12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Forgive me if this is not the right forum for this but I'm fairly peeved by how hard it has been to get support from PreSonus for Studio One.

My old PC died on me. It was running Windows 7. So now I have a new machine which is hugely powerful and is running Windows 10.

To make this long story short I installed Studio One etc. Hooked up my Behringer UMC404HD (which had always worked flawlessly) and tried to get running. But if the UMC404HD was installedStudio One died when it hit "loading midi engine".

I created a support ticket. This resulting in a "conversation" in which I had to wait a day for each response (but of course no response over the weekend). The result of all (nearly a week down the road) was zero help. It was only by accident that I stumbled across a RealTek property dialog that listed which sample rates where support and I notice that 44.1 kHz was not checked. I checked it and problem solved. I'm surprised that this has never happen to anyone else and that support had no clue to even ask about it.

But moreover, zero phone or chat support is absurd. I'm a professional musician and using this software is part of my revenue stream. It's cost me time and money not to mention worry and aggravation. Am I alone in feeling this way?
Last edited by frankdrake on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
by darrenporter1 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:54 am
There is no possible way they could ever conceivably come across every single possible combination of hardware, OS, driver, etc etc etc. It is entirely believable that you are the first one to come across this problem.

Some advice to you... upgrade to Windows 10. Don't believe the fear-mongering on the Internet. It is extremely stable and outperforms Windows 7 in every possible way. If you are afraid of forced upgrades, then get the Pro version.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by frankdrake on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:55 am
My new machine is running windows 10.
Just noticed my typo and corrected it.
by darrenporter1 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:03 pm
:thumbup: Ah that's a step in the right direction!

Glad you were able to solve the issue yourself.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by SwitchBack on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 pm
Hey Frank, welcome to the user forums.

I think we’ve all been there at some point, and then received fantastic support the next time around. It is all part of PreSonus’ growing pains I guess. They’ve created a number of different sources for FAQs and support, to take the load off the Support Group. Some days it works better than others :)

And, to end on a positive note: Now you found this forum, which never sleeps ;)
by jpettit on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:55 pm
When you have an issue where things are not working correctly always:
1) Open a ticket with details step of repeating your issue.
2) Post the same steps on the forum while waiting for a reply from support.

That way you have two sets of eyes and will get your answer faster. :thumbup:

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by frankdrake on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:56 pm
Will do from here on out.
by PreAl on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:23 pm
Sound like an issue with your interface rather than studio one. I think it only runs at 44.1? Check out people having problems with MIDI:

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/c ... able_midi/

This may help as well..

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... indows-10/

If you are using the RealTeak driver it seems you are now using your internal soundcard rather than the Behringer (or maybe I'm reading it wrong).

It doesn't have a very good reputation this interface looking on the internet, if you end up with a dead end you might want to have a look at Focusrite Scarlets.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by frankdrake on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:40 pm
I'm running through the Behringer ... it's connected to my studio monitors and even before I got Studio One working with it I was able to use it as output for Band In A Box and other sound output from my PC. Only Studio One had an issue.

I don't claim to understand how it interacts with RealTek but clearly it does in some fashion.

I've considered using a different device but feeling the bite of having to rebuild my PC. Was actually considering PreSonus hardware. (PreSonus Studio 1810 USB Audio Interface).
by PreAl on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:06 pm
I think Realtek is the sound chip on your computer.

The Behringer is an entirely separate interface you are plugging in. They don't really interact but there may be some sort of conflict going on if you have them set on different samples rates.. by setting them both the same it's probably sorted it (just an educated guess).

Anyway you have the links I gave you, the first one discusses a similar issue with MIDI.

And don't forget to set the correct interface in Studio One (hopefully not set to Realtek). Pressing F1 in studio one (the manual) should give you clear instructions. When I bought S1 the first thing I did was read it from start to finish. The software does require some learning.

Cheers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by frankdrake on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 am
Given the negative observations about the Behringer I'm now more inclined to upgrade my interface.

Focusrite Scarlets are mentioned above.

Any thoughts about PreSonus Studio 1810 USB Audio Interface??

I'm thinking using PreSonus hardware might make it easier to work seamlessly with Studio One ... and perhaps get better support should I run into further difficulties.
by PreAl on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 am
Nothing against Presonus interfaces at all I have not tried them. I think the zero latency monitoring would be an advantage I'm sure others with experience will comment.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1