6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I hope some kind soul can help me with this newbie problem. I'm not sure if I'm missing something in how the mixer is configured or how Studio One is configured (or both).

My Setup
I using Studio One v4 with and StudioLive 16.4,2 mixer.

My Problem

I can successfully create a 7 track song using my Tyros 6 Yamaha keyboard using channels 1-7 of my StudioLive mixer. These are set to "recording mode". I can hear all seven tracks in real time while they are being created through my Phones.

When I switch the 7 channels on the StudioLive to "playback mode", and playback the song, I can hear and mix the seven tracks. So far so good.

However, when I try to add a new piano track using the Tyros Solo part routed to Channel 8 of the mixer with that Channel set to "recording mode", and Channels 1-7 set to "playback mode", I can hear the 7 existing tracks but not the new track as it is being created. I can SEE the track being created in the Studio One Console. I just can't hear it.

If I then switch Channels 1-8 of the Studio Live to a "playback mode, I can playback, hear and mix all eight tracks. But because I couldn't hear the 8th track when creating it that track 8 is completely "inconsistent" with the original seven tracks.

Am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Charles
by davewardzala on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:11 am
Do you need to turn input echo on (blue button next to the record button?)

Dave
Main Studio- Core i7 8700K @3.7GHz, 32Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, , Axiom 49 Midi Controller, ATOM Controller
Win10 Pro

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2, Akai MPKmini Controller
Win 10 x64 Home

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/ ... inal-music
by CharlesF on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:12 pm
Dave,

davewardzala wroteDo you need to turn input echo on (blue button next to the record button?)

Many thanks for the response. I will look for that and try it. I assume you mean a blue button on the track rather than somewhere else.

Regards,
Charles
by davewardzala on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 pm
CharlesF wroteDave,

davewardzala wroteDo you need to turn input echo on (blue button next to the record button?)

Many thanks for the response. I will look for that and try it. I assume you mean a blue button on the track rather than somewhere else.

Regards,
Charles

Correct.

Dave
Main Studio- Core i7 8700K @3.7GHz, 32Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, , Axiom 49 Midi Controller, ATOM Controller
Win10 Pro

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2, Akai MPKmini Controller
Win 10 x64 Home

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/ ... inal-music
by CharlesF on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:25 am
Dave,

Found the solution. I realized that the reason I couldn't hear the new track as it was being recorded was that new track (Track 15) was linked to Channel 15 of the mixer, a Channel that had no physical input coming from the the keyboard.

The solution was to copy one of the original tracks that did have a physical input coming in from the keyboard to Track 15 in Studio One, delete the original track, and then record the new solo track to the original Track/Channel location in the song.

Not sure if any of this is explained as clearly as it might be, but things are now working the way I want.

Now I have to figure out how to merge tracks in Studio One to make room for additional tracks to be recorded.

Regards,
Charles.
by darrenporter1 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:20 am
CharlesF wrote
Now I have to figure out how to merge tracks in Studio One to make room for additional tracks to be recorded.

Regards,
Charles.

What do you mean by this? Are you concerned that your CPU can't handle that many tracks or are you worried about your mixer not having enough faders for all your tracks? Or something else?

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors

6 posts
Page 1 of 1