26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I can concur I've been having this issue also which makes it frustrating to make edits. I just double click to split the region and the arrange view jumps to out of bounds areas and I have to scroll to find where I was. I found this thread about the timebase, and checked mine, and it has been set to Time Linear, so I too hope this is fixed in the next iteration. I've owned S1 though many versions and this is the only one that has had this issue.

I had been wondering if I had inadvertently overlooked some new setting or something in the prefs that was doing this...is there anything else to select?

Studio One 4; Mac Mini i7; 16 GB RAM, Mojave
by pheldal on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:56 pm
jstummbillig wroteSadly, all drivers (on both workstations) are up to date. Can you (or anyone else) even replicate the issue? I am absolutely stunned that this issue seems to be flying under the radar.

I see exactly the same. Any split, and I find myself usually back at the beginning of the track.

As there were problems accessing the main menu in fullscreen on MacOS Mojave with S1v3x I was forced to upgrade to 4.x, and now this. Lately I've been using S1 to record and post-process live performances, and this involve a lot of split/cut/muse sections to clean things up. It is often not feasible to split the recording into individual songs, but with this bug S1 is completely useless for the task at hand.

Edit: found the workaround w/linear timebase, but come on ....
by mixus on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm
pheldal wroteEdit: found the workaround w/linear timebase, but come on ....

I started having this problem with 4.1, and after reading this thread, I checked to see how my timebase was set, and it has been linear timebase all along. So that wasn't a fix for me, unfortunately.

Studio One 4; Mac Mini i7; 16 GB RAM, Mojave
by davidvilleneuve1 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:59 pm
BobF wroteTry right-clicking the timeline and select timebase = time-linear if it isn't already selected.

My savior !! thank you soooo much!!
by Lokeyfly on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 am
Yeah, deselecting time base linear was how I stumbled across this annoying behavior on my own. Once I updated to v4 and started making event edits, I couldn't understand why during every slice of an event, or deletion of an event, the track and all following events would jump that same amount to the left. I was like " what the hell is this?", and how do I get rid of it. Effectively, timebase- linear is NOT a multi track item, but for single track use only. Typically, editing out any mis ques, bad takes while pulling in what is after. For example pulling in more time for commercials. Yeah, that bad editing you often hear during narration where pauses get chopped, as a for instance.

In Pro Tools, this is called shuffle mode, and it works on all tracks where it is much more effective. Why a single track does this in a multitrack environment, I don't get, because it throws timing off of other tracks of course after the edit.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by niles on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 am
davidvilleneuve1 wrote
BobF wroteTry right-clicking the timeline and select timebase = time-linear if it isn't already selected.

My savior !! thank you soooo much!!
AFAIK this was fixed in update 4.1.1 (October 30, 2018). Beat-Linear should work as expected. Are you running the latest version (currently 4.1.3 from Jan. 24, 2019)?

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO

26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2