10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Shamelessly quoting myself cause I never got this answered:

(May 2018)
I really would like to know, if there's a plan for some kind of "upgrade path" by Presonus? Now that I bought one of the compressors, I might definitely go for one of the bigger packages or the full collection later.

ATM it seems like I'll have to pay twice, not a good option. Will there be upgrade options, Presonus?

I still cannot see any upgrade option. Now I own a StudioLive Series 3 Mixer and I'm thinking about buying the Modern Classics bundle. Then I will have 4 out of 11 plugins. What's gonna happen if I want to buy the full collection later?

On the side: I find if pretty weird that a German shop lists these plugins as native / vst plugins. I guess typo or are there 2 different packages?

https://www.pluginshopberlin.de/Bundles ... eferid=620
by Jemusic on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 pm
You can buy the individual bundles and build up your Fat Channel plug-in collection that way. Or buy the whole lot and that price works out a bit less. In my case for example $930 compared to buying the whole bundle for $715. So this represents a fairly decent saving. $215. I have got them all by the way and they are all fantastic. Well worth it in my opinion.

As far as I know the Purchased PreSonus bundle are VST's that can be opened up in other DAW's I suppose. The free ones are Fat Channel only. The other Fat Channel bundles are Fat Channel plug-ins only. You need to be in Studio One, have a Fat Channel loaded and then select these as necessary.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by BrentJammer on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:01 am
My question remains unanswered. So (in denial of what the rest of the software world is offering) Fat Channel plugins cannot be upgraded to the full collection, meaning at some point you'll pay twice or are stuck with buying all plugins piece by piece.

In Euro that means 11x80€ = ~880€ instead of 500€ for the collections price, difference of ~380€ which is the price of a professional DAW (pun intended).

Strange I cannot see my purchased Fat Channel plugins in my VST folder, the Presonus installer never asked for it. But good to know they can be used like that, thanks for clarification.
by BrentJammer on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:40 am
At least for the Plugin I purchased at Presonus I cannot seem to find a way to install as VST.

The manual also says nothing about that. I've asked at the store now, maybe they know.
by BrentJammer on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:25 am
Quick update: Store confirmed it's a typo and there's no VST version of these plugins. It doesn't exist.
by brettgoodkin on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:04 am
You’ve answers your own question sadly

However... be patient as they tend to use those things as gifts and run crazy sales after they’ve been around awhile

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by darrenporter1 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 am
IMO the Fat Channel plugins are WAY too expensive, even at 50% off. They are not so far better than everything else out there to justify their high cost.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by mikemanthei on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 am
darrenporter1 wroteIMO the Fat Channel plugins are WAY too expensive, even at 50% off. They are not so far better than everything else out there to justify their high cost.

Yeah, they're trying to Leverage The Euphoria of modeling some Boutique analog Hardware. But it's good to remember that when you copy some old analog gear, it's just like modern stuff except there's more noise. So if you want to catch the old analog Vibe, just use a modern compressor and add a noise generator and invent your own! :-)

And my speech to text generator is randomly capitalizing Words, which I find entertaining. So there's some emphasis in that text that's not mine. :-)

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by darrenporter1 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:00 pm
mikemanthei wrote
darrenporter1 wroteIMO the Fat Channel plugins are WAY too expensive, even at 50% off. They are not so far better than everything else out there to justify their high cost.

Yeah, they're trying to Leverage The Euphoria of modeling some Boutique analog Hardware. But it's good to remember that when you copy some old analog gear, it's just like modern stuff except there's more noise. So if you want to catch the old analog Vibe, just use a modern compressor and add a noise generator and invent your own! :-)

And my speech to text generator is randomly capitalizing Words, which I find entertaining. So there's some emphasis in that text that's not mine. :-)

Well there is a lot more to modelling a piece of hardware than that. All of the tubes, transistors, transformers, potentiometer values and tapers... even the choice of resistor and capacitor types and tolerances all add their own little bits that sum-up to the sound and "vibe" of a piece of analog gear. Line up ten vintage "identical" compressors and they will each sound a bit different.

I am NOT saying one is better than the other by the way... each person has to choose what works best for them. This is an artform after all :thumbup:

But yeah I do agree they are trying to milk the "vintage vibe" thing with their pricing.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Blades on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 pm
Yeah.

But when you are able to take advantage of those times when they add models for free.

Well... :+1

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..

10 posts
Page 1 of 1