio One?
by BobF on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:17 pm
In Kontakt 5.8 with Scarbee Rick loaded ...

CC#64 = slide mode control
A1 = use A string

Maybe it's different in K6, but I don't find a sustain function anywhere except to keep the note key pressed.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by XoechZ on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:48 pm
Yes, you are right. There is no way to do that in the instrument.

That´s why I asked if it is possible to do that in Studio One. So the sutain knob on my keyboard triggers the key switch in Kontakt. Means to re-assign CC#64 to key A1.

Possible?
by BobF on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:38 pm
XoechZ wroteYes, you are right. There is no way to do that in the instrument.

That´s why I asked if it is possible to do that in Studio One. So the sutain knob on my keyboard triggers the key switch in Kontakt. Means to re-assign CC#64 to key A1.

Possible?

No, there is nothing native in SO that with translate CC to note on the fly.

When I need a special config, I use a different preset on my controller and make the adjustments there.

I still don't see a sustain function in Scarbee Rick.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by robertaccardi on Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:17 am
Sustain on the Scarbee basses can be achieved using keyswitch A-1. That's "A negative 1". Seems from your post that you were trying A0, which is an instruction to play on the A string.
by robertaccardi on Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:20 am
robertaccardi wrote Seems from your post that you were trying A0, which is an instruction to play on the A string.

I see you were talking about A1, which is not a key switch for playing on the A string but is instead just to play the note A1 which is within the bass's range.
But still, in any case, A negative 1 (A-1) is the key switch for sustain. As another reply stated, the actual sustain pedal triggers slide mode

6 posts
Page 1 of 1