5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

S1 V4.1, WIN10. I have a new keyboard controller (NEKTAR LX49+) and while giving it a shakedown, I decided to load the trial version of AKAI's VIP 3.1.1 plugin management software.

It's kind of neat, gives you access to all your plugins in one unified list/view, and it's easy to create "Multis" from different software instruments.

Seemed to be OK in stand-alone mode, so I decided to try and use it as a plug in in S1 3.5.6, 4.1 and Pro Tools 2018.7.

All is well in PT, and S1 3.5.6: some obvious initial latency, but switching to S1's Low Latency mode, and using "Low Latency Monitoring" in PT (plus I upped the CPU core usage parameter in the VIP setup from 2 to 8), took care of it.

But when I started up S1 V. 4.1, the VIP plug-in gets scanned in, but does not appear in any of my Browser views. Looked everywhere - Instruments, Effects, Vendor, Flat, Type - nada - nothing - not there.

I checked S1 V4.1's PuginScanner log, and the VIP plugin is being scanned in:

2018/10/16 16:22:33.367 [Info]: Adding file 56: "file:///C:/Program Files/VstPlugIns/VIP_x64.dll"
2018/10/16 16:22:33.770 [Info]: UI Status: Scanning 56 of 415: VIP_x64
2018/10/16 16:22:33.771 [Info]: Class data already cached for: VIP_x64

Tried the usual suspects: removing the Location libraries for scanning and adding them back, resetting the Blacklist (anybody now how to see the actual blacklist?), disabling anti-virus, starting S1 in Administrator mode - no difference. The plugin gets scanned in, but is not available for use in S1 4.1 (works OK in S1 3.5.6).

Any ideas/suggestions?

Is anybody successfully using the AKAI VIP software (3.1.1) as a Plugin in S1 V4.1?

Thanks,
Danny V
by dddvvv on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:38 am
Solved the problem.

(But I do have questions re: the blacklist functionality - why do plugins get blacklisted, and how come plugins that got scanned and worked fine in S1 3.5.x are not scanned, are not available, or get blacklisted in S1 4.x?)

I had to go to my "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64" folder.

Copied and renamed the "Plugins-en.settings" file (as a backup just in case).

Opened the "Plugins-en.settings" file up with Notepad (you can do this for all the .settings files).

Searched for "VIP" (the plugin name) and found:

<Section path="8289F435/VIP_x64.dll">
<Attributes numClasses="0">
<DateTime x:id="modifiedTime" time="2018/05/17 11:58:36.000"/>
<Version x:id="version"/>
</Attributes>
</Section>

The "<Attributes numClasses" tag is set to "0" - I had to change its value to "1".
<Attributes numClasses="1">

Re-started S1 4.1, and the VIP plug-in is now visible in the Browser, is usable (and it works nicely).

Hope this helps somebody,
Danny V

I got the solution from this link:
https://answers.presonus.com/28610/does ... ok-plugins

Look towards the bottom of thread for:

Some of my plugins got blacklisted, and after trying everything including 'Reset Blacklist' button, reinstalling plugins, restarting scanning S1-4 etc - I found the following solution to make them appear again.

NOTE: Below is the answer of wes8 if you want to reinstall S1 - My solution is if you are comfortable with quickly editing a file in a text editor:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open Studio One 4
In the menu bar go to Help --> Open Settings Folder
Look inside the "x64" folder for the Plugins-en.settings file [MAKE A COPY just in case]
Open the Plugins-en.settings file in any text editor
CLOSE S1 app
In your editor search for your plugin for example "Tube Delay"

You might now find an entry for VST2 and/or VST3 depending what you installed:

<Section path="B6B24A14/Tube Delay.dll"> AND/OR <Section path="0CE10D5D/Tube Delay.vst3">
Directly underneath one of these lines you will find this:
CHANGE TO <Attributes numClasses="1">

IF you now go "FInd next" in your editor you might also find pathes - you can ignore them:
<Url type="1" url="file:///C:/Program Files/Vstplugins/Softube/Tube Delay.dll"/>
<Url type="1" url="file:///C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Tube Delay.vst3"/>

REPEAT for all your plugins.

SAVE the file
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you now open S1 your plugins should all show.
I think after a blacklist these plugins stay hidden and the 'Reset Blacklist' fails to make the changes to make them appear again.

by BobF on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 am
Thanks for circling back with the solution

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by BobF on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:14 am
dddvvv wroteSolved the problem.

I had to go to my "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64" folder.

Copied and renamed the "Plugins-en.settings" file (as a backup just in case).

Opened the "Plugins-en.settings" file up with Notepad (you can do this for all the .settings files).

Searched for "VIP" (the plugin name) and found:

<Section path="8289F435/VIP_x64.dll">
<DateTime x:id="modifiedTime" time="2018/05/17 11:58:36.000"/>
<Version x:id="version"/>
</Attributes>
</Section>

The "<Attributes numClasses" tag is set to "0" - I had to change its value to "1".
<Attributes numClasses="1">

Re-started S1 4.1, and the VIP plug-in is now visible in the Browser, is usable (and it works nicely).

Hope this helps somebody,
Danny V

Just installed VIP and it was a no-show. The above edit fixed it.

Thanks again Danny

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by spectacular g on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:28 am
Huge help for me this morning. THANK YOU!! Saved me a bunch of time and hassle.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1