7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I updated my East West Play software from 5.0.4 to 5.0.6, and the next time I started Studio one 4.1 it couldn't scan the vst and blacklisted it. Oddly enough Play 5.0.6 works on my version of Studio one 3 (I have both installed on the same pc) I have uninstalled and reinstalled Play several times, even went back to version 5.0.4 (which was working in Studio One 4.1 until I updated it) and neither version of Play will scan in Studio One 4.1 and is blacklisted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled studio one 4.1 and ran a registry cleaner, to no avail. I did a clean install of just the vst3 for Play 5.0.6, no joy. I ran studio one 4.1 as administrator, nothing works. Play is still working on studio one version 3, but not on version 4.1, which I just purchased recently. I have submitted a support ticket but haven't heard back yet. I need a solution please.

Soundcloud YouTube
System specs:AMD 5950X, 128gig DDR4 RAM, ASUS ProArt X570-Creator WIFI MB, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME system drive, (2) 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME sound library drives, multiple SSD's, GTX 3080ti Video card, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, RME Fireface UFX
by Kreshy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 pm
So as a last ditch effort, I reset the blacklist, disabled my anti virus, and ran Studio One 4.1 as an administrator, and it finally scanned the VST3. I then added the VST2 .dll of Play and did the same procedure and Studio One scanned the VST2 and is working properly for now. I shut down and restarted the computer, and when I restarted Studio One 4.1 it did a normal VST scan and loads properly. No idea why disabling my antivirus did the trick, hopefully it continues to work properly. Will I need to do this every time I add a new VST? Doesn't seem right.

Soundcloud YouTube
System specs:AMD 5950X, 128gig DDR4 RAM, ASUS ProArt X570-Creator WIFI MB, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME system drive, (2) 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME sound library drives, multiple SSD's, GTX 3080ti Video card, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, RME Fireface UFX
by Bbd on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:12 am
Glad you got it working now. No you don't normally have to go thru all that every time. Let's us know if it happens again.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by lfo2k on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am
I had the problem that falcon was blacklistet, after i did install the new version. After new installation of S1 4.1 he did blacklistet even all my Plug-ins

Glad i found your workaround. Now i can use S1 4.1 again. Thanks!
I will paste this thread in the ticket i did open for my problem.
by lfo2k on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:48 am
Hm, Just installed the Eventide SP2016 VST, and it is tge same problem. S1 4.1 does not recognize it, and does black list it on second.

I again did reset blacklist, closed S1, opened it as administrator and it did mess up again ALL my plug-ins.

Sitting here again and i am upset.

Would someone from presonus please HELP?
by PreAl on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:59 am
Did you try disabling your virus scanner as was suggested earlier on? It is works try excluding the folder paths from real time scan, better still get a better virus scanner!

Otherwise try the advise here (removing and adding plugin paths):
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=32181

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by estolad on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:44 am
I get this everytime something changes in the vst's. Solution is easy, but cumbersome.

1. Scan plugins. Stuff gets blacklisted.
2. Reset blacklist.
3. Reboot computer.
4. Start S1 and it will properly scan the plugins.

Might be easier for step 3 to delete some file somewhere, but I didn't look into this.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1