77 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
This is precisely why it’s unhelpful to have comments from people unaffected by this glitch. It is decidedly not useful at all to proffer fixes for an issue that I’m not talking about...

Again... the issue at hand isn’t about the plugins not being discovered by the daw... s1 sees the plugins and allows you to insert them into your session... however, the GUI is grayed out and the plugins don’t work. Unless you’ve conquered that particular issue your workarounds to issues outside of this aren’t helpful and clutter the discussion.

Also, there should be zero need to add the file loc of the waves packages... they’re in your common files which s1 scans whether you have the directory visible in your scan or not.

This particular problem isn’t resolved even by uninstalling and reinstalling the waves plugin library, uninstalling and reinstalling the daw after removing the entire user setting folder...

So, clearly resetting the black list and jiggering with file locations within s1 also has no effect on this particular problem.

I’m not trying to be combative, just focused on getting this particular issue fixed.

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by Jemusic on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:26 pm
Have you got AERO turned off for any reason on your Windows machine.

When AERO is turned off I got the blank GUI thing as well. On other plugins too as well as Waves. As soon as I turned AERO back on everything was fine again. Not sure if this is your issue but there were some Windows tweaks that suggested turning AERO off and it is just plain wrong. There is nothing to be gained by doing so especially with our current fast computers.

Blank GUI suggests something else that might be video card driver related etc..Have you checked up on the video side of your system. Latest drivers etc..

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by gregghart on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:14 pm
brettgoodkin wroteThis is precisely why it’s unhelpful to have comments from people unaffected by this glitch. It is decidedly not useful at all to proffer fixes for an issue that I’m not talking about...

Again... the issue at hand isn’t about the plugins not being discovered by the daw... s1 sees the plugins and allows you to insert them into your session... however, the GUI is grayed out and the plugins don’t work. Unless you’ve conquered that particular issue your workarounds to issues outside of this aren’t helpful and clutter the discussion.

Also, there should be zero need to add the file loc of the waves packages... they’re in your common files which s1 scans whether you have the directory visible in your scan or not.

This particular problem isn’t resolved even by uninstalling and reinstalling the waves plugin library, uninstalling and reinstalling the daw after removing the entire user setting folder...

So, clearly resetting the black list and jiggering with file locations within s1 also has no effect on this particular problem.

I’m not trying to be combative, just focused on getting this particular issue fixed.

This is precisely why it IS helpful, my friend. THAT IS the issue that this fixes. The DAW sees them...but they do not work.

You must delete the location and put them back in. I do not know why this works, but it does. PLEASE TRY IT!

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:00 pm
gregghart wrote
brettgoodkin wroteThis is precisely why it’s unhelpful to have comments from people unaffected by this glitch. It is decidedly not useful at all to proffer fixes for an issue that I’m not talking about...

This is precisely why it IS helpful, my friend. THAT IS the issue that this fixes. The DAW sees them...but they do not work.

You must delete the location and put them back in. I do not know why this works, but it does. PLEASE TRY IT!

I did do that... It did nothing... As I mentioned earlier... With the exception of esoteric stuff (like the Aero thing mentioned above) I have, literally, done everything...

But, for the sake of clarity... when you say "You must delete the location and put them back in." What location specifically are you referencing?

These plugins work on every other platform installed on this machine...

See attached image as to what this glitch looks like... I have 20 PMs over at gearslutz reporting this exact problem... Waves CSR said it was five or six... When I spoke to him the next day the number had doubled...

Again... If you are experiecning this, please report it to Waves and Presonus to ensure their respective QA folks get it sorted.

Attachments
waves.jpg

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:12 pm
Jemusic wroteHave you got AERO turned off for any reason on your Windows machine.

When AERO is turned off I got the blank GUI thing as well. On other plugins too as well as Waves. As soon as I turned AERO back on everything was fine again. Not sure if this is your issue but there were some Windows tweaks that suggested turning AERO off and it is just plain wrong. There is nothing to be gained by doing so especially with our current fast computers.

Blank GUI suggests something else that might be video card driver related etc..Have you checked up on the video side of your system. Latest drivers etc..

Tried Aero both ways... (it was on)… negative results

The graphics card was the first thing the Waves guys checked during session 1 of a 4 session remote viewer session...

by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:30 pm
jdurham wrote
brettgoodkin wrote
miked7 wrote
It’s tempting for some to pop into a thread like this to announce that it doesn’t impact them...

Resist that urge. It’s off-topic and it clutters the discussion.

For those of you who have-are dealing with this... please file CS tickets with Waves and presonus.

My inbox at Gearslutz has 16 private messages saying “me too!” That’s cool and all... but report it!

Another thing to look for if your plugins are working... if you drag a Waves plugin onto a track and it doesn’t launch until you do it a second time that’s s related problem that, again, should be reported.

I think it's helpful for people to post in a thread like this if they are NOT having a problem as well, granted if they are helpful with the process, because there may be a clue in their setup or process that may solve the problem for someone else. And some of us are willing to help out those who are having issues and see if we can replicate the problem on our side... all that info is invaluable in establishing the pattern and figuring out the potential issues for the developers to address.

In my case, I have NO problems with Waves v9 and v10 installed on the same system on Win 10 Pro 1803 with Studio One 4.1.

Having said that, with every new Waves plugin I buy, I have found that it's important to RESET, RESCAN, REMOVE, and RE-ADD the plugin paths EVERY time I install a new Waves plugin for Studio One. Other DAWs do not need as many steps. I just picked up the new AR TG Mastering plugin and had to do this once again.

My process to get new Waves plugins to show up in S1 4 is to go to Options > Locations and Reset Blacklist, and make sure the "Scan at startup" option is checked. I then also REMOVE the paths to the VST plugins from the Locations box. Hit OK, restart Studio One. Then I ADD the paths back into the Locations box. Restart Studio One. And voila, all my new Waves plugins show up.

For those having problems and that doesn't work, I totally agree you should submit tickets to both Presonus and Waves... but ALSO, please post the exact steps you are doing here in this forum so people here can help diagnose the problem. If we can duplicate the steps you are doing and it causes the same problem, then we have a repeatable recipe that the developers can test out, thus helping all of us.

Just did this twice.... negative results.

Also, if you have to do this every time you buy a waves plugin you should definitely put in tickets to Waves and Presonus

by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:31 pm
gregghart wrote

It did not work...

by PreAl on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:55 pm
brettgoodkin wroteBut, for the sake of clarity... when you say "You must delete the location and put them back in." What location specifically are you referencing?

I was the guy who originally suggested this, and now this is the THIRD time I have stated this. So far you have completely ignored..

"Try remove the folder paths, clear blacklist and rescan, restart, then put them back in.. clear blacklist, rescan, restart."

That is ALL the folder paths. Every single one of them that points to ALL plugin folders.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jBranam on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:31 pm
relax AI... if you are annoyed with this move along... someone else can explain it to him. no need to get snotty. everyone that has system problems gets tense enough so no need to add to it please

brett... did you respond back to jeff (jemusic) about the video card drivers? maybe i overlooked it. from that picture you posted THAT definitely looks like a graphics problem to me. that bottom right plugin window is not missing i don't think... it looks "clear" or transparent which from my experience in gaming i have seen a good bit of especially with 'windows' and/or 'menus' which that plugin GUI is a 'window' and is probably drawn with OpenGL which i suspect OpenGL is used in S1 for the fluid scalable windows or GUI interfaces of some plugins and all the animated graphics within S1. OpenGL is a mode in which your video card draws images and is part of your video card's driver.

if Waves has had you completely remove and reinstall your graphics driver and it didn't work overlook this. if you haven't updated your graphics driver in a while... do so. if you have recently updated your video driver you may want to try removing it completely from your system and revert back to a previous version that you know DID work correctly. sometimes if a faulty or corrupted video driver is not drawing the window correctly or if there is an 'invisible' layer drawn between your mouse cursor and the actual plugin it will seem as if the plugin is not working. what is actually happening sometimes (not saying this is happening to you but HAS happened to me in the past in gaming) the mouse is unable to actually get to the plugin... it is being blocked. it certainly can't hurt to try and see if it IS only a graphics problem at this point.

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 pm
[deleted for being a beyotch]
Last edited by brettgoodkin on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:05 pm
Yah... again that was done repeatedly by the waves guys (and by me before I called them)

It’s not the graphics card... it’s something in the way studio one’s code interacts with Waves stuff.

And again, the plugins work fine on PT, reaper, Cubase all on the same machine.

The s1 csr folks were responsive to my ticket but after having me send them some files from my machine and a few back and forth emails they pretty quickly said they didn’t know what was happening and that they couldn’t help me... but would send to their QA

I don’t suspect that anyone here has a solution... I’m old and have been a power user and system builder since the Timex Sinclair... so I’m pretty good at running stuff down... this is a rare example of me finding a dry hole...

my hope was to send up a flare and have impacted users send in tickets to Waves and presonus...

So, if you’ve had this particular problem and fixed it I’d love to hear about it... I don’t remember if I mentioned it here, but, Waves did “fix” the issue during the first call... and the plugins worked all day and found their way into a current session... they’re great. However, that lasted as long as I had the cpu powered up. When I came in the next day and booted up I was back to square one and the original fix that waves found didn’t work.

by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:25 pm
jBranam wroteyes i have known this and i always run as admin unless i need to drag and drop from outside S1 and those locations have always been in my locations but maybe others do not. thanks

and brett i know you are frustrated and rightfully so.. but don't take it out on others... especially for those that are trying to help. to be honest when PreAI first posted his 2 cents i scoffed and was about to post this...

"wash, rinse, repeat and if ALL else fails... spin to the left three times and throw a pinch of salt over your shoulder"

and the devil ALMOST made me do it lol but i thought better of it. i then looked into the .settings file and saw that RBass and MV2 were not found but my last purchases were. i then thought WTH.. i will give it a try and LOW AND BEHOLD it worked (i am glad i did not post my thoughts and am thankful he posted it) however bizarre it sounded to me at the time it proved to me that S1 writes intermittently. i would not have 'found my lost plugs' if i had not taken the off chance. also in the 192 interface section down below they had problems with bricked interfaces after a firmware update and Presonus claimed it had to do with certain systems with certain video cards. most ALL video drivers DO have sound drivers in them for HDMI output and that HDMI sound function is seen and is listed in Window$ audio devices. so again however bizarre it may sound it may be relevant so relax a tad.. i think all of us (well most of us) sympathize with your situation and completely understand the stress and most are only trying to help and you should remind yourself of that fact. cheers

jay

I’m not taking anything out on anybody... Al can scream in all caps at his own pleasure... his fix doesn’t work on my end... period... i wish it did and I’d be super appreciative... but, alas, it did not. I asked him to clarify what exactly he meant because I was fairly sure I’d explained that I’d already run down that rabbit hole... I had, actually... but, to be fair I did it again twice... negative results. I really don’t know why anybody’s getting bent outta shape over it...

I don’t particularly care if anyone is sympathetic to my situation... I didn’t start the thread to have a pity party... I’m illustrating a bug that needs to be fixed and imploring those impacted to open tickets, that’s all.

I’m wary of presonus’ responsiveness to issues like this when they’ve come up in the past (ie: their response to the Ilok deal was atrocious)... which is another reason I was hoping to keep this thread focused on this particular bug. I have more confidence in Waves with whom I’ve been a customer since they opened their doors and have never had any problems with even one of their products.

Compared to Waves, s1 is a brand new product... one that I’m heavily invested in as my primary daw. This waves thing has been devolving for awhile and that concerns me... S1 can only remain my primary daw if I can rely upon it to properly implement plugins that all my other daws do out of hand... more to point it has to load plugins that my creative partners are using...

Also, if y’all are adding waves’ folder locations manually in s1’s plugin scan you’re asking for trouble.. that’s per the waves guys... all three that I’ve dealt with made the point independently... I did it too to deal with earlier v10 plugins not being seen by S1... I don’t know why this is bad and I didn’t care enough to ask... so, just FYI

by brettgoodkin on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:33 pm
PreAl wrote
brettgoodkin wroteBut, for the sake of clarity... when you say "You must delete the location and put them back in." What location specifically are you referencing?

I was the guy who originally suggested this, and now this is the THIRD time I have stated this. So far you have completely ignored..

"Try remove the folder paths, clear blacklist and rescan, restart, then put them back in.. clear blacklist, rescan, restart."

That is ALL the folder paths. Every single one of them that points to ALL plugin folders.

Also... I wasn’t aware of this, but, per the Waves CS guys, s1 automatically scans the vst2 vst3 paths in your /commonfiles... which means you don’t need to have these paths in your scan... so, you can’t actually remove these folders from your scan... if you do a fresh install you’ll see that s1 only natively included \vstplugins.... so, even though it’s not shown in the list of plugin scan love, the commonfile folders are being scanned by s1 and these are the locations where waves dumps the waveshells...

So, I don’t know how this fix would work unless you’re manually including the waves plugin packages in your scan, removing them, then putting them back per your walkthrough... but, regardless, it would seem that on your machine you have s1 scanning the same loc twice...

There are plenty of niggles that can’t be explained in a flowchart but somehow work... maybe this is one of those deals... good for you!

by jBranam on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 am
brettgoodkin wroteI’m old and have been a power user and system builder since the Timex Sinclair.

cool... as long as you had tried it. i didn't see it stated and if you are a computer geek then you KNOW that many don't really know diddly about their systems and one must cover all bases to help them :) cheers and good luck

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by brettgoodkin on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:47 am
Dude... I have zero pride... if those waves kids looked and saw some dumba$$ thing I did to break it I’d happily tell the world what an idiot I was hoping to give somebody else the intel...

by brettgoodkin on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:18 pm
For those of you curious how to force a true from scratch plugin scan... go to your user folder and delete everything in /64 directory

Delete everything but AudioEngine.settings. Otherwise it's just plugin settings there. The audioengine settings are all of the little things you’ve done to customize your s1 install

by PreAl on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 pm
brettgoodkin wrote
Also... I wasn’t aware of this, but, per the Waves CS guys, s1 automatically scans the vst2 vst3 paths in your /commonfiles... which means you don’t need to have these paths in your scan... so, you can’t actually remove these folders from your scan... if you do a fresh install you’ll see that s1 only natively included \vstplugins.... so, even though it’s not shown in the list of plugin scan love, the commonfile folders are being scanned by s1 and these are the locations where waves dumps the waveshells...

So, I don’t know how this fix would work unless you’re manually including the waves plugin packages in your scan, removing them, then putting them back per your walkthrough... but, regardless, it would seem that on your machine you have s1 scanning the same loc twice...

There are plenty of niggles that can’t be explained in a flowchart but somehow work... maybe this is one of those deals... good for you!

Once you've removed all the plugin paths (and I mean remove all the plugin paths you can see) and reset blacklist/restart etc, often default folder paths appear as if by magic again and everything starts working again. I've done it enough times to know, and loads of people have confirmed it works. Often you don't even need to add the waves folders back in afterwards (even if not listed). If my basic instructions were followed then that would have been observed.

I'm not here to state why it works, it just does. Out of here.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by brettgoodkin on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 pm
I’m glad it worked for you... truly

It didn’t here... it’s why I asked you to clarify your process to make sure I had done the same thing... sadly, it didn’t yield results here... it’s also not worked for a couple of the cats on Gearslutz... I sent it over to the waves guys to see what they think...

by brettgoodkin on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:27 pm
It’s strange to me that you’re so insistent that this fix is some cure all and that for it not to work means that I must’ve failed to follow your simple instructions... it’s just not the case

I did it multiple times and threw in a system reboot after it didn’t work in the hopes that it might help...

Again... I wished it had worked!

by Lokeyfly on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 am
Brettgoodkin wrote: my hope was to send up a flare and have impacted users send in tickets to Waves and presonus

So Brett, thx for the heads up. Why not leave it at that.

Dude... I have zero pride... if those waves kids looked and saw some dumba$$ thing I did to break it I’d happily tell the world what an idiot I was hoping to give somebody else the intel...

There you go again, lashing out at someone giving potentially some good points pertaining to what might be a video driver condition. Yet while you warn others, you find a way to be a bit short on the help side of things. Sorry, it happens.

Please understand that from even your early findings of plugins turning gray, that the cause and effect is folks are going to point to ways to remedy that based not so much on not actually having Waves Abby Road Master, as you found problemaric, but by their own experiences remedying a similar circumstance. After all, plugins that no longer can be seen, turn gray in a different form. Though that detail was not yet clear. Then you sent a helpful image illustrating your findings. So with your experiences, you've notified us, and perhaps someone will have the very same issue you have and potentially remedy or solidify your findings further. We obviously hope you get it sorted. People take time to assist. In kind you've also thanked some. Great. Given the available information you provided, or lack thereof. People will respond. Even if they haven't encountered the same issue, or that their install even went smoothly, sometimes in a forum, productivity may or may not happen. But good intentions are there. At least in this forum they are.

We likely can do without all the other bloat of Waves time spent in the industry,, over Presonus, Sinclair usage (which wouldn't be before my usage, my friend), and other unintageables. Waves for better or worse have a more detailed installation process. We appreciate (now more than ever), you are experiencing something apparently unique to some, and the warning.

My suggestion going forward would be a very breif statement (with your previousl image, or current screen capture, of the occurence). You can request to please respond if one had a similar occurence, but really, it's peoples insatiable desire to help, and that will often lead to what many stating the same delete/replace, Wave central remedy they experienced.

With that, you've warned us. Thanks man! I still get the feeling of a little.unsettling ground when I purchase a Waves plugin, lol. And I'm probably not the only one with that feeling, but Waves have a helpful link for Studio One users and other DAW installation instructions.  They don't bad rap anyone, and that quite honestly from this post has come from you.

Responses here have been very fair with intent to help.
You brought up quite late that Waves support assisted in it working for you initially, but hadn't after you shut your computer down. That might have saved a good number of responses that you're evidently tired of hearing, so please just be patient with those trying to assist

I can appreciate, it's not an easy fix, and that's been frustrating for a few. To many however, au contraire, Studio One and Waves work pretty nice together. We'd all likely hold any DAW responsible for how it plays with others, as well as with our clients. That goes without saying.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope you obtain the fix.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

77 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4