66 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Loving the new tempo mapping features! Thank you Presonus devs! Excellent workflow! For anyone who hasn't watched this video on the tempo mapping improvements, it will be worth your time:

https://marcus-huyskens-music.com/mh-mu ... 411-part-1
by Bbd on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 am
Agreed. Great video too!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by nikolaospitloglou on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:10 am
Maybe a little bit off topic but I would like to express my love and enthusiasm for v.4 integration with Notion.
Chord track + the right names on midi tracks --> send to Notion, boom!
The last days I'm doing some orchestrations and making the scores that way, saved me many time with great results!
Bravo Presonus!

Studio One 6 - AMD Ryzen 3950, 32gb ram, Windows 10, UAD 2 octo(x2) - RME HDSPe RayDat, Fireface 802
by bassfx on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:24 am
Sounds on-topic to me. :-) Presonus is on a roll IMO. 4.1.1 is a solid, very powerful and flexible DAW for serious musicians of any genre. Now I can't wait to see what they might do with integrating Notion even more in future versions (or having native notation features) + articulation management. Really crossing my fingers that articulation management is coming in the near future. That will be amazing. But in the meantime, it's progressing very nicely.

I am very impressed with the subtle (and not-so-subtle) refinements in areas such as the tempo map. I just wrapped up a video project (with sound design, composition and remixing) for a client and Studio One performed beautifully. I didn't have to touch Pro Tools or Cubase once on the project. All in Studio One. :-) The new tempo features were very helpful, and now with 4.1.1, it's even easier. The tempo track's ability to snap to transients is very well implemented, and it goes to show Presonus is willing to continue to refine small details until a great workflow is achieved.

I think/hope there will be some more great surprises like this in the 4.x lifespan!
by PreAl on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 pm
Annoying delete assignment bug still persists.

1) Goto external devices
2) Select a device you have to map.
3) Press MIDI learn, press a button on your controller you will see a dial appear, assign a button to it (press/release) by right clicking.
4) Repeat step (3) with a different button.
5) Right click and remove that last button.

EXPECTED

Button is removed.
You see the button is removed.

ACTUAL
Button is removed but you don't see it being removed, you have to refresh the screen by changing to another external device view, and then going back to your original view.

Come on Presonus this is an easy one to fix!!
And please add drag/drop so we can do some repositioning.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by dannylegrand1 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:25 am
Nice updates but still no support for external synths like a nice instrument plugin that eliminates the use for 2 tracks for 1 synth.
Thats the only thing holding me back to upgrading to 4 from 3.5.
Also the amount asked for the upgrade is not done I think.
I bought it in Late July 17 and now Presonus expects me to put another 150 euro on top .....

Gutted a bit

https://answers.presonus.com/22832/stud ... ent-plugin

Imac Retina 5K - Access Virus TI Snow - Access Virus Polar - Nord Lead 2X - Moog Sub 37 - StudioLogic Sledge Black - Arturia MatrixBrute - Korg MS20 - Doepfer Dark Energy - Doepfer Dark Time - Waldorf Blofeld - Focusrite Clarret 8PreX - UAD Apollo Twin Quad - UAD Satellite 2 Quad - ICON QCon Pro - Novation Impulse - 2 X Arturia Beatstep Pro - Genelec 8050BMW - Munro Sonic Egg 150 - KRK VXT8 - Mackie Big Knob -And much more !
by PreAl on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:13 am
dannylegrand1 wroteNice updates but still no support for external synths like a nice instrument plugin that eliminates the use for 2 tracks for 1 synth.
Thats the only thing holding me back to upgrading to 4 from 3.5.
Also the amount asked for the upgrade is not done I think.
I bought it in Late July 17 and now Presonus expects me to put another 150 euro on top .....

Gutted a bit

https://answers.presonus.com/22832/stud ... ent-plugin

That's over a year of use. Nobody expects you to do anything, they may want to persuade you however :)

Wait for black Friday and check the price then.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by santeripilli on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 am
The classic quote by Einstein comes to mind again as I decided to test the newest version:

Still as buggy as 3.5. Still unstable, crashes upon rendering effects. Instrument tracks get rendered incorrectly with note cuts. I could go on and on but I'm wasting bits and the support would just say "Oh no no, our software crashes so it must be YOUR COMPUTER!"

How can you guys seriously consider this a professional DAW?

I'll let Einstein describe my Studio One-experience:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

Einstein would have installed Studio One 2, because the classic never dies.

Your beloved unhappy customer,

- Santeri

Apple MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2011):
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR RAM, 500 GB HD (7200 RPM),
OSX version 10.12.4. (Sierra),

Interface: TC Electronic Konnekt 6 FireWire

Presonus Studio One 3, newest version, always (except when too buggy to work with daily).
by PreAl on Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:21 pm
santeripilli wroteThe classic quote by Einstein comes to mind again as I decided to test the newest version:

Still as buggy as 3.5. Still unstable, crashes upon rendering effects. Instrument tracks get rendered incorrectly with note cuts. I could go on and on but I'm wasting bits and the support would just say "Oh no no, our software crashes so it must be YOUR COMPUTER!"

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

- Santeri

Well I don't experience this. You should create a new thread or point to your existing threads for these issues. Either it is your system or I/we haven't got the correct steps to reproduce the bugs. Beyond that I absolutely make no judgement, you need to supply more info on another thread.

by Bbd on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:59 pm
You are right PreAI and thanks for your post.
It really goes without saying that if anyone is having issues with the current release, you need to create a support ticket to try to get the issue resolved.
There are many users not having issues but if I did, I would not hesitate to contact Support.

It really does not do any good to complain on this forum if you don't seek help for your own issue.
We are now at S1 4.1.1. You can install it side by side with your older version and test it.
If you want new features, create a feature request or see if someone else already did and vote for it.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by patricemazmanian on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 am
santeripilli wroteStill as buggy as 3.5. Still unstable, crashes upon rendering effects. Instrument tracks get rendered incorrectly with note cuts. I could go on and on but I'm wasting bits and the support would just say "Oh no no, our software crashes so it must be YOUR COMPUTER!"

I'm using S1 since version 2.5, and I've never had one of the problems you mentioned.
You are on mac and I am not an expert of the apple, maybe "sierra" is not compatible with your version of S1?
I repeat, S1 is really stable on my 2 computers.

Cordially
Patrice

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by musicchamber on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:57 am
santeripilli wroteThe classic quote by Einstein comes to mind again as I decided to test the newest version:

I'm not having any problems with v4.1.1, very stable on my system. And I'm running huge track counts.

Best
Scott

- Santeri

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by musicchamber on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:59 am
PreAl wrote

- Santeri

Well I don't experience this. You should create a new thread or point to your existing threads for these issues. Either it is your system or I/we haven't got the correct steps to reproduce the bugs. Beyond that I absolutely make no judgement, you need to supply more info on another thread.

I'm not having any problems with v4.1.1, very stable on my system. And I'm running huge track counts.

Best
Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by shanabit on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:25 pm

- Santeri

Crash log would help a lot here.

Options:
1. Open the songs using the internal sound card to rule out your TC interface which could be the culprit with a crappy driver.
2. Move all of your add on plugins out of the plugins folders temporary and run S1, put them back one at a time till you get a crash
3. Trash your S1 preferences
4. Einstein would post a crash log so we dummies can help

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by santeripilli on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:23 pm
shanabit wrote

- Santeri

Crash log would help a lot here.

Options:
1. Open the songs using the internal sound card to rule out your TC interface which could be the culprit with a crappy driver.
2. Move all of your add on plugins out of the plugins folders temporary and run S1, put them back one at a time till you get a crash
3. Trash your S1 preferences
4. Einstein would post a crash log so we dummies can help

1. Done. The potentially crappy drivers seem to only crash Presonus software. Hmm...

2. Studio One is a "professional" DAW-software that would need to be nearly plugin-failproof by this point, as legit, widely used plugins causing crashing should not be an issue. But it's been that for me since the beginning of ages.

3. Trashing the preferences doesn't help e.g. that one cockroach I came across, which was a bug where the Instrument tracks get rendered incorrectly (the initial note gets abruptly cut off). The bug is older than my mother, but hey, this is Presonus, we need more new features.

Oh, and I forgot my favorite: effects settings seem to randomly get forgotten. Nothing's fancier than having to turn those ten knobs AGAIN! YOWZA!

4. Thanks (really!) but no thanks. Just wanted to be angry for a few moments, as that is the only way I can handle the frustration (started around 3.0) of having to use Studio One (and yes, I use it countless hours per week, call me a sad power user) and managing with it, whilst it being completely unreliably should you want to e.g. have the certainty of being able to finish and deliver a mix on time without wanting to throw your MacBook on the wall.

Call this consumer anarchy, and you're right for a second.

I'm dead sure you fanboys would dash your mouse, wife, drivers, job and credit card, just to get that cr*ppy pile of code called S1 working properly. Back in the days boys and girls got cojones.

Hope you're also happy with the fact that you've saved the company heaploads of cash by working freely as the happy betatesting unit (normally paid real money) during all these years.

Just a reminder of the reality we're living in. It might hurt.

Hail Presonus,

Santeri

P.S. : For the so-called "flipside" of being a Presonus customer, please refer to other audio forums for a few user experiences. You'll find something.

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

Presonus Studio One 3, newest version, always (except when too buggy to work with daily).
by santeripilli on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:54 pm
I wanted to post a bonus song for you guys. Sorry for quoting, but it rhymes well:

"I close S1 and it crashes
I close a song and it crashes
I look at S1 wrong and it crashes
I try to go back to the start page and it crashes"

Almost like jingle bells.

- Santeri

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

by Steve Carter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:34 am
Sorry to hear that you are having so many issues but glad that you are still able to enter into the festive spirit Santa-eri, festering nicely I'd say.
Seriously though, hope you can get your S1 issues resolved...
Seasonal greetings to you... (Maybe a tad early but the Xmas season seems to start earlier each year!).

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by deepho on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:20 pm
I will say many thanks to Presonus that you have solved the grafic driver issue. :+1
2 years i work with S1 and there more i work there more i discover very helpful things, and there more i love this DAW. It's fantastic. Thank you.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit / NVidia GeForce GT 640, RME AIO
by PreAl on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 pm
santeripilli wroteI wanted to post a bonus song for you guys. Sorry for quoting, but it rhymes well:

"I close S1 and it crashes
I close a song and it crashes
I look at S1 wrong and it crashes
I try to go back to the start page and it crashes"

Almost like jingle bells.

- Santeri

1) Breathe
2) Decide that you want your issue fixed.
3) CREATE A NEW THREAD with clear and detailed steps to reproduce. Start from when you startup studio one.
4) Perhaps log a ticket with Presonus

Or alternatively call everybody fanboys just because their systems are OK and yours is not, obviously they are lying aren't they?. Or just carry on enjoying the crashing. Your call.

It is worth noting that often it is a dodgy plugin..If you are expecting that dodgy plugins should not effect a DAW then you simply have unrealistic expectations.

by shanabit on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:59 am
"4. Thanks (really!) but no thanks. Just wanted to be angry for a few moments, as that is the only way I can handle the frustration (started around 3.0) of having to use Studio One (and yes, I use it countless hours per week, call me a sad power user) and managing with it, whilst it being completely unreliably should you want to e.g. have the certainty of being able to finish and deliver a mix on time without wanting to throw your MacBook on the wall.
"

So you dont want help really, just want to moan, I see. You must be daft as the crashlog will show what is crashing your crash happy Mac there bubba

You should do your research and see who the fanboys really are? I dont think you would find me in that list. And people ask why I dont help anymore. :roll:

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013

66 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4