158 postsPage 1 of 8
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
Dear Studio One Users,

this is the official discussion thread for Studio One 4.1.0.

Find the release notes in the 4.1 announcement:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=31718

Best!

Tom Scheutzlich
QA Manager, PreSonus Software Ltd, Hamburg, Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
MacBook Air (M2, 2022), Lenovo ThinkPad E15 G4 Ryzen 7 dual boot Win 11 + Ubuntu Studio 23.10 / Mac mini (M1, 2020) / Samsung U32J59x 31,5" 4K (3840 × 2160) / macOS 14 Beta Path / PreSonus ioStation24c / Korg MS-20 + SQ-1 / moog Opus 3 / Arturia Minibrute / misc plugs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
some audible fun stuff: https://soundcloud.com/317wurst/tracks
by jpettit on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:53 am
Wow, thanks, guys.
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/whats-new
phpBB [video]

https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

My Favorites:
Some Tempo Love:
• Tempo Automation
• Improved manual tempo mapping with Scale Time tool
• Tap tempo via keyboard shortcut
• Tempo map added to rendered click file

Some Macro love:
• The macro bar now stores the last page viewed per editor
Some plugin in love:
• [Windows 10] System DPI scaling option for third-party plug-ins
:thumbup:

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Trucky on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:54 am

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by nickclube on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:12 am
Very nice and good to see such a lot of dedicated hard work being done by the devs. Tempo mapping is very useful and an excellent implementation -thanks.

Bitterly disappointed however to see that drum midi editing has not yet been remedied:
* Drum maps are still stubbornly displaying upside down with no option to reverse them back to standard view.
* We still don't have back the version 1,2 and 3 ability to lasso a range of notes in the midi editor and then amend velocity and other parameters as a group. The current behaviour is such a backwards step and time-costly.unable to select pitch notes.

Nick
Custom PC Intel CPU, Win 7 (x64) 16 GB RAM, RME Fireface UCX, Studio One Pro 3
Music is a gift of God
by Bbd on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:18 am
Woot Woot!!!
Thanks much!
New tempo mapping and plugin scaling!
:+1

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by darrenporter1 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:34 am
yeah plugin scaling and keyboard tap-tempo are awesome adds! Need to look at this ATOM thingie too... I wonder how much you can customize it's functionality for controlling other plugins besides Impact.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by arndkaiser on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:43 am
darrenporter1 wroteyeah plugin scaling and keyboard tap-tempo are awesome adds! Need to look at this ATOM thingie too... I wonder how much you can customize it's functionality for controlling other plugins besides Impact.

ATOM can control any plug-in or instrument. Assign any parameter to the knobs. It can always control the editor or create and edit Patterns, wince those are Studio One features.

Arnd Kaiser - General Manager - PreSonus Software
____________________________________________________________________________________
M1 Mac Book Pro (13" - 2020) / LG 5K UltraFine Display / macOS 13.4 / PreSonus Revelator io44

"friends don't let friends clap on one and three"
by sirmonkey on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am
nickclube wroteVery nice and good to see such a lot of dedicated hard work being done by the devs. Tempo mapping is very useful and an excellent implementation -thanks.

Bitterly disappointed however to see that drum midi editing has not yet been remedied:
* Drum maps are still stubbornly displaying upside down with no option to reverse them back to standard view.
* We still don't have back the version 1,2 and 3 ability to lasso a range of notes in the midi editor and then amend velocity and other parameters as a group. The current behaviour is such a backwards step and time-costly.unable to select pitch notes.

This has not been my experience. I just started using the drum track editor, and it works so much better than the midi piano roll for drums. It is definitely easy to select groups of notes, and adjust their velocities all at once. Perhaps I misunderstand something, or maybe S1 is behaving different for you than it is for me.
I finally struck gold with the drum editor. What I have been trying to do for ages is replicate some audio drum loops that my guitar pedal produces, and convert them to midi. The next part is then using EZ Drummer to produce more grooves, fills, and variations, to make the drums for whole songs (instead of one static loop, over and over). With the drum editor, it is so much easier to line things up.
I tried the pattern editor first, which was workable, but pretty difficult for this task. I had to set the resolution to 128 beats per measure to get the midi drums to line up.

With the drum editor, it was so much easier. It took me about 5 minutes to do what I've been after for a few years!

* It did help to turn the song tempo down from 125 BPM to 60 BPM.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by j0001s on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am
Appreciate if/when anyone can confirm if the NVidia driver bug (lockup on plugin scan) that has us roll back the audio driver has been addressed. I wouldn't worry about it, except the driver sometimes updates even when I tell it no. I didn't notice it in the list, though I may have missed it.
by cpowell on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:11 am
Where is the time scale tool? How do I use it?

Studio One 5 Professional
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by jpettit on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:16 am
cpowell wroteWhere is the time scale tool? How do I use it?

Ctrl/Cmd Drag

Working on a quick video....
SETUP:
Cursor follows Edit = On
Auto Scroll = On
Time Base = Bars AND time-linear

Mapping Audio
Set your guide track to Tempo = Don’t Follow
(You are aligning the grid to the guide track)
Detect Transient for Track
(Easy to finds the beats and you can hide them later)

Mapping MIDI
Set your guide track to Tempo = Seconds
Set Draw Event Translucent = On
(Easy to align the bar with start of note)

MAPPING:
DO NOT ADD Tempo Points and drag them to the downbeat (It does not work)
1) Identified the downbeat in the audio
2) Ctrl/Cmd Drag the closest bar to the downbeat and a data point will automatically be added when you release the drag
3) Repeat for each bar working left to right.
NOTE: You can use the same Ctrl/Cmd-drag to fine-tune bars or map beats within a bar if needed

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by cpowell on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:26 am
I cannot successfully import Markers from one Song to another. Importing tempo works, tracks, automation, etc.. works, but I have not been able to import Markers using Import Song Data. It looks like it should work, but does not. Am I doing it wrong? Can someone confirm?

RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by cpowell on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:28 am
Thank you for showing Time Scale Tool. Thank you.

RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by jpettit on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:29 am
cpowell wroteI cannot successfully import Markers from one Song to another. Importing tempo works, tracks, automation, etc.. works, but I have not been able to import Markers using Import Song Data. It looks like it should work, but does not. Am I doing it wrong? Can someone confirm?

Worked for me on Win 10.

1) Create a song with markers and saved
2) Open new song and imported data with marker checked off on import options
3) Markers are imported

by cpowell on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:33 am
jpettit wrote
cpowell wroteI cannot successfully import Markers from one Song to another. Importing tempo works, tracks, automation, etc.. works, but I have not been able to import Markers using Import Song Data. It looks like it should work, but does not. Am I doing it wrong? Can someone confirm?

Worked for me on Win 10.

Did you have to select something else to make it work? Are there any other criteria that must be met for this to work? Like when you have have to have an envelope for Importing a Bus to work. What is the trick to getting Markers to Import via Import Song Data? It's driving me crazy...

RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by PreAl on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:34 am
j0001s wroteAppreciate if/when anyone can confirm if the NVidia driver bug (lockup on plugin scan) that has us roll back the audio driver has been addressed. I wouldn't worry about it, except the driver sometimes updates even when I tell it no. I didn't notice it in the list, though I may have missed it.

I think Presonus should at least say something about it.
A knowledge base article perhaps.
Anyway check this out..

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disa ... windows-10

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by mariedus on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:39 am
If I goto:

There are different sides in languages, I mean the English side is actualised to 4.1, but I had always the German translation and so its the old side from version 4.0

Windows 10 Pro 1809 (x64) | 2x Xeon E5-2697 (2,3 GHz) | 128 GB Ram | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB M.2 | RME HDSPe AIO | Nektar Panorama P6 | Presonus Studio One Pro v4.x | some VSTi
by cpowell on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:39 am
cpowell wrote
jpettit wrote

Worked for me on Win 10.

Did you have to select something else to make it work? Are there any other criteria that must be met for this to work? Like when you have have to have an envelope for Importing a Bus to work. What is the trick to getting Markers to Import via Import Song Data? It's driving me crazy...

I got it. You have to select "Events" as well as "Marker Track." If you do not select "Events," the Marker Track does not import. Thank you.

RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by jpettit on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:40 am
cpowell wrote
jpettit wrote

Worked for me on Win 10.

Please try the exact three steps (Above) I did with a test song to see if you can confirm.

by jpettit on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:42 am
mariedus wroteIf I goto:

There are different sides in languages, I mean the English side is actualised to 4.1, but I had always the German translation and so its the old side from version 4.0

I think they are working on it. In the meantime, you seem to be bi-lingual. ;)

158 postsPage 1 of 8
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8