39 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Thanks everyone for their suggested work arounds and alternative options for accomplishing what I seek. They should work in the interim. But I definitely believe that having the freedom to select to transform PRE as well as post fader is the most streamlined, convenient and professional way of temporarily rendering tracks to free up your CPU usage in a modern daw such as Studio One. Thank you so much for your votes and keeping my dream alive. I recently upgraded from 3 to 4.1 and have to say that pretty much every missing feature from studio one I have been hoping for has been implemented (better tempo mapping, session data import etc.) EXCEPT this one so I will continue posting and bumping it in hopes of getting more peoples attention and votes until hopefully it is implemented and I am a happy man.

Thank you again for your replies and votes! Cheers!
by robertgray3 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:00 am
Thanks for pushing this, yeah I wish for this just about every time I transform a track!

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by vseanv on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:53 pm
robertgray3 wroteThanks for pushing this, yeah I wish for this just about every time I transform a track!

No problem! Thanks for your comment and hopefully it gets implemented sometime soon. It's unfortunate I haven't been able to get more votes with this post being viewed over 600 times but every vote counts and I appreciate it!
by mikemanthei on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:57 am
As long as you're on the subject of things that should be pre fader, add stem export to that list.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by vseanv on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:59 am
mikemanthei wroteAs long as you're on the subject of things that should be pre fader, add stem export to that list.

Definitely.
by vseanv on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am
By weekly bump!
by vseanv on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm
Bump because I have moved back to studio one from PT full time and this is the only feature that is causing me a huge PIA... please pretty pleaseeee
by rjplus on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 pm
Hi,

Can't you just do a pre fader send to a bus and render the bus. Its an extra step but should do what you want.

Roy
by bailatosco on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:41 pm
Of course this is really needed. I read praises on some forums about S1's Transform function and I wonder what are they comparing it to. I mean I use it, it's there, but it's not a "mature" feature by any stretch.
The default behaviour should have been "pre fader/pan" from the beginning, that's a given. But the functionality could improve a lot, here's some examples inspired by Reaper's freezing system, wich is really good at this:

- freeze ANY track, bus, fx. (maybe if you freeze a bus, the bus turns into a stereo audio track, and the tracks that are sending to that bus get disabled -and hidden?-)

- multiple Transform steps: you have a plugin on a track, you freeze it, you put another plugin, you freeze it, you unfreeze the track and the last plugin you inserted appears on the track again, you unfreeze again --> now both plugins appear on the track.

Anything that can help you save some CPU in Studio One, is the best thing the developers can do for Studio One.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by bailatosco on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:22 pm
I forgot something that would also be a nice addition to the Transform feature (inspired on Reaper too):
- When you transform a track, only the ENABLED plugins get rendered... and the ones that are bypassed or disabled stay on the channel. IMO this is a must-have.

I found some feature requests for the functions I mentioned above:

Transform bus channels to audio (freeze bus)
https://answers.presonus.com/16290/abil ... 290#q16290

Transform to Rendered Audio to include selected Plugins Only
https://answers.presonus.com/14876/tran ... 876#q14876

I think it would be really nice to unify all these feature request into a unique "FR: Transform to rendered audio features"

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by vseanv on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:30 pm
rjplus wroteHi,

Can't you just do a pre fader send to a bus and render the bus. Its an extra step but should do what you want.

Roy

This would stull result in a reset fader/pan automation.. I want the automation to remain separate from the frozen file so it is always maintained and editable.
by vseanv on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 pm
bailatosco wroteI forgot something that would also be a nice addition to the Transform feature (inspired on Reaper too):
- When you transform a track, only the ENABLED plugins get rendered... and the ones that are bypassed or disabled stay on the channel. IMO this is a must-have.

I found some feature requests for the functions I mentioned above:

Transform bus channels to audio (freeze bus)
https://answers.presonus.com/16290/abil ... 290#q16290

Transform to Rendered Audio to include selected Plugins Only
https://answers.presonus.com/14876/tran ... 876#q14876

I think it would be really nice to unify all these feature request into a unique "FR: Transform to rendered audio features"

Thanks for your replies, I agree with you completely! I also really love the way reaper does a lot of things except comping.. but i’m starting to feel like I might bite the bullet and adapt to it’s modus operandi and start using it instead.
by vseanv on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 pm
Monthly bump
by vseanv on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:02 am
Bump
by sirmonkey on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:24 pm
vseanv wrote
rjplus wroteHi,

Roy

This would stull result in a reset fader/pan automation.. I want the automation to remain separate from the frozen file so it is always maintained and editable.

Possible workaround (but I do get your point)...
Use "Duplicate Track- Complete" and then do what rjplus said on the newly duplicated track.
Aside from doing extra steps, would there be other complications? I ask, because there's
sometimes other stuff that I don't know about that can make what seems like a simple idea,
well, not so simple. But maybe that could work for now.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Lawrence on Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 am
I'm obviously missing something important here, but I can be slow at times.

If I start from here...

… and transform to audio and uncheck everything but Preserve Instrument State and Remove Instrument, the only thing that gets rendered is the fader level, and the unity fader setting afterward makes that irrelevant...

Is that what the request is, to not render the fader level or is there something else involved that I'm missing? Like I said earlier, I can be slow at times, so I must be missing something important there somewhere, why it even matters if the level leaving the channel is the same in the end.

In the other scenario, the event would be 10.6 db louder and the fader would be at -10.db, the same audible end result, and generally speaking the audio event level is irrelevant in 32-bit float.

P.S. For audio track transform if you want to do that currently, alt drag the FX chain to the events, remove the channel FX, freeze the event FX,
by Nip on Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:24 am
sirmonkey wroteUse "Duplicate Track- Complete" and then do what rjplus said on the newly duplicated track.

When I did that with a instrument track - I got a new instance of instrument as well, in the list in console view.

I expected just complete with clips - but not so it seems.

Maybe there are ways with some modifier key to have it leave instrument as is.

But external instruments should be ok. Or temporarily point to midi port - and do duplicate - then point back to instrument - probably works too - unless having automation on instrument internals..

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by sirmonkey on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:23 am
I did some experimenting, and tried using Export Mixdown, which may be useful:
I set up a quick project with a MIDI track and audio track, with a few sends on each
track, as well as fader automation.
For the track of interest, I turned off automation for the fader level, and put the track on solo.
* In the mixdown options, I checked "Import to track". The result is a copy of the track without the
fader automation. And the same can be done with automation of plugins: You can
turn off automation of any parameter and get a mixdown of the track without the
automation of any parameter- the track gets "exported" into the current song.
* This worked for audio and MIDI instrument tracks.
I'm not sure if this helps the OP, but still, hopefully it's useful to know.
At the moment, I can't think of a quicker workflow. After all, in this scenario, one is
picking individual parameters to print to track, or not. Anyway, hope this helps!

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by robertgray3 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:48 am
Lawrence wroteI'm obviously missing something important here, but I can be slow at times.

If I start from here...

… and transform to audio and uncheck everything but Preserve Instrument State and Remove Instrument, the only thing that gets rendered is the fader level, and the unity fader setting afterward makes that irrelevant...

Is that what the request is, to not render the fader level or is there something else involved that I'm missing? Like I said earlier, I can be slow at times, so I must be missing something important there somewhere, why it even matters if the level leaving the channel is the same in the end.

In the other scenario, the event would be 10.6 db louder and the fader would be at -10.db, the same audible end result, and generally speaking the audio event level is irrelevant in 32-bit float.

P.S. For audio track transform if you want to do that currently, alt drag the FX chain to the events, remove the channel FX, freeze the event FX,

Yes that’s how I interpreted it’s

Although after a year and a half I gotta say I basically got used to it and honestly think it’s fine. The person who claimed the system wasn’t “mature” might want to compare it to Live’s Freezing and Flattening Or REAPER’s versión... both are much more limited than here....

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

39 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2