13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Looks automap 4 can't recognize studio one 4 - anyone have a solution?
by codyhazelle on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:17 am
Hmm I don't know anything about specific support, but SO4 should be able to use any general midi controller if you just set it up as a general midi controller. I find sometimes it's a bit weird/finicky and you have to play with some settings but it should work. For instance, if you have a softsynth/VST open, make sure that in the arranger window the correct midi input is selected. So make sure the input for Novation Impulse is selected.

I'm using a Korg MS2000 as my midi controller in SO3 so I'm sure an Impulse 61 would be fine...I mean my controller is literally 18 years old lol. The pitch wheel doesn't send midi data but oh well!

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen R7 1700 3GHz, Radeon RX 480, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 2, Studio One 4 Pro
by DJ_OXyGeNe_8 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:25 pm
I can only play - when I push keys, I can get sound. But can't record. record - play stop etc. not working.

New features:
- Added support for Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
- Added support for Presonus Studio One Three (64bit)

looks studio one 4 not added for their last version.
by LBH on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 pm
Have you set you controller up for Mackie HUI control?

Have a look at the following video at 4:13 and forward.
It's for Studio One 2, but it should be the same.
phpBB [video]

I don't have Studio One 4 or Novation Impulse, but i have Studio One 3 and Novation SL MKII.

Motherboard: Intel DH77KC
CPU: Intel I7 3770, 3,4 GHz, Quad core - Hyperthreading
SSD: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO series
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
DAW: Studio One 2 and 3 Professionel - 64 bit
Controller: Novation SL-MKII - Automap
Soundcard/ Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
All is Fully updated including BIOS and firmware.
by DJ_OXyGeNe_8 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:19 pm
Yes I did check that video; as you see in video, you can select Studio One - but I can't - I'm sure if I install 2.5, I'll see in menu.

mine looks

I should see like this;

by LBH on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:44 pm
Yes - but i guess you can't use that guide for Studio One 4 - at least yet. That's why i gave you the time in the video. You can set it up manually without the guide, and that's shown in the video too.

You just set it up thru Studio One 4 directly.

If you have Syudio One 2, and have used the guide for that, then simply redo the settings in Studio One 4 manually.

by DJ_OXyGeNe_8 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:49 pm
I found Automap 4.11 version, couldn't see it before - checked details and couldn't see support for Studio One 4

Adds support for Steinberg Cubase 9, Reason 9.5 and 10.

But I'll test. Previous version says;

- Added support for Presonus Studio One Three (64bit)
by LBH on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am
Have you tried to just set it up thru Studio One directly as i suggested no matter Novation has announced a support ot not.

Just try and do this:
1. Be sure Automap is running on your computer.
2. Open Studio One.
3. In Studio One - Go into the top menu Studio One/ Options/ External devices. Just do like shown in the video i posted at the time i posted.
4. Perhaps restart Studio One and perhaps also your computer.

All this can be done without the automap app guide that you have posted images for.

Did it work?

by DJ_OXyGeNe_8 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 am
It works actually - you can play virtual insturments. but it doesn't work as a controller - play, stop, record etc. not working.

anyway, I did leave a feedback to Novation for Studio One 4x support. Let's see what will thet write.
by klypeman on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Am looking it up but think the MCU control could do it and then setup as keyboard as well.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by klypeman on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 pm
Sorry to say my solution did'nt work but in Cubase 9.5 I used the Cubase 8 Automap settings and it did work as well in 9.5
Have since deleted Automap as I use Faderport 8 instead so am not able to test further.
Maybe the SO3 setup will work also ?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by klypeman on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:36 pm
Actually it works, you just need to install the Automap 4.11 start it and use the Studio One 3 setup
I ignore the plug-in mapping in general but you don't have to and it worked as a transport controller except for the loop button ?

:mrgreen:

Forum Moderator.

by roland-volkerrupp on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:54 am
I was having the same problem, however after setting up the SL and HUI in Options>External_Devices as instructed in the video posted above, I clicked on "Reconnect" and the HUI started working.

13 posts
Page 1 of 1