8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Starting with s1 pro v4 I’m having all sorts of problems loading the latest plugin alliance bx plugins (ssl, mastering desk, ssl buss comp)... the behavior is this: drag plugin alliance onto a track but the plugin doesn’t populate.

This seems be a problem with existing songs... I I start a brand new song with zero plugins the plugin alliance box plugins instantiate just fine... trying it on an existing tune (even one created in v4 +) it’s a no go

It doesn’t seem to matter if I have my buffer set to 32 or 4048... even when I have almost nothing moving the cpu monitor.

I know others are experiencing the same thing but get run off the 4.1 discussion thread when they bring it up.

What’s the problem??? Anybody come up with a solution?

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by miked7 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:55 am
Have you tried reinstalling your PA plugins? I seem to recall they came out with some updates recently. Maybe the older version is somehow locked into SO3? Just a guess. Sorry, I haven't had any issues.

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2
by WaterlooSunset on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:22 am
For what its worth (and a great song)
I think all but one of these had an update. I just installed them.
One of them (stereo or shred) would not show up not matter how many times i dragged it. Then after loading some of the other ones it would drag and show up.
Now they all show up and seem to work. Tried on a current 4.01 song. Not through heavy paces. ymmv
I dont use them much these days. Dont know why, i liked shred and stereo spread.

meter
opto
rockrack
shred spread
stereo maker
Maag eq
spl attacker

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by Bbd on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:26 am
@brettgoodkin
I would try just one of the plugs on an older song and see if it shows up.
Then another until you can narrow down the plug(s).
If they all don't show, you may need to uninstall them and reinstall.
You can open a support ticket for this as well.
You will need to provide them the exact versions you are running for Studio One and your plugs.

Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by brettgoodkin on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:41 am
For clarity’s sake:

This behavior is present on the neve and both new ssl bx channel strips, the townhouse compressor and the brand new bx master desk

I suspect that it may have something to do with the zero latency deal within s1....

Again, I know I’m not the only experiencing this in s1 on Windows 10, so I’m hoping the other cats show up and sound off

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by sirmonkey on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am
Here's stab in the dark:
I had a similar problem (if not the same) with another plugin manufacturer. After a while, I noticed that the problem only occurred when I had wifi on. But I had no problems when wifi was off. It had something to do with some "permissions" thingy.
So, you might see if the behavior changes when wifi is on versus off- before starting up Studio One.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by brettgoodkin on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 am
sirmonkey wroteHere's stab in the dark:
I had a similar problem (if not the same) with another plugin manufacturer. After a while, I noticed that the problem only occurred when I had wifi on. But I had no problems when wifi was off. It had something to do with some "permissions" thingy.
So, you might see if the behavior changes when wifi is on versus off- before starting up Studio One.

Hmm... I don’t have a WiFi card in this machine... I DID notice a benefit shutting down virus protection

by davidduarte on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:12 am
Not quite the same issue but when I open a session in progress random BX Console E and BX Console SSL 4000 E show as "Missing Device". I'm on S1 v3.5.6. PA support has been no help whatsoever a month in. Just opened a ticket with Presonus. I've uninstalled/reinstalled everything to no avail.

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] BxStudioOneVid2.mp4 [ 7.31 MiB | Viewed 5626 times ]

8 posts
Page 1 of 1