7 posts
Page 1 of 1
My midi sustain pedal will not record. I hear it perfectly while recording, but on playback, it doesn't work (or look) right. It sees the pedal "hit" but it releases right away and doesn't hold like it should.

I have tried several files and several midi setups (straight usb, midi through audiobox, etc.)

I'm sure there is a quick answer, so I would love one. thanks! :)

(let me know if you need more information)
by scottyo7 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:14 am
Maybe not your exact issue but this post over in the "General Discussion" forum will hopefully point you in the right area...
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=3090

More info about your PC and gear posted in a "signature" will help others know what you have if you need more detailed help. See this:
https://forums.presonus.com/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Sounds4Heaven on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:22 am
joshpierce wroteMy midi sustain pedal will not record. I hear it perfectly while recording, but on playback, it doesn't work (or look) right. It sees the pedal "hit" but it releases right away and doesn't hold like it should.

This is probably caused by a "polarity" issue, related to the type of pedal you use and/or the MIDI keyboard (or other interface) it's plugged into and/or the way it's set.

A quick search led me to the following page. Check it out for more info
http://www.haydockmusic.com/reviews/sus ... Fs878nRUig

;)

Studio One Pro 2.6.5. Main PC: Asus with Intel i5 @ 3.3 GHz, 4 cores, 8GB RAM, Win7
by derVodi on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:16 am
In order to have sustain recorded...

1. The instrument output must not be "none".
2. The "monitor" button* must be activated

FYI: This question was answered on 30/9/2011 in the old forum,which still is a very valuable place to look for answers.

In my opinion this is a bug and not a feature. But I have no hope that the S1 developers will ever change that behaviour.

*The monitor button is that small speaker symbol in every track.
by celticlightning on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:04 pm
I'm not sure if people are still having this issue, but I am and I think I figured it out. Please refer to the two pictures I've uploaded. I created a MIDI track and have my KRONOS X hooked up to SO3, no problems there and the MIDI transmits just fine. The sustain pedal is recognized, but doesnt actually sustain the notes. If you right-click on the MIDI track you created and then click "Show/Hide Automation", you can then click on the "Display Off" tab on the track to add automation. Like Picture 1,
Studio one 3 sustain 2.jpg
you'll get a list of automation you can add to the track. Click on the first folder that says "MIDI Controller", and "Sustain" will be one of the options. Click on the "Add" button to add it to the track. Now refer to Picture 2.
Studio One 3 Sustain.jpg
Make sure that Sustain is selected and powered on like in the picture. Also make sure that you have your MIDI keyboard selected and powered on in the top right corner of whatever VST you're using. At this point, when I push down on the sustain pedal it shows that it's at 100% when pushed down, and 0% when not pushed down. In Picture 2, in the top left, you'll see that, in my case, control 1 (aka the sustain pedal) is ready to control the level of sustain on the track, as the arrow is pointing from control 1 to the sustain parameter. All you have to do is click that arrow, and once it's lit up in yellow, you should be successfully controlling the sustain of your VST with your MIDI keyboard. Let me know if this doesnt work for you guys and i'll try to help any way I can!
by edwinoliver on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:34 pm
I beat my brains out trying to get the sustain pedal to work. After almost two days, I decided to try defining my external device as "New Keyboard" without any other input from me (except making sure that all the channels were selected). I then unplugged and re-plugged from the USB port my Impakt-LX88 keyboard. The reason, I believe, is the driver interface for Studio One that came with my keyboard was the problem. Now, Studio One will let me hear and record the sustain pedal.
by chrissugden on Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:48 am
Thank you so much! This has saved me such a lot of time - I realize this is 7 years after your posting, so I hope you read this. Thanks again, Celtic lightning.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1