2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'd love to add RP4 to my toolkit, though I already have Melodyne Studio 4. I'm just not finding any evidence that it handles multitonal tracks the way Melodyne does. All these demo videos are about single line vocal tracks.

Does anyone know if it compares with Melodyne on this?

Windows 10
i7 6700k @4.00G, 32GB ram
PreSonus Studio 6|8
Studio One 5 Pro
by gregschumacher on Mon May 11, 2020 1:18 pm
I searched for anything concerning Revoice and found your post. Surprised no one responded.
I've been using Melodyne Studio 4 also. Working on multiple tracks is awesome. I also have Revoice Pro 4. Melodyne has a much better GUI, IMO.
The reason I got Revoice is that I want to align multiple background vocals quickly. I tried Vocalign Project and didn't like it. It should be free. When Revoice went on sale I decided why mess around, and upgraded.

I'm having a lot of frustration with Revoice. I'm sure its my fault. But it is crashing Studio One for me.
Anyway, they both can create artificial doubled vocals. They both can pitch correct, and you can align harmonies in both.
I like pitch correction in Melodyne. Melodyne is more intuitive I think. However aligning 8 tracks of vocals is tedious. I have tried the time macro, but was dissatisfied. And I rarely use the pitch macro on the whole song at once because of consonant artifacts. I want to just tune the meat of the note, not the consonants, and not the attacks or fall offs. They are expressive. But the meat of the note I like to be dead on for the most part.

Background vocals are not as critical, however it is tedious and time consuming to line them all up. I have found it fun and interesting as I learn, but once learned, is not as fun. This is why I got Vocalign and then Revoice Pro. Once of the big functions of Revoice is doubled vocals, but I hate the sound of a fake double. I would rather align a real double any day. But I'm finding Revoice to be frustrating and not as intuitive to use, and freezing up Studio One often is frustrating.

Revoice doesn't seem to function in Studio One like Melodyne as far as being integrated like a plug in would be. I really find that awkward.

So, I would be interested to see where you went with this stuff after you posted last October.

Important to keep in mind that you cannot really use them both on the same track without rendering one first. The separate algo's don't play well together at all. Probably should align first in Revoice, render it, and then pitch correct.
Funny how all of this seems like it should be so much easier to you start to try to align and pitch correct 2 doubled tracks and 6 harmony tracks, and it gets complicated really fast!

2 posts
Page 1 of 1