7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to get a "fold" view (showing only notes used) view in the midi editor ?
by Jemusic on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:55 pm
Can you explain this a little better. Never heard of Fold view so not sure what you actually mean. Explain a situation in more detail i.e. what would you like to be able to do in the midi editor.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by anhtuvu on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:39 pm
''Fold'' view only shows the active notes on your piano roll. For example, if you have midi notes on C4 and B4 and hit ''fold'', the piano editor will only show the keyboard range from C4 to B4 with its corresponding notes.
by BobF on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:59 pm
SHIFT-E and SHIFT-W will zoom in/out vertically, with multiple key presses. I don't see a single button or key stroke to automatically zoom to the full range of notes used.

In Drum mode, the part editor can be set to Hide Unused. This might get you what you want combine with vertical zooming if you're editing drums/percussion. Not very useful for keys ...

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by rickpilger on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:19 pm
I know this is old Post but only post I found on subject that did not answer the question. The answer is this is done by a keyboard shortcut. Go to keyboard shortcuts, search for hide, assign a key to hide unused, hit apply and you are done
by ketanpatel on Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:14 pm
rickpilger wroteI know this is old Post but only post I found on subject that did not answer the question. The answer is this is done by a keyboard shortcut. Go to keyboard shortcuts, search for hide, assign a key to hide unused, hit apply and you are done

Hi I cant find hide unused for piano roll please help. thanks
by Jemusic on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 pm
The fold option is an Ableton thing. The Hide Unused option is only available in drum view, not in the normal piano roll view from what I can see. Also in drum view you have to have the track connected to an instrument as well before that Hide Unused option even works.

But I would say the fold option is not available in the normal piano roll.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

7 posts
Page 1 of 1