2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Well, I've been messing around with Studio One 3 on my new Surface Pro i5 and I am reasonably impressed.

For what I am doing it is almost the perfect solution, being very portable. I am currently sat in a motorhome park in Vienna with my Surface Pro powered from the leisure battery, QUAD-CAPTURE hooked up, and with the power settings on max it handles stuff quite well.

Yes, I have to render stuff when things get too busy, but I was doing that anyway on my i7 laptop.

Once VSTi are rendered I have Timeless, Pro-R, MGranularMB and Adaptiverb running in separate busses and the CPU monitor is sitting comfortably at around 34%.

Only real gripe is that some VST/VSTi GUI on the hi-res monitor are too small.

Some, like the Arturia stuff, can be re-sized. But NI Absynth, for instance, cannot and is therefore too small to see on the little 12" monitor.

And Sandman Pro is really weird in that even though the GUI can be resized it doesn't look right and the widgets are not shown in the right place:-

In the bottom right hand corner there is a help window showing that I am hovering over the Width widget which is actually visible near the middle of the screenshot.

Shame that... Hopefully some time in the future this issue will be fixed, although I am only assuming it is a Studio One 3 issue...

cheers

andy

Home Page | SoundCloud | Bandcamp

Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum | |Studio One Pro | Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
by andymorris2 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:20 am
I thought I'd install Reaper, just to see how it handles VST GUI.

Absynth GUI looks fine as does Sandman Pro so it appears that the GUI sizing issue is with Studio One only.

I must admit that I am a bit disappointed about this because I have just spend the last ten months getting to grips with Studio One, and really liking it.

I suppose I could use Reaper while "out and about" and then switch back to Studio One for my "studio" projects. But what I would really like to see is PreSonus sorting out this issue of GUI sizing on high resolution monitors.

Home Page | SoundCloud | Bandcamp

Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum | |Studio One Pro | Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio

2 posts
Page 1 of 1