39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
https://answers.presonus.com/18066/pre- ... orm-needed

Please consider clicking on the link above and voting for my feature request for PRE-Fader Track transform so that we can still make level and pan adjustments on transformed tracks allowing us to mix with low CPU usage. The post above explains in full details why the current way of transforming a track is only half a feature at best, and broken at worst.

This is pretty much the only feature keeping me from moving to Studio One full time from Pro Tools as Pre-fader Freeze/Commit in Pro Tools allows me to create large and plugin filled sessions with minimal CPU usage. And I think we all love minimal CPU Usage.

"Vote for vseanv's feature request, and I'll make all of your wildest dreams come true!"
- Pedro, from Napolean Dynamite (paraphrased)

Thank you for your time!

All the best.
by Funkybot on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:16 pm
There's been a longstanding request for this already here:

https://answers.presonus.com/18066/pre- ... 066#q18066

I suggest you close your item and upvote the existing one. Having multiple open items for the same request will only hurt the chances of the feature getting lots of votes because voting will be split between two different items.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by robertgray3 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 pm
Isn't that the one he posted?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:38 pm
That's latency for you ;)

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Jemusic on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 pm
Turn the volume and pan automation OFF before doing a bounce. Assuming there is other processing being applied, that will be included in the bounce and the automation won't be. You can even leave the original automation behind and replace the track underneath it as well and then switch the automation back on.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by robertgray3 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
PreAl wroteThat's latency for you ;)

Sometimes zero latency is a bad thing!

Jemusic wroteTurn the volume and pan automation OFF before doing a bounce. Assuming there is other processing being applied, that will be included in the bounce and the automation won't be. You can even leave the original automation behind and replace the track underneath it as well and then switch the automation back on.

A useful method for doing this in the meantime but I think the reasoning behind the FR is being able to unfreeze it whenever you want and to not have to disable / enable things that you might forget to disable / enable later and might disable / enable the quality of your mix :mrgreen:

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by vseanv on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 pm
Jemusic wroteTurn the volume and pan automation OFF before doing a bounce. Assuming there is other processing being applied, that will be included in the bounce and the automation won't be. You can even leave the original automation behind and replace the track underneath it as well and then switch the automation back on.

It’s not just volume/pan automation that I am trying to preserve. It is static position back and forth between rendered and un-rendered. And what you describe is bouncing a track and not using the Track Transform feature.. the whole point is to be able to use it as a real means of offloding CPU usage. Your solution also doesn’t take into account doing this for many tracks at once for say like freezing a drum mix or vocal group with lots of processing.. but thank you for offering your idea for a work around and being part of the conversation! I appreciate the brainstorming of what could work in the meantime. :)
by vseanv on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:54 pm
Funkybot wroteThere's been a longstanding request for this already here:

I suggest you close your item and upvote the existing one. Having multiple open items for the same request will only hurt the chances of the feature getting lots of votes because voting will be split between two different items.

Yes, if you had followed the link you would have realized that it is the same one and I am the original poster. But thank you for trying to make sure requests stay organized and don’t get their votes fragmented. :)
by vseanv on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:57 pm
PreAl wroteThat's latency for you ;)

Sorry can you explain why Latency plays into this situation. Doesn’t anything post inserts have to be compensated, whether it’s pre or post fader?

Thanks! :)
by PreAl on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:25 pm
^^ LOL. I was simply making a joke about a link being posted twice. Go figure !

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by vseanv on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:31 pm
PreAl wrote^^ LOL. I was simply making a joke about a link being posted twice. Go figure !

Lol! My bad. :lol:
by codyhazelle on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:44 pm
I agree it would be a neat feature but I don't think it's a dealbreaker...As the other posters said: Pan the track center and turn off automation. Then once it's transformed turn the automation back on (unless it goes away? I could be mistaken) and pan it back to where you want it. Not too big of a deal.

What I think really needs to happen is bouncing down/freezing of buses. A lot of my actual processing goes on buses (FX, pads, etc) and I'd like to be able to get those bounced down. Then again, now that I think of it...Usually when mixing/tweaking I'm tweaking what's on the buses anyway (vocals, drums, guitars) so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen R7 1700 3GHz, Radeon RX 480, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 2, Studio One 4 Pro
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 am
vseanv wrote @ Jemusic: Your solution also doesn’t take into account doing this for many tracks at once for say like freezing a drum mix or vocal group with lots of processing.. but thank you for offering your idea for a work around and being part of the conversation! I appreciate the brainstorming of what could work in the meantime.

Then I'm sure you're open to stemming. Remember, stemming isn't only for exporting stems to files for transfer, but it also works with whole track(s), channel(s), partial sections (via start & end, or loop markers), so you'd have direct track rendering right there. Of course effects can be selected or deselected as well. Last but not least, it can create these stems "in" your existing song as well.

Also, for those with a Faderport 8 & 16, there is the ability to turn all effects off with one global command.
This I would like to see within Studio One itself, as even when bouncing tracks, it's often advantageous to leave effects off.

codyhazelle wrote: What I think really needs to happen is bouncing down/freezing of buses. A lot of my actual processing goes on buses (FX, pads, etc) and I'd like to be able to get those bounced down. Then again, now that I think of it...Usually when mixing/tweaking I'm tweaking what's on the buses anyway (vocals, drums, guitars) so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Stemming would also help here, as you can track  (internally or external files), the selected effects you would like to generate into track(s). That will place them on seperate tracks in and/or out of Studio One. You would have to group them and bounce together, if you choose, or leave them separate. The point is, there are many options by stemming.

Stemming does not resolve all pre - post fade issues, but it's a viable and easy alternative, for many, many operations.

Lastly, even on my now 6 year old Intel i7 Laptop, with limited ram, I've never felt held back time wise by effects processing, time wise. It's more of a need to simply avoid effects tied in as a default altogether (as the OP suggests). An easy option on the fly to rendering (and bouncing) would be beneficial. A quick pre/post fader option/switch, and a effect on/off switch when rendering or bouncing would be just nice.

The trick is, Presonus sell the idea of Studio One to be streamlined, and professional. They now need to add these very purposeful additions.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by PreAl on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:43 am
Lokeyfly wroteThe trick is, Presonus sell the idea of Studio One to be streamlined, and professional. They now need to add these very purposeful additions.

One would assume feature request votes count (68 votes so far). Other people have different ideas on what is priority.

If we are talking about Faderport then the most obvious feature missing is that moving "now time" increments that cannot be adjusted. That's a glaring hole and I'm surprised this wasn't done for the new models.

Regardless bugfixes first please..

by Lokeyfly on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 am
PreAl wrote
Lokeyfly wroteThe trick is, Presonus sell the idea of Studio One to be streamlined, and professional. They now need to add these very purposeful additions.

One would assume feature request votes count (68 votes so far). Other people have different ideas on what is priority.

If we are talking about Faderport then the most obvious feature missing is that moving "now time" increments that cannot be adjusted. That's a glaring hole and I'm surprised this wasn't done for the new models.

Regardless bugfixes first please..

It'll be 69 votes shortly as I'll vote as well.
No one has assumed anything as to priority. So not sure what it is you're stating. Faderport issue, included.
My point about the faderport is that it includes an all off effects feature, which simply points to Presonus being aware of globally turning effects off (often, a pre-post fader workaround). Topic related.

There is no priority, as this is all based around a pre-post fade solution that can include very similar and addressablel items (both render, and bounce). So the whole "conversation" here is worth discussing. It's a forum, and often requests are tailored around contributions.

On the FR front, sure lets keep the vote alive. :+1

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by PreAl on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:20 am
"No one has assumed anything as to priority".

You wrote the word "now" :)

Well I did vote for you (fyi).

by Lokeyfly on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:07 am
Just voted now. Just went from 68 to 69. "Ka-ching"

All good, and good FR. Thx all. :)

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Jemusic on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:10 pm
Effects can be turned off globally now within Studio One. And has been for a while now. I agree though in Faderport 8/16 they make it easier that is for sure. The new Faderport also has this feature as well.

In Studio One the moment you insert effects anywhere the global effects ON/OFF button appears right next to the Global Mute and Solo buttons. (very bottom of the track header window)

The rotary encoder on Faderport 8/16 increments one bar at a time and that is all you need. Each click of the encoder is also a nice one bar jump as well. I guess if you need to get into an area within bars you first get close and then set your loop up for more precise playback.

Also my suggestion of bouncing a track (and turning automation off before) also applies to multiple tracks. Just select as many tracks as you want and you can bounce them all at once. Also the bounced tracks immediately replace the original tracks. I agree though going backwards from that is more fiddly. (Unless you undo which you can do) But that is what committing is all about.

If a Pre/Post fader transform option was to be implemented it needs to default to Post as well because nine times out of ten that is what you would want.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Funkybot on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:51 pm
vseanv wrote
Funkybot wroteThere's been a longstanding request for this already here:

Yes, if you had followed the link you would have realized that it is the same one and I am the original poster. But thank you for trying to make sure requests stay organized and don’t get their votes fragmented. :)

Sorry...I remember voting for it at the time and figured a post from 13 months later saying "vote for this FR" was a duplicate of that old request I voted for. Just seems a strange thing to do, to post about something 13 months later.

But then again, I coulda clicked the link.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:14 am
Thanks Jemusic about the global effects on/off. Not at my computer, but did not know that was added. I'll have a look later.

My point to the OP still stands as to stemming by ots ability to handle individual, and group track/channel, capability right within the program. Pre/post fader selection would be fitting for many who are use to it, Ala PT. That got my vote. ;)

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2