3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone, I am having an issue with my sustain midi messages in virtual instruments besides Presence. I have used Air Instruments Hybrid and Xpand! with no issues before, but for some reason, with this computer, I cannot figure out the issue. In recording and playback with Presence, the sustain works as it should. In recording with 3rd -party virtual instruments, the sustain is fine. However in playback, my sustain pedal is canceling out many of my notes altogether. My filters are off, I cannot change polarity, and as I mentioned, Presence is fine. Only my third party instruments are having these issues. I have also tried Addictive Keys.

My controller is a Yamaha MX61, and the sustain is the stock Yamaha pedal. My version of S1 is 2.6.5.

Thanks for any help.

Also, I am using USB MIDI with this setup.

Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 133 MHz DDR3, Studio One 2.6.5.whatever the latest update is.......Also both the new Garageband and the version before it. Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Casio WK-200 as USB/MIDI controller.... To think I still constantly max my CPU monitoring at 32 samples.........
by phillipdixon on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:45 pm
In edit view ( piano roll)
Check to see if your recording double notes
Drag a midi note there might be another.often
Smaller under it i had this prob with studio logic
Piano had to change settings on keyboard
If there is duplication it will cancel sounding

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by Chris A on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:05 pm
Thank you, I will check. It didn't appear to be so in the piano roll but I will try dragging them out.

Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 133 MHz DDR3, Studio One 2.6.5.whatever the latest update is.......Also both the new Garageband and the version before it. Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Casio WK-200 as USB/MIDI controller.... To think I still constantly max my CPU monitoring at 32 samples.........

3 posts
Page 1 of 1