1 post
Page 1 of 1
This is more an observation statement rather than a thread that requires responses. Although please chime in if you have had similar issues.

As some of you know after V3.5 some of our external controller devices were missing. Or they may have been present in the External devices keyboard controllers, but not work.

A simple fix is to remove the device if it was still there and re-install it. It then works properly.

Tonight I was chasing a weird fault for quite a long time. After 3.5 one of my keyboard controllers was still present in External devices and it worked, except almost completely. All functions worked except the mod wheel. Everything else functioned normally. All note ons, pitch bend, after touch etc but no mod wheel. The actual controller was sending it and Studio One was getting it. It was showing up on the midi icon as an input signal. But it got no further. It looked like it was being filtered in the settings for that keyboard but no filter was set there. The activity meter in the track header will also be dead when this is happening. e.g. it responded to everything I was doing except the mod wheel.

I discovered this in V4 at first, and then I checked V3.5 that same situation existed.

All this took to fix was to remove it and re install it in the External Devices. After that all controller functions worked normally, Mod wheel included.

My v3.5 was still faulty and not sending any mod wheel. I rebooted that, removed and replaced the external device and it now functions normally.

The V3.5 situation with external devices (if it was a problem) has been carried over into V4.

My situation shows that although an external device may be present and seem to work, it can now be partially damaged rather than either not there at all or not working at all. Check all your controller functions to ensure they are all working. Because they can still be working but missing one or two signals not being passed on by Studio One. If you are wondering why your controller seems not to be doing certain things as it should, this may be the reason.

If this is happening to you, try removing and reinstalling the offending device in the External Devices area. Chances are it will be fine after doing so.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

1 post
Page 1 of 1