134 postsPage 4 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
joaohugo wroteWhen you save a FX Chain and you write it with a word you decided is not appropriate, there was an option before this update, to right click on the FX Chain and Delete. Now this option is gone.

And for me personally, this should require an entire update because this is more important than the soundcloud API or whatever,...

Just asking ... so please don't shoot me ...

... but why wouldn't you just go to the browser and rename the fx chain to something more appropriate instead of deleting it?
by stratmando on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm
bellsauce wroteImage

I literally spit wine out through my nose when I saw this! I don't care who you are, that is funny...

Major props my friend.

[b]Studio One Professional 2.6.4 [/b] [b]HP Beats Audio Special Edition 23-n010 [/b](Intel Core i5-4570T Processor, 64 Bit, 8GB DDR3L System Memory 1TB SATA 6G Solid State Hybrid Drive with 8GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 4600, 10 Point Touch Enabled 23" Widescreen,HP 3-in-1 Media Card Reader, Windows 8.1) HP ENVY Dv7 Notebook PC(Intel Corei7-3630 [email protected] GHz 64 bit OS x64 based processor, Windows 8.1) Novation Impulse 49 (No Automap) Audiobox 44VSL Audio Interface M-Audio Oxygen 25 Yamaha DTXplorer E- Drums M-Audio Axiom Pro 49
by oldblood on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 am
LMike wrote
joaohugo wroteWhen you save a FX Chain and you write it with a word you decided is not appropriate, there was an option before this update, to right click on the FX Chain and Delete. Now this option is gone.

And for me personally, this should require an entire update because this is more important than the soundcloud API or whatever,...

Just asking ... so please don't shoot me ...

... but why wouldn't you just go to the browser and rename the fx chain to something more appropriate instead of deleting it?

Well I thought that, then I thought perhaps I better not say, then thought am I missing what the OP is trying to say, then it was now and "frankly my dear I don't give a damn" and then I went to burn some food in the burning room (kitchen).

Clive

i5 @4.4Ghz, 16 GB Ram, GTX 550TI graphics OS:Win7 64
Focusrite Sappire Pro 24DSP,Nektar Impact LX88,
KRK Rokit 6, Cakewalk MA-150.
DAW S1 V3 Professional
Synths: Reason,
Plugs: Waves, Slate,Soundtoys, Eventide, Lexicon, Melda and various.
by wavelineaudio on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 pm
This messed up most of my plugins that are not showing anymore....downer update
by joaohugo on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 pm
Now you can't group Buses....
that's cool...
nor group channels in the mixer...saving fx chains and duplicating channels messes with my graphics card... that's cool too...

Oh, LMike, I have a 29" display 21:9, and I don't want to go all the way to the browser when had that choice in a very clever menu on the mixer by just right click. It was there, now it's not. Their fault not mine. And saying "oh why can't you do this or why do you need to do that" that's kinda childish. I come here to answers for a product I bought that was 100% functional and now it's not.

What you are saying is the same as buying a Microwave and you realize that it's not working, you go to the store complaining and the guy says "why don't you cook in the oven then?"

I honestly want to find out where is the previous installation setup because i dont give a damn about soundcloud integration when I can upload a 192k wave file to soundcloud opening chrome and this latest upgrade it's just very bad cooked. Yes I know that soundcloud encodes it to 44.1 128kbps.

If there is somebody out there that can help me find the previous version i would be so thankful.

Presonus ..help...

Custom Build Fanless Supermicro Workstation Xeon E3-1275 3.5Ghz - 16Gb 1600 ECC - System Disk PCI-e SSD OZ Revodrive 3 Scratch Disk WD Black 1Tb Windows 8.1 x64 - Midas VeniceF 16x16 Audio Interface
by Lawrence on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:23 pm
Now you can't group Buses..

It never did group bus channels afaik. Only audio and instrument tracks.

nor group channels in the mixer

Works here. Right click "Group Selected Tracks".

that's kinda childish.

Thanks. :) I was only asking why delete something and create it all over again instead of just rename it, that's all.

Anyway, I do still have 2.6.3 installed and I have no clue what you mean by right click delete of fx chains. Can you show me that in a graphic, what you mean? I have no clue what you mean.

Or if you don't actually want any help and just want to gripe, never mind, carry on.
by joaohugo on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:47 pm
Mike, that option as well as the delete option was available on the right click. My preference of deleting it or renaming it is not the issue here. This could not be an issue at all if we could create a folder on that FX Chains tree. Since that option is not available, I open windows explorer and create a folder inside the FX Chains folder first. It will not appear in Studio One right away. I save all FX Chains of song #1 on the main root then I go to windows explorer again copy them all to the new folder with the name of the artist and song name. This way I will have them available throughout the 12 songs and to future reference.
When you are doing this to hundreds of channels you make mistakes. You just delete the mistake and move on. Easy and fast.
I really like the way presonus did this, although i would like to have the option to create a folder. This and other very clever things made me switch to studio one.
I just don't like the update that's all.

Custom Build Fanless Supermicro Workstation Xeon E3-1275 3.5Ghz - 16Gb 1600 ECC - System Disk PCI-e SSD OZ Revodrive 3 Scratch Disk WD Black 1Tb Windows 8.1 x64 - Midas VeniceF 16x16 Audio Interface
by Lawrence on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:49 pm
joaohugo wroteMike, that option as well as the delete option was available on the right click.

I heard that. I still have 2.6.3 installed and I don't see it there,,, which is why I asked if you can post a picture so we all know what you're talking about. All of the old versions are here for download...

http://www.presonus.com/products/studio ... on-archive

We do try to help but we can't help (or confirm) if we don't understand. You might also want to put your system details in your signature so at least we know what OS you're using.

Thanks,
by mbain1967 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:02 pm
In the Browser pane, there is a right-click delete option for every item - instruments, files, effects, you name it. It is still there on this new update.

There is no delete option for FX chains in the mixer, but there wasn't one in 2.63, either. I checked right before I updated.

Studio One Pro 3.1.1
M-Audio Fast Track, ASIO Driver
Windows 10
16 GB DDR3
Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30 GHz
by flipkid561 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 pm
Some 3rd party plugins are all fudged up, namely Molot compressor. I reinstalled it but the visual aspect of the compressor (that soviet design thing) is now missing and it only shows the knobs in Studio One format. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
by lanschuetz on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:24 am
Another extremely weird bug with 2.6.4

Waves CLA-76. When you select Input on the meter, it doesn't move. GR and Output
work? The function works (it definitely gets more signal). In fact, all the knobs and the
meter seem to work - including the clip light.

All work fine when you go back to 2.6.3. Still on Mavericks - will try on Yosemite
tonight.

Been using this DAW for years now and it has never let me down. But these errors are
extremely weird. Clearly some kind of calls of not getting responses from the host
program. Not going to change DAWs as I still like the workflow, but some things do
seem to have escaped this time without a certain amount of QC.

(I also posted the one about STTOOL, which shows as an illegal plugin, though
it doesn't remove it). Not sure what these kinds of things have in common, but there
must be something.....
by joaohugo on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:27 pm
Mike, thanks for the link. I opened a ticket. I also updated my signature here.

by joaohugo on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:46 pm
lanschuetz wroteBeen using this DAW for years now and it has never let me down. But these errors are extremely weird. Clearly some kind of calls of not getting responses from the host program. Not going to change DAWs as I still like the workflow, but some things do seem to have escaped this time without a certain amount of QC..

Exactly my point of view. This DAW it's a work horse but the more I go into it the more I realize that there's a lot to be improved.
I know and experienced daily things, like red clips on limiter that didn't happen and that don't go away, bumps on low frequencies if i change the factor of the HPF from 6db to 12 db, some plugins that simply had to stop using them because of loud pop's each time a song was initialized, that cache buffer rolling when loading large samples that I use to get outside and smoke a cigarette and so many other tiny but annoying little bugs.
When I see this happening to me daily and Presonus releases an update because of soundcloud API I get really disappointed.

by MarcoScherer on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:01 am
Installed the update today and now a lot of 3rd party plug-ins are missing. For example all the TAL stuff. Already resetted the plug-in blacklist and rescanned the plug-in folders. Didn't change anything.

How do I get my plug-ins back in S1?

Btw: I'm using S1 on OS X 10.9.5
by chicomann on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:44 am
hey thank's peeps at presonus the awsome thing's you do.
love 2.6.4 :D
by -Luis- on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:19 am
wavelineaudio wroteThis messed up most of my plugins that are not showing anymore....downer update

MarcoScherer wroteInstalled the update today and now a lot of 3rd party plug-ins are missing. For example all the TAL stuff. Already resetted the plug-in blacklist and rescanned the plug-in folders. Didn't change anything.

Studio One 2.6.4 Release Notes
==============================
- OSX version is now 64 bit per default
To "fix" this just open Studio One in 32 bit mode.
by Lawrence on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:44 am
joaohugo wroteMike, thanks for the link. I opened a ticket. I also updated my signature here.

You're welcome. I hope they get you sorted out.

As a side note, I do think tech support may get deluged by tickets for things that sometimes range from feature requests to training issues that can sometimes be more quickly solved on the forum. Guys like Luis here (musician2373) have S1 running on multiple OS's with a good collection of 3rd party plugins and probably knows S1 as well as most random tech support people and can often solve a users issue without bringing official tech support into it, maybe leaving tech support free for the more highly technical and more problematic things.

In the end we all want the same thing... for users to solve their issues and get to work.
by MarcoScherer on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:54 am
musician2373 wrote
wavelineaudio wroteThis messed up most of my plugins that are not showing anymore....downer update

MarcoScherer wroteInstalled the update today and now a lot of 3rd party plug-ins are missing. For example all the TAL stuff. Already resetted the plug-in blacklist and rescanned the plug-in folders. Didn't change anything.

Studio One 2.6.4 Release Notes
==============================
- OSX version is now 64 bit per default
To "fix" this just open Studio One in 32 bit mode.

Alright, got it, thanks! Should be mentioned somewhere in big fat letters, though ;)
by strykervet1 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:47 pm
Just got the update and for some reason it won't record or playback. Help!
by oldblood on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:29 pm
i am so, so glad I resisited the update, pretty sure it will all get sorted soon guys.

Clive

i5 @4.4Ghz, 16 GB Ram, GTX 550TI graphics OS:Win7 64
Focusrite Sappire Pro 24DSP,Nektar Impact LX88,
KRK Rokit 6, Cakewalk MA-150.
DAW S1 V3 Professional
Synths: Reason,
Plugs: Waves, Slate,Soundtoys, Eventide, Lexicon, Melda and various.

134 postsPage 4 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7