7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Greetings PreSonus Forum!

Yesterday, I worked for hours mixing a particular song. Everything was working fine from start to finish. But today, after starting Studio One and playing the same song, after 15-20 seconds, the sound stopped completely -- although the cursor bar (whatever it's called) kept moving to the right, as if the song were still playing, but no sound! Then if I stop the song, I can't get it to resume playing at all; not even the cursor bar will move. Then when I close the song, everything freezes. No matter where I put my mouse and click, nothing happens. So the only way I can close the song/program is to reboot my computer via CONTROL / ALT / DELETE. I opened/played other songs and they are working fine. Something really strange happened overnight -- a demon ghost perhaps! -- that hexed this particular song! What is going on?! Any help will be most appreciated!

THANKS!

David
by Lokeyfly on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 am
Hi David.
What equipment do you have? Have a peek at other posts and see the signature users create as an idea, or as with mine.

Sounds like it may be a non compliant audio driver, or non ASIO driver, and it hits some buffer limit, and drops out altogether freezing your program/computer. Actually, I need to update my signature, and re list my Audio interface as well.

It can likely be fixed if we know more. :) thanks.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by davidburke1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:27 am
Lokeyfly wroteHi David.
What equipment do you have? Have a peek at other posts and see the signature users create as an idea, or as with mine.

Sounds like it may be a non compliant audio driver, or non ASIO driver, and it hits some buffer limit, and drops out altogether freezing your program/computer. Actually, I need to update my signature, and re list my Audio interface as well.

It can likely be fixed if we know more. :) thanks.

Thanks, Lokefly, for responding! I'll check it out.
by gregghart on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:20 am
Isn't this a known issue with the latest Melodyne 4.2?

The fix is to either remove the Melodyne from the track or to render it.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by davidburke1 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:17 am
Thanks, PreSonus Forum Members, for your suggestions!

I got two answers that were consistent, as well as correct: one from gregghart here on the Forum and one from Ken Porter on PreSonus Studio One's Facebook page. The problem is an issue with Melodyne Studio's newest version, 4.2. It came out a couple weeks ago, and I installed it. So to fix my song, I started removing Melodyne from certain tracks until the problem stopped.

Although Melodyne's manufacturer (Celemony) says that it hasn't received similar complaints, I can tell you that the song I was having issues with played fine when I had Melodyne's previous version, 4.1. Celemony was nice enough to send me a link to move back to 4.1, and I will certainly do that until Melodyne gets an update.

I encourage any of you having similar problems to report them to both Celemony and PreSonus.
by davidburke1 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:18 am
gregghart wroteIsn't this a known issue with the latest Melodyne 4.2?

The fix is to either remove the Melodyne from the track or to render it.

You're right, gregghart! See my response.
by morrishielman on Tue May 25, 2021 12:52 am
Dragging up an older thread here. I have exactly the same issue, every little detail OP described is perfectly consistent with what I'm experiencing. Except, when I remove Melodyne Essential 4.2.4 from every track the problem persists. Do I need to selectively remove it from specific tracks? A big factor here is my ~20 tracks for harmonies and doubles, with loads of Melodyne, but I do this often and only have issues in this one project file. I can bounce my tracks and create a new project file, but I really don't want this to be the only workaround and would rather save it as a last ditch. Being able to tune vox with me clients in real time during the session is crucial to me.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1