6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've noticed that when copying a large amount of events divided among multiple tracks (from a full song for instance) to another location in the arranger, automation doesn't always 'follow' even with the option 'automation follows events' turned on.

I use this sometimes to create an exact duplicate of my song right next to it so that it's easy to make another edit of the song without making any changes to the version already done. Right now I have to open up and expand all the individual tracks to check if their automation was copied properly, and if not I have to manually copy the automation.

Follow automation works fine when copying just a few events, so it seems to be related to the large amount of events being copied I presume. I never encounter the issue unless I do as described above.

Anyone else who has had this issue? Running Studio One 4.1 here.

Asus X99-A, i7 5820K 6-Core (4.2Ghz With Multiplier), Corsair 32Gb DDR4 RAM (2133 C15), 1 Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD, 2 Samsung 840 PRO 1TB SSD, 2 Samsung 850 EVO 2TB SSD, 2 Western Digital Caviar Black 4 TB HDD, AMD Firepro 2460, Win 7 64 Bit, USB 2.0 + 3.0 Ports, UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe, TC Powercore Express PCIe, Studio One Pro [Latest Update] 64 Bit
by zacharymatson on Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:01 pm
On 5.1.1.61815 and also having this issue. Moving only a small amount of events at a time fixed it for me too, but it's annoying that this is necessary.
by darrenmorris on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:23 pm
I had this exact problem recently with Studio One 5. I got round it by creating an arranger event in the arranger bar and copied the song over to the right, so I could work on a radio cut of the arrangement. This resulted in perfect copying of the automation. Whereas before, selecting all events and copying, the automation was not copied properly and inaccurately located against events.
by juvandes on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:14 pm
darrenmorris wroteI had this exact problem recently with Studio One 5. I got round it by creating an arranger event in the arranger bar and copied the song over to the right, so I could work on a radio cut of the arrangement. This resulted in perfect copying of the automation. Whereas before, selecting all events and copying, the automation was not copied properly and inaccurately located against events.

Which version are you using? And Mac or PC?

Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 6.5.2|Protools 2023|Cubase Pro 12|Wavelab 11|Logic X|Apollo X8|2xUAD-2 Octo
UAD 11.0.1|Waves14| Soundtoys| Melodyne 5.3.1| Softube| PluginAlliance| Fabfilter| Sonnox| Eventide| Antares
by starkid84 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:43 pm
Same problem here. I'm pretty sure this has been a problem since at least V3. I tend to generally have anywhere from 20 to a few hundred tracks in my sessions, and trying to move all events on a simple 10 track song still fails to move several lanes of automation.

Presonus please work on stabilizing your software, I'm starting to worry that I'm going to have to leave S1 after being a power user since V1.

Studio One 4.5.2, Windows 7/10 Ultimate 64bit, Intel i7 3770 OC 4.1 ghz, 32GB DDR3 ram, Raedon RX 450 graphics,
by robertgray3 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:48 am
If you think you’ve found an error where automation isn’t following properly maybe try sending a copy of the song to Support showing how to cause the error. Luckily automation errors usually reside in the .song file itself so you won’t need to send any audio with it, just the small .song file.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

6 posts
Page 1 of 1