27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I haven’t upgraded since Sierra because High Sierra caused my Faderport 8 to have communication problems. I am now considering taking the plunge into Mojave. Should I be afraid? Also most of us here use many of the same 3rd party plugins. Does anyone know of any major red flags?

Thanks

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by robertgray3 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm
So far Mojave is treating me well- I’ve used Native Instruments, Waves, and a few other third party plugs and so far stuff seems pretty good.

I could be proven wrong quickly tho, knock on wood!

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by frank.crow on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:53 am
Thanks
I took the plunge and it’s working pretty great for me too.

Praise God🙏

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by garyshepherd on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 pm
Seems okay here since last night's upgrade - tested plugins like Waves, Korg, Helix Native, Superior Drummer and others etc - and all seem to be working. No issue with recording as the prompt for permission to access the microphone then added them to the Security preferences. Still testing but good so far.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Skip Jones on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:16 pm
Yes, working well for me also. If you perceive an issue with hardware, make sure you are up to date other drivers and firmware. Take the plunge, water is fine.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by musicchamber on Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:59 am
No issues at all with Mojave, it's running very smoothly with Studio One.

Just out of interest, even though I have a powerful computer with a 5K screen (iMac Pro) I didn't want to be wasting any CPU cycles (I'm not a tech nerd, and I may be wrong) but I set Studio One app to open in Low Resolution, and realtime scrolling, and manually scrolling is so much slicker. My eyes have adjusted to the not so good screen display (it's still very good, but obviously not in 5K.

You can tell Mojave to do this by selecting the Studio One app in the finder and then choosing 'Get Info' from the file menu, or just use command I

It may make a difference with people using MacBooks, you could always try it and see if it makes a difference for you.

Best
Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by frank.crow on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 am
Thanks everyone👍

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by darrenjames on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:42 am
I installed Mojave yesterday on my MacBook Pro and Valhalla VintageVerb VST is now crashing S1 when opening a project containing it. I have disabled it (renamed VST) and S1 opens now. I am using the AU version of the plug in instead with no problems.

I have let Valhalla know (super-quick response to the support ticket) and they are looking at it. I will keep you updated.

Studio One 4 Pro // MacBook Pro (2017) - OSX, 64 bit, 2.7 GHz i7, 16 Gb DDR3 // Faderport 8 // Softube Console 1 // SPL Crimson // MOTU 8A // Waves // SoundToys // NI
by timmorris on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:02 pm
Im now getting a message on S1 startup.....Studio One would like access you contacts ?

Denied ... :shock:

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by frank.crow on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:17 pm
I spoke to soon. Everything was great until I tried to use my line 6 to reamp. I updated my drivers and basically panicked thinking somehow my line 6 or my Saffire Pro 40 was fried. Nope, I’m not getting any input from external sources other than Midi stuff. None of my hardware is being read. I’m restoring from my time capsule right now.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by roblof on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:41 am
You have denied access to your microphone. When doing that you deny access to ALL audio inputs. Just make sure to enable the microphone input and everything should start working again.

frank.crow wroteI spoke to soon. Everything was great until I tried to use my line 6 to reamp. I updated my drivers and basically panicked thinking somehow my line 6 or my Saffire Pro 40 was fried. Nope, I’m not getting any input from external sources other than Midi stuff. None of my hardware is being read. I’m restoring from my time capsule right now.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by roblof on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:43 am
This is due to a bug in the rewire component in studioone triggering this popup. Presonus needs to update this component.

timmorris wroteIm now getting a message on S1 startup.....Studio One would like access you contacts ?

Denied ... :shock:

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by frank.crow on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:03 am
roblof wroteYou have denied access to your microphone. When doing that you deny access to ALL audio inputs. Just make sure to enable the microphone input and everything should start working again.

frank.crow wroteI spoke to soon. Everything was great until I tried to use my line 6 to reamp. I updated my drivers and basically panicked thinking somehow my line 6 or my Saffire Pro 40 was fried. Nope, I’m not getting any input from external sources other than Midi stuff. None of my hardware is being read. I’m restoring from my time capsule right now.

Aaaaaaaargh🤮

I can’t believe I made such a boneheaded mistake. Yes, I specifically remember denying the microphone access too. I just spent forever restoring from time capsule and even had to go out and buy a corded mouse.

PS
I did see a little note while updating my Line 6 drivers that said something about a new protocol for those drivers/ permissions from High Sierra moving forward. Would you happen to know anything about that?

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by garyshepherd on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 am
Had a few problems last night with the cursor tools not switching back when requested - both in Arrange page and Edit windows - never had this before so not sure if this is a S1 4.1 issue or Mojave - never had this before. I will continue to test and if necessary submit a bug report. Anyone else noticed this? The cursor seems stuck on a function (even in Smart cursor mode) so you try to change to cut or pencil, or general cursor and it appears to hang on the last tool - and the comping cursor does not always show up initially when editing takes, and the switch from cross hair to arrow in the main track also seems stuck on the previous tool.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by roblof on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:42 pm
I’m not sure of what you mean but what’s new with Mojave is that an application/driver will no longer gain access to your personal data like contacts, email, etc, including video and audio access, to protect you from malicious apps getting access to stuff it shouldn’t.

frank.crow wroteI did see a little note while updating my Line 6 drivers that said something about a new protocol for those drivers/ permissions from High Sierra moving forward. Would you happen to know anything about that?

by cory baker on Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:32 am
i cant find my studio one vsts in mojave. any ideas. would love some feedback.
by pheldal on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:04 pm
My mid2012 Macbook pro (16GB ram, 1T flash-drive) with Mojave and s1 is getting very sluggish when any multichannel audio-interface (>2 channels) is installed. Everything works eventually, but to start s1 may take 3-5 minutes. I don't think s1 is at fault because even a simple audio/video-app like the vlc-player is also slow. At times it feels like there is something at miss with i/o in general as any attempt to access the hard-drive sometimes can be very slow. Switched back to the older OS an every is OK again.
by basmeijer on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:30 pm
frank.crow wroteAaaaaaaargh🤮

I can’t believe I made such a boneheaded mistake. Yes, I specifically remember denying the microphone access too. I just spent forever restoring from time capsule and even had to go out and buy a corded mouse.

I do not agree you're one. I think the real boneheads came up with the idea to prevent a DAW from getting audio inputs into the system where it specifically asks to use your build in computer microphone. I think that is :thumbdown: :thumbdown: .

I also wonder how many hours are wasted around the planet that cannot be spend again doing something musically creative with this utter stupid mechanism. I feel that I missed an email to all Studio One users with a note from PreSonus to closely pay attention to enable this.
by kitwatson on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:44 pm
Why hasn't PreSonus updated the ReWire Support component so that it no longer seeks access to Contacts? And why would the ReWire Support component want access to my Contacts in the first place? It would appear to me that the ReWire Support component in Studio One has ALWAYS gotten access to Contacts, without having to ask for it, UNTL the new security protocols came out in macOS Mojave. What do you suppose the ReWire Support component has been doing with access to Contacts all this time?

DAW: Studio One 5.4.1.66992 macOS x64; Host Platform: Apple iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 2017), 64GB RAM, macOS Big Sur 11.6; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.2 GHz (4-Core); Apple SSD SM0128L; AMD Radeon Pro 580 8GB GDDR5, 5120 x 2880 Retina. Audio Interface: PreSonus Quantum 2626 (Thunderbolt 3), ver 1.3-82. Mixing: Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Mic/Line Mixer. Monitoring: JBL LSR308 active monitors; JBL LSR310S sub. Key Software: Arturia V Collection 8; Waves Diamond V13; Melodyne studio 5.1.1.003 (64-bit).

Studio One 5.4.1.66992 macOS x64 (Built on Oct 12 2021)
by robertgray3 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:25 pm
Iirc the whole programs accessing your “Contacts” thing is sort of shorthand for general security access, saw an article on Apple’s site about it somewhere that you should be able to look up. It does not mean that Studio One is looking at your contacts.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2